User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: SAVE-ON-FOOD - coupons and Deals 2013

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

For the record, the P&G coupons I am stacking are for Pampers prior to their restrictive wording - but despite this, my SOF wouldn't allow stacking prior to October. Now that stacking is allowed on any product, according to SOF, I wanted to find out if people had success stacking these particular coupons because I've heard some SOF/PriceMarts in my area not allowing stacking at all of P&G products (regardless of wording, ie. NO RESTRICTIVE WORDING).

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by MDellen View Post
    Does anyone know if store coupons such as the spend $175 get $25 gift card will work after stacking? The policy says store coupons are enforced through the system, but I'm not sure this would work?
    Where can I get this coupon?

TIA!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Just to play devils advocate...(I don't plan on stacking p&g but not because of any moral issue with the wording but simpy because I don't need anything)... But isn't it the choice of the store to accept the coupons, if they take them knowing they won't be reimbursed perhaps they are ok with that. I'm thinking its like double coupon days that some stores have (none here...grrr). The store takes "double" coupon value but I seriously doubt their intention is to get full value for them, they take the second as a store discount. Sof is very overpriced so perhaps the loss of a coupon reimbursement is ok for them for a similar reason.

All stores have their own policies....I think our only job is to understand them and even if we don't its the store employees jobs to inform us. Using their own policies to get the best deal....more power to you!

Couponing has many more potential issues besides the coupon wording....I mean, really, did the company mean to give you 5 fpc's because you used multiple accounts. Did you print off more then 2 coupons because you have more then one computer. Do you order more then one sample pack? Do you really have two dogs and two cats? Do you only have one icoke account? Did you get many many many chocolate bars or nestea during their promos? Did you buy every product that you have peelies/hang tags for. I'm sure the companies don't intend for smart couponers to get a lot of the deals they do but in general we follow their "rules".

just my two cents...I won't judge what anyone else does...I only have to account to myself.

j
    Last edited by jezz; Wed, May 22nd, 2013 at 08:56 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FROMNEW1 View Post
    Where can I get this coupon?

TIA!
    It was a mail out - I got one and my dad did as well. I'm not sure if it's attached to the Save on More card, or if they were random mailings. In it I also got a coupon for other coupons like Wonderbread, Pampers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jezz View Post
    Just to play devils advocate...(I don't plan on stacking p&g but not because of any moral issue with the wording but simpy because I don't need anything)... But isn't it the choice of the store to accept the coupons, if they take them knowing they won't be reimbursed perhaps they are ok with that. I'm thinking its like double coupon days that some stores have (none here...grrr). The store takes "double" coupon value but I seriously doubt their intention is to get full value for them, they take the second as a store discount. Sof is very overpriced so perhaps the loss of a coupon reimbursement is ok for them for a similar reason.

All stores have their own policies....I think our only job is to understand them and even if we don't its the store employees jobs to inform us. Using their own policies to get the best deal....more power to you!

Couponing has many more potential issues besides the coupon wording....I mean, really, did the company mean to give you 5 fpc's because you used multiple accounts. Did you print off more then 2 coupons because you have more then one computer. Do you order more then one sample pack? Do you really have two dogs and two cats? Do you only have one icoke account? Did you get many many many chocolate bars or nestea during their promos? Did you buy every product that you have peelies/hang tags for. I'm sure the companies don't intend for smart couponers to get a lot of the deals they do but in general we follow their "rules".

just my two cents...I won't judge what anyone else does...I only have to account to myself.

j
    Well said.

I have a friend in the accounting department for Overwaitea food group. He in no way deals or handles reimbursements from coupons, but he suspects that's what SOF is doing - willing to take a loss on some coupons here or there just to get more customers in.

He put it this way - if someone comes in to stack a product, and then happens to pick up a gallon of milk, the store loses money on the coupon (maybe) but also gains money from having sold the milk.

Again, this is just his suspicion. I do know that my store has suffered a great decline in sales. So it will be interesting to see how long the coupon stacking will go for.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (86%)

TY hijinx25, I couldn't find it in my flyer, and wasn't too sure if it was something for different areas like the 15% off first Tuesdays of the month thing.
    hijinx25 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Also FWIW, I think it expires on the 26th or something. I remember getting the flyer and thinking, oh, these coupons are good only for two weeks!

