User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: SDM : Shop Lifting

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I was at my local SDM last night.

I over heard the cashiers & the manger talking amongst themselves , yesterday afternoon someone stole 38 bottles of VICHY cream , worth a grand total of $ 2,000 from their store.

They were pretty upset about it. I felt sorry for them as the people & the owner ( also the pharmacist ) of that store are pretty nice & hardworking.

Not sure if the individual owner takes a hit or SDM head ofiice or some insurance reimburses him.

It must be a regular occurence at most of these stores & eventually we end up paying for others shop lifting through higher prices
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    greeny and Linda Evans like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

smh!

how do you walk out of the store with all that product?!?

hope karma kicks that person in the ass and that your friendly sdm has an extremely profitable rest of the year that'll minimize the impact of this theft
    lp11 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ugghh, that is why some of the SDMs are hiring security over xmas. hard to believe someone was able to get all that out. yep, we all pay for theft as retailers have to up their prices due to this.
    Linda Evans likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

How the heck would that happen? Maybe someone with access to the stock room (employee? delivery service? vendor?). I don't think they'd put 38 bottles of expensive cream on the shelf at once. And how would they walk out unnoticed with all that stuff?

Sad.
    Bubbelinchen and wolfwoman like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't see how anyone would be able to steal that much, unless there was a group of people involved in the theft. All I know is, the minute I walk into the expensive make-up area or perfume area or where they keep the more expensive products, I always have one of their staff approach me and ask me if I need help. I have purchased a bottle of pricey perfume from there before. The staff member held it in her hand and asked me if there was anything else I needed. I said I wanted to shop around...she said she would hold onto the perfume until I'm done shopping. This happened to be before as well when I purchased a bottle of Clinique foundation. The lady held it in her hand and took me to the cash register. This also happened when I purchased one eye liner. She held it in her hand and directed me to the cash register. I was only handed it AFTER I paid for it. LOL I hope this is normal protocol or do I just get this "special" attention ?
    leopakes, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    How the heck would that happen? Maybe someone with access to the stock room (employee? delivery service? vendor?). I don't think they'd put 38 bottles of expensive cream on the shelf at once. And how would they walk out unnoticed with all that stuff?

Sad.
    It was probably 5-6 bottles of each type of scent etc..not sure.

Maybe Same cream but different UPC's.

One will say Vitamin E on it , one will say Shea butter on it , Aloe vera etc on it..pretty much the same thing I guess.

they were going to check the cameras etc, but too late..cops won't really do anything.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

just think of it this way ... she is serving you, a V.I.P.

a beautiful V.I.P. such as yourself should never be burdened by her packages whilst shopping!

(that's what i'd expect from a boutique, anyway lol)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    I don't see how anyone would be able to steal that much, unless there was a group of people involved in the theft. All I know is, the minute I walk into the expensive make-up area or perfume area or where they keep the more expensive products, I always have one of their staff approach me and ask me if I need help. I have purchased a bottle of pricey perfume from there before. The staff member held it in her hand and asked me if there was anything else I needed. I said I wanted to shop around...she said she would hold onto the perfume until I'm done shopping. This happened to be before as well when I purchased a bottle of Clinique foundation. The lady held it in her hand and took me to the cash register. This also happened when I purchased one eye liner. She held it in her hand and directed me to the cash register. I was only handed it AFTER I paid for it. LOL I hope this is normal protocol or do I just get this "special" attention ?
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Thu, Nov 6th, 2014 at 11:01 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:29 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Uh. you're not a Vichy customer, are you? These are not big bottles of vaseline but $50 for 50 ml pots of miracle in a jar.

Sounds like an inside job.
    I was just giving an example of how there can different UPC's for the same product...to explain why they had so many of the same product on the shelf.

Wasn't talking about Vichy in that case, but just in general...

So probably there are 4-5 types of 50 ml Vichy jars like Thermal Dynamic Hydration , LiftActiv , Neovadiol etc etc on it.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:29 AM.
    Natalka, Ciel, Candini and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

They would not put multiple UPCs of $50 creams out on the shelf. That stuff is locked in the cabinets and the bottles on display are testers or empty
    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    It was probably 5-6 bottles of each type of scent etc..not sure.

Maybe Same cream but different UPC's.

One will say Vitamin E on it , one will say Shea butter on it , Aloe vera etc on it..pretty much the same thing I guess.

they were going to check the cameras etc, but too late..cops won't really do anything.
    @greeny don't be offended. They've always done this with me at the cosmetics counter too. I think it's just procedure for everyone. Makes sense to not have people walk around with $100+ perfumes
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Nov 6th, 2014 at 01:10 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, greeny and 2 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    They would not put multiple UPCs of $50 creams out on the shelf. That stuff is locked in the cabinets and the bottles on display are testers or empty
    @greeny don't be offended. They've always done this with me at the cosmetics counter too. I think it's just procedure for everyone. Makes sense to not have people walk around with $100+ perfumes
    I just know they are quick to come up to you and ask you if you need anything and will carry it up to the register for you (at least that's my experience). That's why I don't understand how anyone would be able to get away with stealing anything from there...unless perhaps it's a really busy day and not enough staff to offer assistance? I don't know but it's baffling that someone could steal that many bottles of Vichy and not get caught.
    Last edited by greeny; Thu, Nov 6th, 2014 at 01:30 PM.
    Ciel, Candini and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

How is that possible? Each bottle has the security chips sticked on the bottle, plus camera everywhere especially at the cosmetic area...sounds like an inside job to me.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hw is that possible? 38 bottles? That person must have had a pretty big bag to carry that many bottles and if he/she has that big bag it's easier to catch it on camera. Why didnt the staff on the back rooms/in front of security cameras didnt do anything? And i guess it takes at least full one minute to dump 38 bottles in a bag, and it takes even longer if they were stealing it/ putting in their bag nicely. How is it that no one approached them?

and i have never seen my 2 local sdm stores have that many bottles on their shelves. I think they have almost 6,7 maximum of one type on their shelves....!

this sounds like an inside job!
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hopefully they can catch them on the cameras!!
    Ciel likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information