User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I decided to brave the Walmart crowds and go stock up on my Olay Regenerist while it was on sale. Got an excellent deal at $18.97 each. Shoppers price is $34 and Zellers sale price is $22. So I got three Olay products and used my $10 off coupon and then total was $50 so I got to send in for my $20 gift card!! I am so happy.

Then I had a coupon for a FREE Pledge product that I cut from a flyer that comes with the newspaper....smart source or brandsavers....forget. Walmart had bonus packs of two pledge areosols for $4 something. At first the clerk said the coupon says it is only for one can, but I pointed out that the package was a special deal of buy one get one free so she put it through. Two Free! I also had another FREE coupon for the Pledge multiduster kit. The two products make a nice stocking stuffer for someone.

I needed cat food so picked up a bag of IAMS kitten food at the sale price of $8.88 and used my Save.ca $5 off coupon. When I got home I found more coupons inside the bag! $3 off on Swiffer sweeper set, $3 off on IAMS cat food, $1 off two Febreeze products.

I saved a total of $22.44 in coupons.

I also found a lot of ladies tops in the clearance section for $4.00 each! Marked down from $19.95. The George label. Nice!

Now a warning and reminder to everyone! Be sure to watch carefully when they enter the coupon values. My $10 off Olay was entered as .10 cents! The clerk caught it though and added in $9.90. With FPC's they always rescan the item (unless it's Sobey's and they just roll back the tape on the screen for the price). Then they get the price, fill in the coupon and then decuct it again from the bill. My clerk forgot to deduct it. She noticed her mistake though and corrected it. I've had clerk scan things multiple times and I always wonder if they added another one or what? confusing sometimes. So watch and check your receipts! Also watch when stuff is on sale that the sale price comes up. I like to use the in store scanners and check myself and then I also remind the clerk that this or that is 50% off today. Kind of hard to do at places like Sobeys when you have a ton of stuff to put up. I picked up 4 boxes of Ziplock sandwich bags on sale for 99 cents and then got home to see they rang up $2.69 a box!! So be careful!
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay, Save.ca Coupons, Shoppers Drug Mart, Smart Source, Sobeys, Walmart, Zellers
    Last edited by nmaxx; Thu, Dec 11th, 2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: forgot one of my deals!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (95%)

Great thanks

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

nice

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

awesome deals
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Thanks, i always try to watch but always stand there and check bill before i leave in case something is wrong. I eagle eye them when they do the coupons though, because after the 10-20 mns of arguing over them they better be keyed in right.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's quite the savings!

Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Yes, I have been a victim of coupons not entered correctly (three times), so I do watch carefully now as they are entered ESPECIALLY at Wal-Mart because they always stuff them in a slot below the cash register, so I can imagine this would not be easily retrieved.

One time a cashier missed a $3.00 Tylenol coupon but I did not notice until I got home, another time I was buying multiple Cottenelle Wipes and was counting as the cashier rang them through so I asked him to recount the coupons and sure enough they were stuck together, and the other time I was using a BOGO Free Robin Hood Muffins and the cashier just set the coupon aside and totalled the purchase!!! When I asked her to ring through the free coupon she told me she didn't know how to do it so I had to explain to her how to enter it!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavingKarina View Post
    That's quite the savings!
    Made me feel good. I'm just a newbie at this but learning lots of tips here. When you are on a low income every little bit helps. Coupons sure have come a long way since the 10 cents off deals. I wonder if they are collectable, those old coupons? I have one for 30 cents off Duncan hines with no expiry date. I think the cheapest one you can find today is 50 cents. People used to say to me "why do you bother with saving 30 cents? I just throw those things away." Now when I say I saved $22.44 with coupons yesterday, they look at me in awe! LOL!

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Great Post Nmax!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jessandjake2005 View Post
    Yes, I have been a victim of coupons not entered correctly (three times), so I do watch carefully now as they are entered ESPECIALLY at Wal-Mart because they always stuff them in a slot below the cash register, so I can imagine this would not be easily retrieved.

One time a cashier missed a $3.00 Tylenol coupon but I did not notice until I got home, another time I was buying multiple Cottenelle Wipes and was counting as the cashier rang them through so I asked him to recount the coupons and sure enough they were stuck together, and the other time I was using a BOGO Free Robin Hood Muffins and the cashier just set the coupon aside and totalled the purchase!!! When I asked her to ring through the free coupon she told me she didn't know how to do it so I had to explain to her how to enter it!
    Ya at Walmart you really have to be careful. I noticed she slid them in a slotted box thing too. And if you don't get one scanned you can't come back and say "hey I had a $10 off coupon". They wouldn't believe you.
    BOGO Free Robin Hood Muffins _ I have that one! Forgot all about it. Have you made yours yet? Are they any good?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Great deals! I find too that you have to be careful when using alot of coupons and watch the cashier. If found it's better to give the cashier two or three coupons at a time rather than giving them all at once. This way it's easier to make sure they enter the right amounts and all of the coupons are used.

Twice I had coupons that were overlooked by the cashier. One for a free Glade Product and something else.

Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nmaxx View Post
    BOGO Free Robin Hood Muffins _ I have that one! Forgot all about it. Have you made yours yet? Are they any good?
    Yes, I bought the Chocolate Chip ones and they are very good. They didn't last long in my house!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nmaxx View Post
    I decided to brave the Walmart crowds and go stock up on my Olay Regenerist while it was on sale. Got an excellent deal at $18.97 each. Shoppers price is $34 and Zellers sale price is $22. So I got three Olay products and used my $10 off coupon and then total was $50 so I got to send in for my $20 gift card!! I am so happy.
    Good deal. How did the Olay product count as a $20 gift card? Just wondering.

Jenny~Bear
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Good deal. How did the Olay product count as a $20 gift card? Just wondering.
    From Nov.1 to Dec.31 spend $50 before taxes on any Pantene, Olay, CoverGirl, Clairol, Oral-B, Old Spice, Always, Tampax, Ivory and Gillette products and receive a $20 Walmart GC!!

Can be on different receipts.
    Voucher must accompany receipts

http://www.walmartcanada.ca/wps-port...te_Voucher.pdf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information