Karma Canuck
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

im not quite sure WHY you are singling out P&G. do you think any other company that puts coupons out wants them stacked? not to be combined with any other offer, one per purchase ect (all of which IS restrictive wording). Manufactures do only reimburse one coupon per item, not just P&G with the "restrictive" wording. if it was ok to use more than one manufacture coupon for one item, dont you think other stores would stack? They all have some form of restrictive wording, and are not meant to be stacked. P&G have just tried to be more clear about it. So hopefully you arent stacking "one per purchase, "not to be combined with any other offer" or any other restrictive wording,,,if you are worried about what the manufacture is intending the coupon to be used for. some would call that "abusing" Not I. but please dont judge...people ARE following the retailers coupon policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    Funny thing is for all of you ABUSING the P&G coupons you will find that SOF will not be reimbursed for them, maybe you guys should contact P&G on this instead of getting false information from SOF and their head office - I have called and have been told they are aware of this and looking into it as their coupons clearing state no stacking!!

Wonder how long it will be before whoever at SOF that is over riding this gets fired!! Can't wait - sorry to seem harsh but you guys should be following P&G's wording and coupon rules rather than SOF IMO

Glad you guys can stack but stacking P&G coupons you are abusing them
    zandermor likes this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Lets just all be happy that we can stack again at SOF

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Name:  mod-hat.png
Views: 545
Size:  5.9 KB
    Can we keep this conversation on general terms and not accuse other SCers of abusing coupons pls
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    401 (100%)

agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Name:  mod-hat.png
Views: 545
Size:  5.9 KB
    Can we keep this conversation on general terms and not accuse other SCers of abusing coupons pls
    guccicouponer likes this.
    ღ ღ Coupons are my Money ღ ღ ღ ღ

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

BC Gal likes this.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

DianneS, BC Gal, MDellen and 1 others like this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check my brag to see the best deals of the week IMO.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/355570-...ag-week-canada
    hopesdreams likes this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I am singling out P&G because SOF is allowing stacking on it. I follow the rules, and yes I can stack at London Drugs and YES the companies that still allow stacking are aware that these items are being stacked. I started a thread in the Winnipeg section with what is and is not stackable at London Drugs as per the manufacturers request. YES I follow the rules of one per purchase and all the other stacking restrictions so I can be able to do so. Not abiding by the manufacturer's rules on the coupons people are running the risk of stacking coming to a end. It is a PRIVELEGDE to do so and people should not be abusing it or ALL companies will put restrictive wording on their coupons and ruin it for all of us. Just because people are following what a company like SOF says doesn't mean that it is right for them to do so when the coupons clearly state NOT TO BE COMBINED with ANY OTHER COUPON

I did not single out ANYONE in particular - I stated the facts of what P&G told me when I phoned and maybe you should do the same before judging me.

Also are you saying that when you stack P&G coupons that clearly state not to be combined with any other coupon you are not abusing the coupon?? or just because the retailer is allowing it is ok?

People are NOT following what the coupon states and what the manufacture states and that is what should MATTER!

I was made to believe that Smart Canucks does not promote the abuse of coupons

Quote Originally Posted by karma33 View Post
    im not quite sure WHY you are singling out P&G. do you think any other company that puts coupons out wants them stacked? not to be combined with any other offer, one per purchase ect (all of which IS restrictive wording). Manufactures do only reimburse one coupon per item, not just P&G with the "restrictive" wording. if it was ok to use more than one manufacture coupon for one item, dont you think other stores would stack? They all have some form of restrictive wording, and are not meant to be stacked. P&G have just tried to be more clear about it. So hopefully you arent stacking "one per purchase, "not to be combined with any other offer" or any other restrictive wording,,,if you are worried about what the manufacture is intending the coupon to be used for. some would call that "abusing" Not I. but please dont judge...people ARE following the retailers coupon policy.
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Sat, May 25th, 2013 at 08:10 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Perhaps you two could discuss this by PM if you have an issue with posts made by each other - lets get this thread back on track with discussion of coupons and deals pls
    karma33 and PammieD like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information