User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Ageism? Sexism? What was wrong with this guy?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have taken the subway nearly every day since I was 14 (I'm 30 now) and I agree with Janetta. The majority of people are polite and do the right thing, which is why people like this need calling out so they don't do it again. I'll keep dreaming lol.

@snow in summer. We were in NYC in July and found everyone to be quite nice and no need to push. I think the people in NY have a bad rep. It's actually the tourists who are rude, not the locals. I've taken subways in many different cities and never really had issues (except for rude TTC employees, delays and buses driving away empty in Toronto lol). I should add that the rude TTC employees must be retiring because I encounter them much less. I dread going to Japan where they have those subway pushers! lol
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Sep 21st, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
    janetta and sharkie like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Let me guess..Yonge & Bloor or St. George & Bloor

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I must have had a run in with this a$$holes wife last Wednesday. Had an older woman actually pull my arm off the bar on the bus on the way to school. I was apparently in her way and knew she wanted to get off. Like yeah lady I saw you press the button but the bus is still moving, so I'm not going anywhere until the bus stops otherwise I will lose my balance. The bus hadn't even stopped anyway so I don't know where she thought she could go before the bus could stop and open the doors. The driver would wait two seconds for someone to make it to the doors, not like he would just drive away if he sees someone trying to get through the crowd especially an elderly lady.Plus I mean once the bus stopped I would have moved anyway so she could get off. There was no need for rudeness or even laying a hand on me. She actually left finger print bruises on my arm she grabbed me that hard. I mean I know I bruise easier anyway because of my whole kidney malfunction thing, but seriously who grabs a complete stranger and removes them from the only thing keeping them balanced. Too bad I hadn't have known she grabbed me hard enough for physical marks when she was there and I would have given her a nice lecture in front of everyone about what kind of shape my body is in. Probably wouldn't have mattered anyway since she either didn't understand my english, or was pretending she couldn't understand my english when I called her on it. It's one thing to just tap someone, it's another to actually leave behind marks on someone. Some people need to be punched hard in the face but then that would make me the bad person...I hate people some days...
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

St. George! Usually people are much more civil there. I thought this was Yonge and Bloor or Union behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    sharkie likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Argghhh. Rough people like this should go back into their holes.

Rose, were you on the 509? Since they replaced the streetcar with buses, somehow the quality of riders seems to have sunk

Another one: yesterday this dude tried to pry open the bus doors. It was stopped at a red light. NOT the actual stop. I had to tell him 3 times that the stop was across the street and he didn't have to manhandle the bus

No, drivers will not let you off in between stops and nowhere close to the curb in broad daylight. You'll get run over, and they'll get sued
    Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I must have had a run in with this a$$holes wife last Wednesday. Had an older woman actually pull my arm off the bar on the bus on the way to school. I was apparently in her way and knew she wanted to get off. Like yeah lady I saw you press the button but the bus is still moving, so I'm not going anywhere until the bus stops otherwise I will lose my balance. The bus hadn't even stopped anyway so I don't know where she thought she could go before the bus could stop and open the doors. The driver would wait two seconds for someone to make it to the doors, not like he would just drive away if he sees someone trying to get through the crowd especially an elderly lady.Plus I mean once the bus stopped I would have moved anyway so she could get off. There was no need for rudeness or even laying a hand on me. She actually left finger print bruises on my arm she grabbed me that hard. I mean I know I bruise easier anyway because of my whole kidney malfunction thing, but seriously who grabs a complete stranger and removes them from the only thing keeping them balanced. Too bad I hadn't have known she grabbed me hard enough for physical marks when she was there and I would have given her a nice lecture in front of everyone about what kind of shape my body is in. Probably wouldn't have mattered anyway since she either didn't understand my english, or was pretending she couldn't understand my english when I called her on it. It's one thing to just tap someone, it's another to actually leave behind marks on someone. Some people need to be punched hard in the face but then that would make me the bad person...I hate people some days...
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Sep 23rd, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
    sharkie likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This happen to me all the time, I find that people who don't use the subway on rush hour generally afraid they going to miss their station at one of those interchange stop when it's fully pack.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for FREE gift cards and paypal money!!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/<wbr>couponsbaby2011

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Well public transportation in Paris is something memorable.

