User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Butt3rCooki3 View Post
    thanks for the input everyone,
    it seems a lot of people have good things to say about the bullet, knowing that no kitchen appliance is perfect, I think I will invest in a bullet just to see how it works, if it doesnt turn out as well as I would like, I'll find a higher priced hamilton beach blender which I've heard good things about.

does anyone know if small set, "magic bullet single shot" which usually go for 29.99, is the same quality as the large set, "magic bullet platinum pro" which usually goes between $70-100 ? I know there are more cups/bullet tops for the large set, but is that the only difference?

thanks again everyone!
    Im pretty sure the only difference is, extra blades, cups ect. The actually base part is exactly the same unit. I looked at the bigger set and settled in the smaller one even thought the extra-different blades and cups would have been nice.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I love my magic bullet - best kitchen gadget I bought last year.
    I also have a blender for my margaritas & it crushes ice very well.

If you keep an eye out on sales at Walmart, Canadian Tire, etc.. you
    can get them both for a low price; that's what I did.
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have both a blender and a magic bullet and I must say I LOVE my magic bullet!

The trick about crushing ice in the bullet is to use the pulse method instead of the blend method. So instead of holding down the cup to make the blade spin, you just press it for like a sec and let go then press again and so on, so what you are actually doing is pushing up and down.

We do that at least twice a day with ice because my daughter loves eating 'snow' lol. If you do it for only a little while you get crushed ice, but if you keep on doing it you get snow. Literally...snow. So you can make wicked snow cones with the bullet (better than at the CNE because the consistency is more like snow than ice). mmmm.

We also use our bullet for sauces, nacho sauce (cheese and jalapenos), salsa, margaritas, daquiri's, and a ton of other things. We probably use it every day and we've had ours since 2004 and have never needed another blade or has the motor burnt. We do however use it as the directions say -- i.e. never have the motor working for more than 10 seconds. In fact, we typically hold it down for 7 or 8 seconds max. We bought the Bullet from the TV ads, so we paid about $100 for it but it also came with TWO deluxe sets so we have 2 bullets, 4 blades, a plethora of cups and lid types.

So yeah....go with the Bullet. :D

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That magic bullet has made someone or some people very very rich! A very amusingly tacky info-mercial.... I received one as a gift and it is alright, but I prefer my old fashioned blender.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

The magic bullet had a very nice commercial. My granny watched the whole thing (twice) and wanted to order two (one for her and one for my mom) I had to convince her not to since she didn't even understand the commercial; she doesn't speak English! My mom's blender just broke (it was a brand name one) so I recommend getting the more durable one. The magic bullet is also smaller, good if you don't have much storage space.
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I ended up buying a blender from canadian tire at half off (I paid 24.99), it is the black and decker cyclone: this is the canadian tire link http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...romSearch=true

So far, I love it. it crushes ice, blends, and mixes all superbly. Noise level is about normal, and as a plus it is very easy to clean, love the glass jar (was the major factor for me to chose this over the bullet, im very anti-plastic), and also looks sleek and modern-y.

If the bullet goes on sale in the future, I might invest in one to try, but in the mean time im very happy with my blender! : )
    with Wagjag(http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=b6d767d2f8ed5d21a44b0e5886680cb9), I've saved @ Umbra store, Windsor Arms Hotel (Afternoon Tea), Fairmont Royal York Hotel Library Bar, Wanda's Pie in the Sky, Hero Burgers, Menchies Frozen Yogurt, AND Curves Fitness! YOU CAN TOO!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a blender bullet and I love it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My mom and dad gave me the magic bullet for Christmas and I love it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Magic bullet looks a little small for big jobs, but the infomercial makes it so cool!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information