User Tag List

Page 51 of 193 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I agree. I had waist longhair for years. I got tired of all the work involved with it. I cut it short and LOVE IT!!!
    It looks much better kept I think. My hair was thick, wavy, and tangled very easily. I would leave the house with nice looking hair and come back home to a tangled mess all the time. Everyone loved my hair though and used to threaten me when I would mention getting it cut LOL! My friends freaked when they found out I actually let a salon cut it all off for a shoot. The job paid very well and it was time for a change even though I was worried at first that it might not work for me!!
    wolfwoman likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

For some reason, I have fallen into the routine of sleeping daily at 5am and waking up the next day at 3-4pm. I don't know what to do to fix this, sigh. I was thinking of staying up all night and all day and sleeping early the following night but I'm not sure if this will fix my problem or make it even worse LOL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My windshield has a BIG crack across the entire window. Have to have it replaced on Monday. There goes my Christmas money. Boo.
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I`m frigid, wore a scarf to bed. Its -32 outside with the windchill. I`m pretty assert there is a draft coming in but can`t find where. Place is still cold... made tea, opened the oven to let heat in LOL I feel so ludicrous and not first world.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

It's Jan. 3 and there have been no freebies yet this year. What is up with that????? LOL!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

They give 7 years olds $500 tablets? And they let them bring it to class?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    When DS is back to school and all those other six and seven year olds bring their new iPads, tablets, etc. to class with them saying that Santa brought them, I'll be explaining later that it wasn't actually Santa that got them but their parents. Unless there's a better explanation for why Santa brings expensive electronics for some kids and not others?
    Candini and wolfwoman like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I went to Target a while back trying to find an iPhone case. There was a Hello Kitty one and it said for ages 5+.
    I was like what 5 year old has an iPhone!?
    GoJays and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Why is our society obsessed with food?

Let's go out for brunch/lunch/dinner!

I have been eating at either buffets or potlucks for a month (and I don't even fill my plates much)! How to tell people I will meet them, but I don't want to see food for a long time
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Not sure about bringing them to class, but elementary school kids absolutely receive expensive electronics for Christmas. This started for us when DS was four or so, kids at daycare were getting Blackberry Playbooks, iPods, Nintendo DS, etc. The 'toys' just seem to get bigger and more expensive each year. I'm thinking by age 12 they'll have a car. I know six year olds this year who got Kindle Fires, iPad Minis, laptops for Christmas.
    Last edited by Zonny; Fri, Jan 3rd, 2014 at 02:08 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

WTH?

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I went to Target a while back trying to find an iPhone case. There was a Hello Kitty one and it said for ages 5+.
    I was like what 5 year old has an iPhone!?
    @Zonny If I were spending $500 on a gift for a child, I'd definitely not be giving Santa the credit for that.
    GoJays likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Not sure about bringing them to class, but elementary school kids absolutely receive expensive electronics for Christmas. This started for us when DS was four or so, kids at daycare were getting Blackberry Playbooks, iPods, etc. The 'toys' just seem to get bigger and more expensive each year. I'm thinking by age 12 they'll have a car. I know six year olds this year who got Kindle Fires, iPad Minis, laptops for Christmas.
    I'll bet you that they also have xBoxOne, PS4, WiiU, etc. Kindles are actually useful because it's not a brainless toy.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

And every year, you have to figure out how to outdo the year before.
    Zonny, GoJays and wolfwoman like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

WTH?

@Zonny If I were spending $500 on a gift for a child, I'd definitely not be giving Santa the credit for that.
    There will come a day that DS will need expensive gifts - like maybe he's going off to university and needs a laptop, etc. As a seven year old, at least in our family he does not require anything that costs several hundred dollars. Even $100 is something I balk at, but that's just me, other folks may have different opinions of course.

I did get a new phone in October, my old one was three years old and not working great as a phone, but works fine for a few games. DS is extremely happy to have that to play games on (but just at home where we can connect to our wifi, he definitely doesn't take it to school or camp, etc.).
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I'll bet you that they also have xBoxOne, PS4, WiiU, etc. Kindles are actually useful because it's not a brainless toy.
    I wouldn't have a problem with a regular Kindle for him, but he's not reading enough yet to make use of it (DH and I each have one). I think the Kindle Fire is more like a tablet?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh yes, I do not understand people who buy their children hundred dollar electronics. I couldn't even keep track of my house key when I was younger, nevermind an expensive electronic. What kid needs a tablet/iphone/other electronic. No wonder we have kids now who can't make it through a half hour tv show because their attention spans are so short. These are the new babysitters.

Page 51 of 193 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread Information