User Tag List

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you all about my experience with Zeller.com.

Last Wednesday (Dec 10, 2008) I ordered 8 Olympic Pins from the Zeller.com website. I chose to order online because they were sold out in the stores and, of course, we get cashback for shopping Zellers.com.

The Pins were all $8 less 50% so $4 each, and I ordered 2 of each of 4 styles. (I was lucky enough to get some Olympic tickets for my mom for Christmas and these pins were what I was going to wrap for Christmas).

All of the pins I chose stated "In Stock Available for Next Day Shipping". I also decided to pick them up at my local Zellers in order to get free shipping. (Pick up at Lawson Heights Mall, Saskatoon ,SK).

The e-mail confirmation again stated these items were available for next day shipping, and advised me that I would receive an email when the items had arrived in the store.

Yesterday, Dec 16, I called to get an update, as I still had not received any information regarding the order and I was getting concerned that the items would not arrive and I would have to shop for something else. I was told that there is no way of knowing when they will be shipped, just that they are processing. When I asked if I could cancel the order I was told "not until it is shipped and then you can do a return". (It is important to note that my credit card was charged on Dec 10, and now there was no way of reversing this until the order was shipped.)

Today, Dec 17, I received the email that the item was ready so I headed over there on my lunch break. I was pretty excited!!

First they could not find the order. They told me that just because I got the email that it does not mean they actually had the order (huh? I thought the email did mean they had the order, that is what it said anyways).

They finally found the items, but no paperwork. Apparently the night staff had not filed it properly. I opened up the envelope to see that only 6 of the 8 pins were in there. There was a packing slip that showed 6 pins. I showed the girl my receipt (printed from my online transaction) and she tried to look up the order in their computer. Of course the order was not found (because the night staff had not completed the paperwork). So, she called the online Help Desk. After waiting for over 1/2 hour I finally was advised that they are aware there are 2 pins missing, and that the pins are in stock but have not been shipped. I asked when they would be shipped and was told they do not know, there is no reason they have not been shipped already, the warehouse just has not "got around to them yet". I again asked if I could cancel the order for the two pins and I was told "no, not until they were shipped". At this point I am completely frustrated, but I cannot reason with these ladies. My $8 is tied up until those pins are shipped.

So, to recap:
    • My order was NOT shipped next day as stated in the shopping cart and in the order acknowledgement. The items may be in stock, but the warehouse may not have picked and shipped them.
    • The store could not find my order and advised me that getting the e-mail stating they have the order does not mean they actually do have it.
    • The store may, or may not, have record of the transaction. (I am unsure if they do not have record of it or if that was because the "night staff" did not enter it properly)
    • You are charged immediately and cannot reverse these charges until the item has shipped. You cannot cancel an item that has not shipped.
    Overall I would probably not shop Zellers online again. The confidence in their service is not there. I will be forwarding my complaint to their Head Office, but I imagine there is nothing they will do.
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers
    Last edited by mom2faith; Wed, Dec 17th, 2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added pick up location information
    Join Swagbucks - $75 in gift cards and counting!!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/mom2faith

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow--I have thought about using their online service, but haven't yet. I hope you get that sorted out! Sounds like some pretty intense incompetence to me!
    Diane, tired mommy to Miranda and Maria. Grumpy wife to Michael.

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I forwarded the message (almost exactly) to Zellers. I received the following response:

Thank you for inquiring about your item (s) Two - Quatchi and Miga
    Curling Pin.

We appreciate your continued patience in this matter.

We shall investigate why the status of this item (s) is showing
    'Awaiting Shipment'. We shall contact you within 24-48 business hours.

Again, we regret any inconvenience this has caused.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us again
    by email or by calling 1-866-746-7422.

Thank you for choosing Hbc.

Regards,

Umm...inconvenience? Not quite the word I would have used. Holding money without allowing me to cancel when you have not shipped an order that is in stock - I think that is closer to theft! (OK, I am exaggerating a bit, but I am getting really angry now).

I replied asking a Manager to contact me immediately on my cell phone. I will keep you posted.

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UPDATE:

Here we are almost 1 week after I picked up the incomplete order and this is where are today:

1. No Pins yet.

2. No call yet, even though I was promised one within 48 hours.

3. Called the Online order Help Desk and was told the pins were shipped to the store and the store cannot find them.

4. The Store called to apologize, but they do not have the pins and their records show they were not shipped.

5. The store has no idea where the pins are, the warehouse will not refund because they think I have them, the store cannot refund, because their records show I do not have them.

I have no idea where to go from here...any suggestions? I have filled a complaint with the Competitions Bureau but they say it is not their place. I have not heard back from the BBB yet, but I imagine they will not be able to assist me much.

