Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Eeyah
  • 1 Post By barf
  • 1 Post By kmontgom

Thread: Samsung Dishwasher DMR57LFS

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

In May of 2009, DH and I moved into our new house. We had selected Samsung for all of our appliances, we liked all the features they have (dude you can steam clean your oven with a cup of water!!!)
    ANYWAY Fast forward 15 months (end of July '10), I typically set the DW to run while I am at work, and I get home and see SE flashing on the display. A little research and a phone call to Samsung (BWT there call center is USELESS!!!) and the error code means - a pinched line. UMMMMM?????? The DW has worked for over a year, how does a line suddenly, magically, become pinched - It must be those darn house elves!
    Because it was the summer getting it fixed wasn't at the top of our list (vacation trumps broken DW, Right?! ) So a few weeks ago, we (read: I - DH is an electrician NOT a plumber, I had my Dad walk me through this on the phone) yanked out all the plumbing making sure there were no clogs, there were none. DH and I then yank the DW, detached all the lines, there was no sign of a pinched line, or any kinks. We even carefully snaked wire through the line, in case there was a clog. After re-attaching everything, and even flipping the fuse, the DW would still only run for 20 min (regular cycle is approx. 2 hours).
    I called Samsung again asking if it could be anything else, all the stupid girl would say is exactly what is written in the manual (pinched line). They gave me the number for a "certified samsung tech" and when I called the company today, the gentleman that answered the phone sounded a MILLION years old, and seemed clueless. He's supposed to come tomorrow, but DH thinks we should cancel him, and see if we can't find someone a little....younger?! LOL
    There's my rant about my rather expensive PAPERWEIGHT!
    Thanks for reading!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that sucks, hope everything works out for you okay.

My parents recently bought a Samsung Dish washer, used it once on the first day to see if it worked and it was never touched again

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have same dishwasher and got the 5E code as well. Pulled out DW and inspected the hose for anything blocking. Put the drain hose in the sink so I could see if it drained or not.

Did a rinse cycle and everything was fine. With the amount of water coming through the drain hose, there couldn't possible be a drain problem.

Next day loaded up with dishes and did a normal wash. Ge the same 5E code with 52 minutes remaining even though I saw it drain twice in the normal cycle. WTF?

DW only had 1 month left under warranty so after calling Samsung, they sent out a guy to do a house-call. Turns out he found a blueberry blocking the drain exit. Not in the drain hose, but somewhere inside the machine. She said the repair gut even showed her the blueberry blocking the drain. At least this explains why it would work sometimes.

I wasn't there, but wife said she saw him remove the plate on the bottom inside the machine to get at the blueberry. She if there was a problem again, I could probably just take out the plate inside without having to remove the dishwasher.

It's been running fine ever since.

Yeah, it's a drain error, but not necessarily because of kinked or blocked hose. Remove the circular plate at the bottom and check for anything there.

Hope this helps you out.

Not a bad machine after-all, but blocked by a blueberry, would you believe that.

At least I am relieved as we upgraded all our appliances to Samsung. 4 in the kitchen as well as a washer/dryer set.
    Last edited by barf; Wed, Oct 6th, 2010 at 08:49 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hubby has a task now this weekend! THANK YOU!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No problem. Hope it's the same easy fix for your machine. Let us know your outcome.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Gah. I'm beginning to believe in timed obsolescence when it comes to electronics and appliances. SO many cycles and kaboom, they self destruct like those letters on Inspector Gadget. LOL.

Our dishwasher died this summer. Worked fine, then wham. Completely went nuts and started tripping the ground fault all the time. No rhyme, no reason.

Everything else works just fine plugged in to that same outlet. In our case, we wonder if it wasn't a brown out that caused the issue. Apparently electronics are super sensitive to fluctuations in power...and unfortunately, the hydro companies make no guarantees about that. So now I wash dishes by hand. It sucks.

Hope you get the issue resolved.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

dealseeker/contest addict Deal_Princess's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sucks dunno about samsung. our Maytag dishwasher is 24 years old and never had any errors its just really loud(one day we will get a new one) but then again its not digital so cant really relate to this error. Looks like someone solved the problem for you. Food does collect in the drain and u should always clean it out at least once a year. (like any drain sink,bathtub etc)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

SCORE!!!! We have a functioning dishwasher again!!! We found a little black cap (from a coffee cup) in the drain. Once you remove all 50 screws from the bottom, on the right hand side is a sloped drain and that is where hubby found the culprit! I've got a load just finishing as I type this (currently on the dry cycle, so I know it works! )
    Thank you SOOOOO much Barf, for the advice - it was an easy fix once we knew where to begin, AND it saved us over $200 for a 20 minute repair! THANK YOU AGAIN!
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Eeyah that's great! Glad to have been of some help!
    ROMEO likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We bought a Samsung Fridge and Stove and they had a deal to get $400 of their dishwasher. It is nice and quiet but does not actually wash the dishes. We have to rewash at least 1/3 every wash. I would not buy a Samsung dishwasher ever again (fridge and stove are both great).
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I was thinking of buying the 4 package deal but i may have to think that plan over
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Thread Information