User Tag List

Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have had nothing but good luck with Kijiji.

I post the items I am trying to sell. I clearly state PICK UP ONLY and give a general idea of where we live. When someone is interested I set up a time for them to come (when it is convenient for both of us) and view the item. I give them my husbands cell number only and tell them to call when they are leaving. If they do not call they are out of luck. LOL

Anytime someone asks if they can pick it up on a certain date, after viewing it I always have them sign a waiver and leave a deposit. It clearly states that they will pick the item up by such and such a date and if they do not then they forfeit the deposit and I am free to sell the item to another person.

Sometimes I have several people interested but I always give the first person first dibs. If we can not set up an agreed upon time to view the item I tell them I am offering the item to another person and they either a) make a point to come and see it asap or b) forget about trying to buy it.

Whatever you do just remember do what is convenient for you. Do not go out of your way to accommodate someone else beyond what you feel is reasonable and if you feel someone is dicking you around they probably are. I can generally tell by the contents of the email received.
    harbie, Abby5, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora04 View Post
    I posted an ad looking for a sitter, and the lady that replied seems to be really nice! Hopefully we can meet her in the next day or 2, but I'm thinking she will fit it great!
    Whatever you do ASK FOR REFERENCES. I would be leary looking for a babysitting on Kijiji without knowing someone that knows that person. How do you know they are credible. This worries me.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Whatever you do ASK FOR REFERENCES. I would be leary looking for a babysitting on Kijiji without knowing someone that knows that person. How do you know they are credible. This worries me.
    We always ask for references! We have found all our sitters from Kijiji and they were all great. We have had the same sitter now for over 2 years (she can now only do 1 day a week, so now we need another sitter to do the other day a week, LOL). DH also works with someone she used to babysit for, she he will talk to them as well.
    Abby5 likes this.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Sofar I have had 1 good deal on kijiji but too many annoying people but sofar with Craigslist I have sold an office chair and a toilet (never used and still in the box) and I have a bathroom vanity being picked up tonight. The other good thing is I have a guy coming to see my car on Friday from outta town. Fingers crossed it sells

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Oh Craigslist how do I love thee.........

Let me count the ways.....

1) sold my bathroom vanity
    2) sold my new unused toilet
    3)..... SOLD MY CAR FOR FULL ASKING!!!!!!!!!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I feel really bad since due to illness and bad weather, we've had to bail on some-one twice now...While they are happy to keep the item for us for longer...I still want to get it soon so they aren't wondering if we have changed our minds about it...
    We finally managed to pick up our stuff on Wednesday I stiull feel bad cos th guy gave us lots of extras without taking any payment for them.
    GoddessDigi likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Trying to sell my textbooks on Kijiji yet again... I think I've listed them a few times now. People tend to want them for nothing even when I'm selling them for up to 75% off of the original price. Hoping I can get them sold within the month

Custom User Title
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

after trying to sell numerous things on kijiji i have learned that you need to add 25% to the price you want to get to your asking price on the ad. hasnt failed me yet, if i want 100$ for something i ask 125, makes people feel like they are getting a deal at 100! #smart

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am trying to sell my old couch. I have had quite a few replies, so I'm hoping to get asking for it and that it will be gone today!
    Abby5 likes this.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Had a good experience today. Went with mom to buy a PVR off a couple who are moving. $80 for a 160 gb that usually runs around $300+. Easy peasy, had all the cables, everything went better than I even expected!
    Abby5 and Darth Penguin like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

One thing I find frustrating is when I respond to an ad with questions, etc. and they send me an email asking me to call. Why not just answer my questions in the response? I also dislike ads that say no emails. Why post an ad online if you can't manage emails?
    Abby5, xox2010 and queenkathy like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just sold my couch for asking! Only down side is he can not get truck until Wednesday or Thursday to pick it up. Already paid for, so at least i know it will be gone one of those 2 days. I will soon have my livingroom back (have the "new" couch and chair standing in my kitchen).
    Abby5 likes this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I have listed a very high end android phone on kijiji for sale and omg the lowballers!!!!! There's billions of them!
    pippinelkhound and Abby5 like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good luck!! Hope you sold your stuff and that you got lucky with good buyers

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Sold three textbooks today for $280:D Still have about 8 left that I don't will sell since they are now outdated
    Ciel and vesper like this.

Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread Information