User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree639Likes

Thread: Contest Over

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

bah! what fun (grumble grumble) i just got an email saying a case of hand, foot, and mouth disease my kidlet's classroom... and here i was thinking that colds and lice were the only things i had to be constantly paranoid about... now i have to fear hand,foot, mouth disease too?!?!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

went to one of those Christmas warehouse places that sells things you " never knew you needed " , managed to find plenty of small things for DD stocking, but those darn GUYS!! They are always the toughest to buy for. I picked up small edibles for all the stockings ( chocolate, fudge, nuts ) but it was a bust otherwise. Only great find was 2 glass jar scented candles that came packaged 2 in each box on a back table marked down to .50 each, so I grabbed all 5 boxes.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    went to one of those Christmas warehouse places that sells things you " never knew you needed " , managed to find plenty of small things for DD stocking, but those darn GUYS!! They are always the toughest to buy for. I picked up small edibles for all the stockings ( chocolate, fudge, nuts ) but it was a bust otherwise. Only great find was 2 glass jar scented candles that came packaged 2 in each box on a back table marked down to .50 each, so I grabbed all 5 boxes.
    ohh i know the feeling in past years i've opened a bag of socks and wrapped up the pairs of socks.. this year when target tools and car stuff went on clearance i bought a mix of random stuff for the "man christmas" gifts so he's getting rags, and car cleaners, and engine cleaners, and the small blades for his saw and small drill bits (you know the ones that always break and you end up having to replace) little LED flashlights...

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    ohh i know the feeling in past years i've opened a bag of socks and wrapped up the pairs of socks.. this year when target tools and car stuff went on clearance i bought a mix of random stuff for the "man christmas" gifts so he's getting rags, and car cleaners, and engine cleaners, and the small blades for his saw and small drill bits (you know the ones that always break and you end up having to replace) little LED flashlights...
    So frustrating that neither of my sons drive or are sports fans at all, so I cannot even go that route for knick knack gifts. There just has to be something out there!! I'll know it when I see it.....hopefully before the 25th.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

So frustrating that neither of my sons drive or are sports fans at all, so I cannot even go that route for knick knack gifts. There just has to be something out there!! I'll know it when I see it.....hopefully before the 25th.
    yup similar hubby drives but he isn't a sports fan, he isn't a frivolous person very practical (which in some aspects is great he isn't a money waster and he doesn't have a crapload of extended costly hobbies) i can't even buy him the basics like a new razor or bodywash because those are staples we keep in the house lol heck last year i bought him a pot of gold box of chocolates and it took him nearly 3 months to get through it! most years i buy him a new sweater (full zip no hood some years this is very tricky!) and clothing staples (upgrade some of his shirts..) so when i came across the target man clearance i was thrilled christmas gifts that are not made of fabric this year!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

This year I got the following for DH's stocking:

-Beer bottle opener that screws into wall (for his bar - Chapters has them)
    -Shaving stuff (he uses the bowl and brush style with a straight razor)
    -Lotto Scratch tickets
    -Tim's Card
    -Flavoured K-Cups
    -Men's lip balm
    -4 pack gum
    -paperback novel
    -pistachios
    -insoles (for his work boots)
    -rechargeable batteries

I'm hoping to find a movie to add to it and Rum butter life savers (can't seem to find them).

Hope that helps give you ideas WOB. Good luck! Girls are always easier to do!
    walkonby likes this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I'm lucky in one way, DBF is a huge sports fan so I got him lighters, towels, a coffee mug, and a steering wheel cover with the Toronto maple leafs on them.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks lola, yes DH has also gotten many of the things you have listed in years past, I call it the " same 'ole, same 'ole " batch of stuff, a couple of weeks ago I thought of getting him that goal light thing.....

but, my goodness trying to order one was a PITA and you have to hook it up to the internet and stuff to make it work. In the end just too costly for how little it would go off during the Leaf games ( ha ha ha , did you catch that dig? ) , so I nixed that idea quick. Last year I really splurged and got him a Lupal jersey! ( he looked so good in it )

Midnightly, speaking of crafts and hobbies, in a way count it as a blessing that your DH does NOT have expensive hobbies....both DH and I have had things keeping our hands busy over the years and looking around in the storage areas I figured I'd better not add to any of our supplies this year.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

yay one more christmas gift done!! now lets hope walmart website doesn't goof and cancel the order (always a fear of mine on something thats a special few days only sale)

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I've never seen that light before! Very cool present!

Both my BIL and my moms husband are hockey fans so it makes their gifts easy every year. I'll have to keep that light thing in mind though!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Midnightly, speaking of crafts and hobbies, in a way count it as a blessing that your DH does NOT have expensive hobbies....both DH and I have had things keeping our hands busy over the years and looking around in the storage areas I figured I'd better not add to any of our supplies this year.

the catch 22 of it is.. my hubby has cheap hobbies that become expensive he has an obsession with what i like to call the $200 car.. where he buys the car for parts to help build a different car project.. and before i know it he has 4 cars in pieces and taking up all the empty parking spots are our building (thank goodness he's building manager lol) and i'll admit it drives me batty a few weeks ago boarder customs called to clarify what was being imported(the use of said items) a bunch of large batteries.. because apparently if they are used in one way it's cheaper then if they are being used for a different project.. and he asked me "does you husband have an electric car?" and all i could respond was "well, i really don't know he's building something but i just don't ask" and the guy on the phone laughed

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Just came back from Walmart. Didn't get all the deals I was hoping to get but got:

4 tubes of Crest Complete
    6 loaves of Dempsters Bread (with $0.50 Canada Bread Coupon on each - for trade PM me)
    3 loaves of Villagio Bread

all without paying a cent!
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Oh, that goal light thing is cool! But I agree, it wouldn't go off much for the leafs

I got a bunch of craft stuff at the dollar store today, time to get the kids away from their video games for awhile. Sometimes I think they can't function without a DS/ipod in front of their faces
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

CouponingQueen, nice deals!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Wow reading all the Christmas presents posts made me sad. we do celebrate Christmas but we are just not that thoughtful. Can't remember the last time I got a present

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information