User Tag List

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Like Tree878Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum FAQ and Q&A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stealadeal View Post
    I have a coupon that if I spend $75 I will get 18,500 points. Can I use dollar off coupons (2001) to bring my total down so I am not really spending $75 out of pocket? I know I can do this at 20X points but I am wondering if this coupon I have to actually spend $75 out of pocket. Any help I would appreciate it as I have to use the coupon today.
    I had a coupon 15x when you spend 40$ on almost anything so bought dove body wash 3-2$ coupon snatched some Garnier body for 1$ from 10$ and total without tax after coupons was 40.80 so cashier said ok you just made it so you will get your points so I asked if it's entered as code 2001 as she did... Shouldn't that be count towards amount for points but she said no it has to be after coupons... Is that just my cashier or its a policy?

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I have a question. I need just over 5000 points for the next level. Any suggestions to get there cheap? I'm unemployed right now. Thank you for any help.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xssavings View Post
    I have a question. I need just over 5000 points for the next level. Any suggestions to get there cheap? I'm unemployed right now. Thank you for any help.
    Cheapest way is probably through email coupons.
    If you need a flu shot, they give out coupons if you get it at Shoppers - http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/394126-...oupons-canada/ (remember these coupons would only apply to one product/combo)
    There are product offers for BP that you can find here (make sure you click on the picture for more details, as some require you to print a coupon) - http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Optimum/Offers.aspx

There are also VIB coupons, which can be used on things like CoverGirl and Quo (I can often find a couple of their products on cheap - if you have a nice Shoppers, you could combine the Johnson&Johnson BP coupon from the offers link above, with a Johsnon&Johson and Aveeno VIB coupon from this link for a quick 3000 points) - http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/386513-...6-14-a-canada/
    xssavings likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Would this work? I got a mail out coupon for 15000 points when I spend 75 or more on beauty/fragrances. If I go on Saturday for 20x the points and spend 75 on beauty/frangrances will I get the 15000 points bonus points and the 20x the points? There's nothing on the coupon saying the points will be added at a later date.
    Also what's all considered beauty? Make up/Skin care/hair dye/hair products?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Would this work? I got a mail out coupon for 15000 points when I spend 75 or more on beauty/fragrances. If I go on Saturday for 20x the points and spend 75 on beauty/frangrances will I get the 15000 points bonus points and the 20x the points? There's nothing on the coupon saying the points will be added at a later date.
    I think it would work (As long as the points are awarded right away) - you may have issues getting the cashier to accept it.
    As far as what's considered - ask the CSR at the beauty counter. They usually aren't busy, and are more than willing to try different things out to see if it works.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by puska View Post
    I had a coupon 15x when you spend 40$ on almost anything so bought dove body wash 3-2$ coupon snatched some Garnier body for 1$ from 10$ and total without tax after coupons was 40.80 so cashier said ok you just made it so you will get your points so I asked if it's entered as code 2001 as she did... Shouldn't that be count towards amount for points but she said no it has to be after coupons... Is that just my cashier or its a policy?
    Their own policy states you can use coupons with bonus points (you can get it from their facebook page)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    The beauty ones are usually cosmetics & fragrance for the mail out coupons and include hair dye etc when it is in-store
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks a lot will print that policy out and have it on me next time when I go shopping

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

On 18,500 pts event days, are the points awarded right away like 20x events

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meeeks85 View Post
    On 18,500 pts event days, are the points awarded right away like 20x events
    Yes, as long it is an in store promo (meaning you don't need a coupon for it).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am new to maximizing my points and have a few questions
    I tried to use $20 off oralb coupon on the kids pro health on sale for 24.99 and was refused saying "it is only for the expensive ones" even after insisting it does not say vitality on it...am I right it is up to each store whether to accept the coupon or not? Is this worth trying at another location?

For the electronics sale, is there a way of knowing which stores will have the best selections? Would it be correct to assume the larger ones with the Home health centers be the ones....

Thanks everyone, I have been studying these threads for about a few weeks and have learned so much

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DAPPOLON View Post
    I am new to maximizing my points and have a few questions
    I tried to use $20 off oralb coupon on the kids pro health on sale for 24.99 and was refused saying "it is only for the expensive ones" even after insisting it does not say vitality on it...am I right it is up to each store whether to accept the coupon or not? Is this worth trying at another location?

For the electronics sale, is there a way of knowing which stores will have the best selections? Would it be correct to assume the larger ones with the Home health centers be the ones....

Thanks everyone, I have been studying these threads for about a few weeks and have learned so much
    I don't have the coupon, so I can't comment on the wording - but going by what others have said, it sounds like it is applicable to the kids pro health. I would try it at another location - in theory it should be accepted anywhere, but any location has the right to refuse a coupon (even if their reasoning is wrong).

As far as electronics go - you can usually tell just going into a store and looking around what the size of their electronics department is like. If you are looking for a particular item, I'd start calling the stores on Friday to see if they have it in stock. When I tried to get a TV during boxing day last year, it didn't matter the size of the electronics department - not 1 store in 5 (within a 50km radius) had received any to sell. I'm hoping to get the wine cooler for my DSIL's present, so I'll be calling my local stores Friday night to see if they actually have any.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I don't have the coupon, so I can't comment on the wording - but going by what others have said, it sounds like it is applicable to the kids pro health. I would try it at another location - in theory it should be accepted anywhere, but any location has the right to refuse a coupon (even if their reasoning is wrong).

As far as electronics go - you can usually tell just going into a store and looking around what the size of their electronics department is like. If you are looking for a particular item, I'd start calling the stores on Friday to see if they have it in stock. When I tried to get a TV during boxing day last year, it didn't matter the size of the electronics department - not 1 store in 5 (within a 50km radius) had received any to sell. I'm hoping to get the wine cooler for my DSIL's present, so I'll be calling my local stores Friday night to see if they actually have any.

Many thanks. I will try again and make some calls on Friday.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

deleted - duplicate post !
    Last edited by kellyanna_99; Thu, Nov 20th, 2014 at 07:26 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Question: Is there any rule like one account per household?

I imagine it's one account per person but wanted to check if there would be any issues if I signed up using the same household address as someone who already has an account.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Corizzle View Post
    Question: Is there any rule like one account per household?

I imagine it's one account per person but wanted to check if there would be any issues if I signed up using the same household address as someone who already has an account.
    One per person
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information