User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Ikea grand opening 28 nov 2012

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1073...-november-28th

Summary:
    On November 28, IKEA Canada will welcome Winnipeg into their spectacular new 395,671 square foot store. The celebration begins with opening ceremonies at 8:20 a.m.

All customers can enjoy special offers on opening day and through the weekend.
    On opening day, the retailer will be rewarding the first 1,000 fans in line with mystery boxes that will contain a $75 IKEA gift card and an allen key. Five lucky customers who have golden allen keys will be eligible to try their luck at winning either a $1,000 IKEA gift card or a grand prize of a $5,000 IKEA gift card at 7:30 a.m. Customers will be welcome to start lining up at 12:01 a.m.on November 28.

What: IKEA Winnipeg grand opening ceremonies
    Where: 500 Sterling Lyon Parkway
    When: November 28, 2012
    Opening Ceremonies begin at 8:20 a.m.
    Doors open at 9:00 a.m.

• 7:30 a.m. Winners of in-line contest

Wow, though I would love to get that mystery box, I will not venture out in this weather to line up outside their store at 12:01am (in addition, it takes me about 50 minutes by bus with 1 transfer to get there anyway). Will you plan to camp out there to get a chance to win a big gift card?
    This thread is currently associated with: IKEA, Winners

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I live 3 minutes away...and I will still not be lining up...time is money!
    MeMew likes this.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

so by 730, the draw for the $1000 and $5000 will already be done, which means they would have been already handed out, which means you at least have to be in line by 630 or something..?!!
    But it is tempting to get a $75 gc...but there is no way in hell i am getting there for 12 am let alone 630 or b4 the doors open for that matter. The store opens at 9..do you think there will be 1000 people in line b4 then?? I doubt it. In THIS weather too?? I cringe just walking from the parking lot to the store (being outside for less than 2 minutes)!! No way I'm waiting in line!!! Frostbite for sure!! lol
    Last edited by littlebean; Sat, Nov 24th, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
    MeMew likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

it seems that the line starts at 12.00am that day and you must be there around that time to be sure to get your hand on a 75$ GC and a chance to get either 1000$ or 5000$, lol.
    I could not imagine will there be 1000 persons in line before 7.30am or not but they said in an interview that they have made a military-like preparation for the crowd. With the crazy mess with Old Navy giving out MP3, WII U, etc. in the past, I think there will be a huge line of persons then.
    Well, for your concern, the IKEA manager said something in her interview that they also prepared heaters to keep people warm and also porta-potties.
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

if people line up at places like Future Shop and Best Buy the night before for boxing day in this weather you better guarantee there will be MORE than 1000 people in line to get a FREE $75 GC plus the chance to win more - I might be one of those crazy people - IKEA is my all time favorite store and can't wait for the 28th plus it is just minutes from me too
    MeMew, Deb1197 and bmpsmommy like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I might be one of those crazy people too.
    IKEA is a favorite store of mine (we bought our kitchen cupboards from there a few years ago). Plus, November 28th is my bday....and I don't have any other plans, so I figure why not do something for me on my birthday
    MeMew likes this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I think the people in line at Future shop or Best Buy are going because there are massive sales on 60 inch TV's, for example. I still can't imagine 1000 people in line before 730, to try and win more (do they know that its only a 5 in 1000 chance of getting a golden key, and then a 2 in 1000 chance of winning one of two grand prizes? that's a 0.2 chance of winning more. so not even 1%. I wonder if the people have calculated those odds lol).
    A lot of my friends and I are waiting it out, as it's obviously going to be a chaotic shopping experience, and to us a $75 gc is not worth standing in the bitter cold for hours, not to mention standing in line again to cash out.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I will be one of the crazzies waiting in line
    MeMew and KJH like this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

you crazy, girl!
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I am happy I no longer need to shop at the 1 in Calgary but it will be nice to get one of these GC but to stand in line at that time No Thanks but if it was warm outside I will be there ,lol
    MeMew and Jezebel like this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

oh I will be fine lol not that I think I will get a golden key ...but I can wish LOL
    MeMew and bmpsmommy like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

i know someone that works at ikea and they told me there is security that isnt letting people in the parking lot till a couple hours before it opens so that means u cant camp there all night! im not sure what time they let u in the parking lot but i know for sure there not letting people camp out all night

which also means there is going to be crazy traffic around the store and surrounding area! and not to mention that area is already crazy in the morning.

all i say is good luck to all you people trying to get that 5000 gift card

lol i just read the 1201 am part so i guess there not letting pl in the parking lot till that time!
    Last edited by lorressa; Tue, Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:42 AM.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

hey you just never know! good luck!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

well if things take a turn and I wake up sicker than I am right now I won't be going

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

City Place this morning. At 10am there were about 100 people queuing for a chance to win something from Ikea vending machine. It's lot of fun though. I won a bag of candy but lots of people won Ikea GCs. Now I am sure that there will be 1000 people tonight. In the newspaper, the Ikea manager said they expected about 20,000 coming in during the grand opening (not sure DAY or WEEK)!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information