User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By toban
  • 2 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By ssbean

Thread: Yay! Great news! Seeing the Orthopedic this Friday! Update

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've posted in the past about my hand problems fiasco. After many failed attempts at trying to receive help or a referral, I finally headed to another doctor. After giving me treatments that unfortunately didn't help, he said I need to see a hand surgeon and referred me. This was almost two month ago. I was told it's a 5-6 month wait for a consultation and I would also have my name on the cancellation list.

Guess what!? The surgeons office phoned me on Monday mentioning there is a cancellation and asked if I could come this Friday. I said yes! That was fast!

I'm hoping I don't need surgery and I'm also glad I kept pursuing until I found some help.

So anyone out there who has medical issues, keep searching until you find someone who will help you.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by toban; Tue, Oct 9th, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
    ssbean, ING_rep and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's good news; hope things go well! Getting answers sure helps the journey.
    ssbean and toban like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Update...

I was nervous waiting in the examination room. I usually feel that way when meeting a new doctor for the first time. I've had bad experiences in the past. He was very very very professional. The bedside manners were just okay.

At first he wasn't sure what his plan would be. He asked how my previous surgeries on my other arm and hand turned out. I told him I had some problems, one being they had to go back in,but I realize surgery is not 100 percent guaranteed. After many questions, examination and asking if the other treatments helped(they didn't offer long relief), surgery would be his next offer. I also had my MRI report which he read. He gave me a short explanation and what to expect after surgery. It's about 20 minutes at the most and I won't be using my hand for maybe a month. I will be awake for surgery, freeze my hand. He figured I shouldn't have a long wait to have surgery and they will call with a date.
    Last edited by toban; Mon, Oct 1st, 2012 at 04:20 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Good that you got some answers. Hope your surgery goes well.
    toban likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Natalka and ssbean!

I received a call from the surgeons office last week. They scheduled me for surgery near the end of November. I'm glad I don't have to wait long.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It’s nice to here some positive news and thoughts for the community members. Wish you good luck mate! You are pretty lucky to get things done in to your way.

Thread Information