User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by courtreporter View Post
    You won't get the 15X times bonus pts on your receipt today, though, just in case you don't know, she said it would be applied at a later date, which I don't remember

I believe it might be the 7th of the month when bonus points are added

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Melody113 View Post
    When you give the card first it gives you the points on the total before coupon if you give it after your total is down if you are like most here it's way down. : )
    oic~~that's great to know~~thanks for the clarification.

I did notice today i got base points for everything (incl those I used $ off coupons for), but not FPCs. i believe they use a different code when entering in the coupons, so you dont get even base points for FPCs.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shoppers has 3 ways to enter coupons, they are set up the way CRA tax guide separates tax treatment of coupon. the way they are SUPPOSED to be used:

2001 - any normal manufacturer coupon for $X off. You will pay tax before the coupon discount is applied. The total price of the item before the coupon discount counts for points, regular and multiple. Eg handing a $1 off coupon is the same as handing over a dollar for tax/points.

2002 - any coupon that says "get item FREE". NO TAX charged on the free item. SDM does not give any points for a free item.

2004 - an SDM issued coupon. no tax on the discount, its the same as them reducing their selling price. You get the point son the pre discount amount..

They don't always use them right, which can be bad for the customer, or good depending on what they do and whether it is a 20x day. The above is for sure how they are supposed to use the codes to enter coupons.

Coupon and Freebie Junkie courtreporter's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (97%)

Thanks so much Zoro. I am going to print this page.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

You get the points for the Airmiles as well I believe. This means Lawtons and Sobeys would also be good locations.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redmouse View Post
    I'm not 100% sure on the Optimum thing - so if anyone knows for sure it would be good to know.

I went the other day and I had 3 coupons for satin care to save $2.00 and it was on sale for $1.99 and 2 coupons to save a $1.00 on tolberlone on sale for $2.99 and it came to $5-something and I only got 110 opt.points. so not sure on this one!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crystal1303 View Post
    I went the other day and I had 3 coupons for satin care to save $2.00 and it was on sale for $1.99 and 2 coupons to save a $1.00 on tolberlone on sale for $2.99 and it came to $5-something and I only got 110 opt.points. so not sure on this one!
    it makes sense~~
    1.99X3 = 5.97
    2.99X2 = 5.98
    so total is 11.95 so you get 110 base points. its 10 points for every dollar

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zoro View Post
    Shoppers has 3 ways to enter coupons, they are set up the way CRA tax guide separates tax treatment of coupon. the way they are SUPPOSED to be used:

2001 - any normal manufacturer coupon for $X off. You will pay tax before the coupon discount is applied. The total price of the item before the coupon discount counts for points, regular and multiple. Eg handing a $1 off coupon is the same as handing over a dollar for tax/points.

2002 - any coupon that says "get item FREE". NO TAX charged on the free item. SDM does not give any points for a free item.

2004 - an SDM issued coupon. no tax on the discount, its the same as them reducing their selling price. You get the point son the pre discount amount..

They don't always use them right, which can be bad for the customer, or good depending on what they do and whether it is a 20x day. The above is for sure how they are supposed to use the codes to enter coupons.
    so if the cashier applies 2001 and 2004 the customer should get points based on total before coupons. and for 2002 you dont get points for the free product. correct?

<div style="filter: glow(Color=red,Strength=5 ); width: 100%;border: 2px solid purple;color: red;">&lt;div style=&quot;filter: glow(Color=red,Strength=5 ); width: 100%;border: 2px solid purple;color: red;&quot;&gt;9 days to shop&lt;/div&gt;</div> columbiathorndale's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thank you

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I redeemed two J&J FPC's (mine & my mom's) for 2 baby gift baskets... and also used the Pledge FPC.

Dayle

Quote Originally Posted by redmouse View Post
    $60 in FPCs - way to go - what coupons did you use?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (95%)

so today if you use 20 dollars in fpcs and you only spend 30 bucks (making that 50) you wont get the bounus points for the fpcs?

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aliciax View Post
    so today if you use 20 dollars in fpcs and you only spend 30 bucks (making that 50) you wont get the bounus points for the fpcs?
    That's what I would think... but I'm not 100% sure.

It may make a difference when they scan the card, like some people mentioned.

Happy shopping

Dayle

kib
    Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used an fpc at Zellers yesterday, along with SPC VIP.

Tax was applied based on the price after 10% SPC discount. ($4.97-10% = 4.47 + 5% GST = 4.69). The amount deducted for the fpc was the full price, that is, the price before 10% SPC discount. Result: 4.69-4.97. I got paid 28 cents to take home a bottle of Dove body wash. Hbc points were applied on the amount after SPC discount and before coupons. So I got points on the free item.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am embarrased to ask but, what is FPC??? Can anyone tell me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

FPC = Free Product Coupon Not to worry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information