User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I was just wonding how many people give to charity or have a foster child(like the ones you see on t.v?) and if so, do you give to more than one. It's not a mad thing if you don't i was just wondering!

My mom collects change from all our family member to donate to the childrens hospital, and instead of gifts for her birthday or x- mas she asks we give to the hopsital in her name! I also give to people when the are out side the shopping malls!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

bcteagirl
    I donate time to charity (Volunteer about 3hrs a week with organic food group- get good food to students/etc who could not normally afford it). I bake a more than a few times a semester for bakesales, mostly for women's shelters, but also for battery recycling, and other environmental issues. I send out about 3 really good Christmas boxes to Africa a year. I wish I had more money to do more...

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

a little goes a long way! Lots of people don't donate that CAN afford it!lol opps i put this post in the wrong forum! wow i think its time for me to go to bed! Good night!

bcteagirl
    Night!

buddhasmurf
    I give to amnesty international , greenpeace, the sally-ann and the local legion at rememberance day.
    BOBBY

bcteagirl
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhasmurf View Post
    I give to amnesty international , greenpeace, the sally-ann and the local legion at rememberance day.
    BOBBY
    I am a member of Amnesty! Have not had time to do anything in quite a while though....

buddhasmurf
    I dont have much time now-adays, but with amnesty, I still take part in letter writing campaina and donate money when I can.

My daughter has to give 10% of her allowance to charity.

(she picks which ones)

BOBBY

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our family sponsers a little boy whos 3, named Abdousalam from Niger..Hes an angel , and it makes us very happy to help out

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Once a year, I go through my towels and harass some of my friends for their old towels and take them to the local humane society and no kill shelters. Also when I have some spare cash I go buy dog & cat treats because these places just cant afford the luxury of buying these things. Id like to volunteer my time at these shelters however my allergy to pets keeps me away.

I have always thought about sponsoring a child from a 3rd world countries or war torn but realize that there are children here in our cities that need help too.

bcteagirl
    Just found this website, what do you guys think of it?

http://www.care2.com/click2donate/

WulfesPassion
    Hello, I just joined today Care2 is a wonderful site to which I am also a member. There are many groups you can join in on , to help save our earth, animals,etc. They also have a nice selection of e-cards, that I use once in awhile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i support the cancer society , red cross ,mental health ,i give to salvation Army . .. plus i give to our local fire dept ..their only volunteers ..hubby is the Captain of the fire dept...plus we have a breakfast program at my sons school.... we donate money ...plus we take our turn servering breakfast .. .then every year our hosiptal for sick children do all kind of stuff so i donate to them ... lung assoication ...omg i could go on ...the people that collects for all these charities ...that i give what i can .

bcteagirl
    Thanks WulfesPassion! That is good to hear.. I was wondering. Now I am motivated to go back there!

Rah_N_Vern
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnikus View Post
    Once a year, I go through my towels and harass some of my friends for their old towels and take them to the local humane society and no kill shelters. Also when I have some spare cash I go buy dog & cat treats because these places just cant afford the luxury of buying these things. Id like to volunteer my time at these shelters however my allergy to pets keeps me away.

I have always thought about sponsoring a child from a 3rd world countries or war torn but realize that there are children here in our cities that need help too.

I agree. I believe 3rd world children deserve clean water, good food, quality housing and health care, but I first like to look at the children (and adults) that need our help here. I hope this doesn't sound heartless, but I believe in taking care of your own first and foremost.

Also, our family volunteers time at the local food bank. And when the children outgrown something (toys, clothes, shoes) we donate them as well. Also, my belongings as well as husbands, house hold items and food on a regular basis. We can't afford to donate much right now, but we do what we can.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sure those opinions on 3rd world children not being a priority, would change pretty fast if it were YOUR kids living there.
    Sad thing is, is that they are someones kids, there are parents out there who had to look into their childs eyes today, and watch them die in their arms because they didnt even have the necessities of life to give them.
    You should count yourself lucky that by the grace of GOD it is not you and your family scraping for rations.
    With things like Welfare, Foodbanks, Churchs, Soupkitchens, and all the other services provided for "our own", I think its time to start thinking outside our walls, where it REALLY makes a difference.
    We have all gotten so accustom to our RICH life (and I think every Canadian is wealthy, no matter if your on welfare or make $3500000 a year) that it seems we have lost touch with what really counts. The basics of life, which so many are deprived of

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information