If you don’t push you way in, you are not getting on. We had stroller, 2 kids, and luggage and were the first inline to take the airport shuttle to go to one terminal to another. We were waiting for people to get off so we could go in, so we moved aside to let people out (like polite people do) well let me tell you, that is not how it works in Paris.

We missed the shuttle…
    SavenRaven likes this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Argghhh. Rough people like this should go back into their holes.

Rose, were you on the 509? Since they replaced the streetcar with buses, somehow the quality of riders seems to have sunk

Another one: yesterday this dude tried to pry open the bus doors. It was stopped at a red light. NOT the actual stop. I had to tell him 3 times that the stop was across the street and he didn't have to manhandle the bus

No, drivers will not let you off in between stops and nowhere close to the curb in broad daylight. You'll get run over, and they'll get sued
    Nope. Finch bus...ALWAYS packed...no matter what time of day
    torontogal12 likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Today's encounter: guy is standing on the steps, right in the middle, texting on his phone. I said excuse me. He tells me to go around him. I show him all the bags I have full of food bank donations and said I can't go around him because he is smack in the middle of the stairs too busy texting and I would have had to knock down a wall to get around. He calls me some choice words.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Oct 26th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh I would have had so much fun in that situation....
    sharkie likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I gave him some nice words back but he was some entitled Bay Street douchebag with the suit and briefcase who just walked away. I need to avoid the financial district
    Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Oh I would have had so much fun in that situation....
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of those....those kinds of guys are the ones that are never truly satisfied inside. The do everything that they think that they need to do, but it is never enough, and they always have this massive hole inside them.....and when they realise that they were a douchbag, well they are dying alone because no one loves them. Karma.

Glad you called him some choice words!
    sharkie and torontogal12 like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

My favourite? Last Sunday, northbound Jane/Steeles bus. Bus is pretty packed and uncomfortablw, genuinely chivalrous 50-something guy sees a woman boarding and offers his seat to her, gets up, acknowledges her, gesturing with his hand. She offers not even a thank you, just a look of indifference while plopping her big butt down. So yeah, she takes the seat he offered, totally ignoring him. i wanted to scream at her..."...you're not disabled, you're not pregnant, yet this man just offered you a seat out of kindness, some bit of gratitude is called for!" The man kept giving her side glances, like he was in shock - not that you expect a thank you... but...
    Last edited by maidennomore; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 01:01 AM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Join me at
    Swagbucks, earn free
    Amazon gift cards and never pay for DVDs or books again!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

No wonder people are so rude. When you do something nice like this, they don't say thank you. He's nicer than me by keeping his mouth shut. I am known to say "YOU'RE WELCOME!" then I get a dirty look for having the gaul to expect manners from people. Canadians are known for being polite but I am really not seeing it anymore

Can't forget the dude who grabbed a certain body part of mine the other day. He "fell over" when the subway braked and conveniently groped me as he "reached" for the pole. He said sorry, then I physically grabbed his arm and placed it on the pole so he wouldn't have an excuse to conveniently fall over and do it again at the next station. I can't accuse him if the subway was braking because he could argue it was legit

Quote Originally Posted by maidennomore View Post
    My favourite? Last Sunday, northbound Jane/Steeles bus. Bus is pretty packed and uncomfortablw, genuinely chivalrous 50-something guy sees a woman boarding and offers his seat to her, gets up, acknowledges her, gesturing with his hand. She offers not even a thank you, just a look of indifference while plopping her big butt down. So yeah, she takes the seat he offered, totally ignoring him. i wanted to scream at her..."...you're not disabled, you're not pregnant, yet this man just offered you a seat out of kindness, some bit of gratitude is called for!" The man kept giving her side glances, like he was in shock - not that you expect a thank you... but...
    sharkie likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information