I will keep you posted.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Keep calling Zellers, or call your credit card and explain the situation then they will call Zellers and ask about the charge that you did not recieve the items.

I think this is completely ridiculous that they are treating you like this.

I've never ordered from them online because a) half the time the site doesn't work and b) when I picture in store pickup I picture my unkempt Zellers running around with their heads off not knowing what instore pickup even means and it being a huge headache.

I highly doubt youll hear much from the BBB, theyll most likely just file it as an unanswered complaint and thats it.

I would keep calling Zellers, and speak to the head manager of the Zellers were you picked up the item. You might have to throw a fit to get a hold of the head manager but they will sort it out and probably give you a giftcard for your trouble.

I have learned over the years to deal with the head manager, a similar thing happened to me with a pick up in store at Sears a few years ago and after having the run around I just talked to the head manager, got my item and a 25$ card.

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the advice Sally.

Well after hours of calls to the store and the HO, I finally talked to someone who could help me.

In the end, the pins are lost. They have no idea where they are and they do not have anymore. It is pretty frustrating because Mom and I get to go to Curling and Speed Skating and I really wanted to get her a pin of each for her Christmas present (as I said, this is how I am telling her), and it is the Curling Pin that is missing.

So I got my refund and 160,000 HBC points. I am OK with that. I would rather just get the darn pins, but what can you do. I hope that I can find them over the next year. I am thinking that because the ticket lottery just ended everyone wanted to do the same as I did. I hope HBC comes out with something similar closer to the games themselves.

Warning to all beware of the organization skills of Zeller.com Like Sally said, imagine how they are at your Zellers, I can only assume it is the same at the head office/warehouse.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Im glad you got something!!

Have you tried looking on ebay for the pins?

I found this one, but its more money but if you really wanted one u could get one

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vancouver-2010-Ol...3286.m20.l1116

There also on the official website

http://www.vancouver2010.com/store/c...topSeller-desc
    Last edited by Sally888; Tue, Dec 23rd, 2008 at 04:58 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (67%)

I think i remembered seeing these still at zellers Well that was a bad experience..

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have to say that I had the same experience here when using the HBC reward Card. In June the end I think I order a Vancover 2010 sweater for Hubby his birthday is in the middle of August. At the end of July I have heard nothing. I called the Bay downtown here in Saskatoon. The girl I talked to said she would look in to it. She did call back to say it was missing and I had to call the HBC reward card to cancel the order. They girl said they have alot of reward things go missing. I called the had to call the store and called totell me in a couple of weeks my points would be back on my card.

When the points are back, I order a fake black leather file holder. This time sending it to home outfitters. I get the call saying it's in please come and pick it up. I drive all the way there to be told they don't have it. The look, the manager look, then the manager said it was more then likley put out on the floor in disocunt items. So she wrote a return up to get my points back.

So I get my points back I order a book light. I get a letter saying they are sold out. But the give me bouns points. I order a 24 cm fogless mirror for hubby and his shaving. It come in, they call, I go over and its a tiny little thing. I mean I can put in my evening purse. They return it, to be told by the evening manager this happens all the time. Most item don't match the site.

Home I go to wait for my points. Points are back on card and I order a wine rack. This is going to be my BIL and SIL large gift. This is middle of Octorber already. It's to be a golden brown color.

Late November I'm phoning and asking where it is they said it can take up to 12 weeks. I was mad I hung up on the girl. A week later early December I get a call Ms. K please come get your wine rack. I go pick it up, I don't open in the store, I open it at home, to find a Dark Expresso color wine rack. I call the store they will not take it back, its been open. I call the HBC reward number again. They said its up to the store and the girl ask if I was ever happy with they items, I say no, and she said she could tell and hung up on me. So I was stuck with the wrong wine rake a couple of weeks before the hoildays. Thank goodness I had back up gifts.

The wine rack is now a bed side table for the Husband's grandma, she stores her wool and knitting things in it. But I'm not using my point any more, I'm so mad still.

Looks like the Bay family of stores needs a better system.
    End of Rant.
    <sorry to="" rant=""></sorry>

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes I'm Cheap - here is a solution for you - get those points autimatically converted to Air Miles. Every Friday mine are converted to AM at a rate of 1AM/2000HBC points. Not that great, but OK.
    We will never use the HBC points, but we sure like our Air Miles

Oh, and just wanted to let you know that 3 months after the original order, the store called and said they found the pins. I had to pay for them (as I had already gottena refund), but at least I got my pins!! It was only a little delayed - LOL!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I now just wait til I have enough for a gift card, then use points for that.

Thread Information