User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Train Derailment at lac Megantic. QC

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

in case anyone can handle any more of this heart break, the cbc cross country checkup radio program is doing
    a live phone in show now for 2 hours.

http://www.cbc.ca/checkup/

they do do a podcast sometime later or you can listen online anytime too, wondering if i just said the same
    thingy- my terminology is not always right,
    this could have so easily been prevented, what a travesty that it wasn't - and as always it's because of money, crapola.

just heard one person, mention what if even a conductor was on the train and had a heart attack for instance,,, more crapola
    damn money and greedy people
    bluerose likes this.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

It's so very sad - heartbreaking! My prayers go out to all the people affected by this tragedy!
    Natalka likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

There was a train engine that went by yesterday ,I think they might have gone and picked up the rest of the tankers that where in Nantes.It may takes many many months to clean and rebuild even years. Dollaramma was closed for months getting renovated and it had just reopened but I did not get a chance to go ,had my list all ready,going to have to wait now.Attachment 185780

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Memorial service held for Lac Megantic victims

Huge crowds gathered for a memorial service in the Canadian town of Lac Megantic, three weeks after a train disaster killed 47 people.
    Around 1,000 mourners, including family of the victims, filled Saint Agnes church on Saturday. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper was among them.
    Hundreds more gathered outside to watch the service on a big screen.
    A driverless train carrying crude oil derailed and exploded in the centre of Lac Megantic on 6 July.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Lac Megantic rail company MM&A files for bankrupcy protection.

The rail company involved in the train disaster in Lac-Mégantic, Que., last month has filed for bankruptcy protection in both Canada and the United States.
    The Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway filed for protection from its creditors in a U.S. federal court in Maine on Wednesday.
    Simultaneously, legal representatives for the company's Canadian arm, Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Canada Co., appeared in Quebec Superior Court in Montreal, filing for similar protection in Canada.
    The move comes one month and a day after a runaway MM&A train carrying crude oil derailed and then exploded, killing at least 47 people.
    Mounting lawsuits, cleanup costs outweigh assets

Faced with enormous cleanup costs and mounting lawsuits, the company said in a statement Wednesday afternoon that it does not have the means to pay those bills.
    "It has become apparent that the obligations of both companies now exceed the value of their assets, including prospective insurance recoveries, as a direct result of the tragic derailment at Lac-Mégantic, Que., on July 6," MM&A chairman Edward Burkhardt said in the statement.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

CTA: Lac Megantic rail firm sanctioned.

Canada has suspended the operating licence of the rail firm involved in last month's Quebec fuel train disaster, officials say. The Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA) says the company did not have enough third-party liability insurance.
    The CTA's order covers both Montreal, Maine and Atlantic Railway (MMA) and its Canadian subsidiary.
    Forty-seven people were killed in Lac-Megantic after a train carrying crude oil derailed and exploded in the town.
    The licence suspension becomes effective on 20 August.
    The CTA said MMA did not have adequate third-party liability insurance, one of the requirements to operate Canada.
    "This was not a decision made lightly, as it affects the economies of communities along the railway, employees of MMA and MMAC, as well as the shippers who depend on rail services," Geoff Hare, CTA chairman and CEO, said in a statement.
    "It would not be prudent, given the risks associated with rail operations, to permit MMA and MMAC to continue to operate without adequate insurance coverage."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

how they could not have enough insurance is disgusting
    asnine idiots all round, i used to love hearing the train, but at
    least i still have my life
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Its hard going in Lac megantic,people are coping but it will never be the same.Study shows high pollution at Lac-Megantic: one carcinogen 394,444 times above limit.
    http://www.timescolonist.com/news/st...limit-1.585999

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

All 3 MMA rail workers acquitted in Lac Megantic trial

After nine days of deliberations, jurors have acquitted the three former Montreal, Maine and Atlantic (MMA) railway employees charged with criminal negligence causing death in the 2013 Lac-Mégantic rail disaster.
    There was an audible gasp in the courtroom and family members of one of the accused cried when the verdict was delivered early Friday afternoon at the Sherbrooke, Que., courthouse.
    Locomotive engineer Tom Harding, 56, rail traffic controller Richard Labrie, 59, and operations manager Jean Demaître, 53, were all charged after the derailment of a runaway fuel train early on July 6, 2013. Several tankers, carrying highly volatile crude oil exploded, turning downtown Lac-Mégantic into an inferno and killing 47 people.​
    Through tears, Labrie described his relief. He said his thoughts were always with and continue to be with the community of Lac-Mégantic.
    "I would like to say the people of Lac-Mégantic, what they went through, they showed a huge amount of courage," he said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information