User Tag List

Page 1176 of 1767 FirstFirst ... 176 676 1076 1126 1166 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1186 1226 1276 1676 ... LastLast
Results 17,626 to 17,640 of 26491
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Vinyl 95.3

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kittenpurfectt View Post
    Jetman you are going to win on Friday with all the entries you have in!!!
    Good morning, hope everyone is going well.
    Yes, I have qualified 3 times...
    Qaulified the first day, the contest started,
    Once yesterday morning with Bob and Corrie, then later on with John Novak in the afternoon..yes, I got through 2 times on the phone yesterday..

I hope to win, like Kittenpurfectt did...
    I wish everyone lots of luck and keep on trying.

Take good care friends.
    <!-- GAL -->

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by JETMAN View Post
    Good morning, hope everyone is going well.
    Yes, I have qualified 3 times...
    Qaulified the first day, the contest started,
    Once yesterday morning with Bob and Corrie, then later on with John Novak in the afternoon..yes, I got through 2 times on the phone yesterday..

I hope to win, like Kittenpurfectt did...
    I wish everyone lots of luck and keep on trying.

Take good care friends.
    way to go JETMAN!! I too have qualified, 7 times. All through email. Good luck

GO LEAFS GO!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by LostOZ; Wed, Mar 9th, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  Good morning 29.gif
Views: 173
Size:  123.1 KB

Thanks to Cass and twofeathers for all the trivia and codes while the rest of us slept!!!
    Val
    "Smiles are contagious - be a carrier!!"
    Have a GREAT day!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    For those of you who couldn't access the link, this is from the CRA website:
    Tax Alert

The Canada Revenue Agency warns Canadians of mail scam

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is warning taxpayers to beware of a recent scam where some Canadians are receiving a letter fraudulently identified as coming from the CRA and asking for personal information. The letter is not from the CRA. A PDF version of the letter is available on the CRA Web site at www.cra.gc.ca/alert.
    The letter claims that there is “insufficient information” for the individual’s tax return and that in order to receive any “claims,” they will have to update their records. The letter attaches a form specifically requesting the individual’s personal information in writing, via fax or email, including information on bank accounts and passports. This letter is not from the CRA and Canadians should not provide their personal information to the sender.
    All taxpayers should be vigilant when divulging any confidential information to third parties. The CRA has well established practices to protect the confidentiality of taxpayers’ information.
    The CRA has notified the proper law enforcement authorities of this scam.
    For information about this and other similar scams, or to report deceptive telemarketing activity, visit www.phonebusters.com, send an email to [email protected], or call 1-888-495-8501.
    This document is also available for download in PDF format.
    To get notification by email when news releases, fact sheets, tax tips, and tax alerts are added to our Web site, subscribe to our electronic mailing list. You can also subscribe to the Media room RSS feed.
    For media information
    Thanks so much Char!!!
    Val
    Have a GREAT day!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sleuth Trivia: FANFARONADE

fanfaronade \fan-fair-uh-NAYD; -NOD\, noun:
    1. Swaggering; empty boasting; blustering manner or behavior; ostentatious display.
    2. Fanfare.
    George Manahan made his debut this week as music director of New York City Opera, and it is difficult to imagine someone laying claim to a major podium with less of a fanfaronade.

-- Justin Davidson, "A Director's Toil Pays Some Dividends", Newsday, September 21, 1996

But like a demure singer in a long gown who is surrounded by chorus girls in sequined miniskirts, the statue may seem slightly lost amid the fanfaronade.

-- Richard Stengel, "Rockets will glare and bands blare to celebrate the statue", Time, July 7, 1986
    Fanfaronade derives from Spanish fanfarronada, from fanfarrón, "braggart," from Arabic farfar, "garrulous."
    Last edited by edwards1411; Wed, Mar 9th, 2011 at 09:36 AM.
    Val
    Have a GREAT day!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by LostOZ; Wed, Mar 9th, 2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Yes I Do, I Just Wont Say Cus I'M A IDOIT TO SOME ONE :( MY BAD........

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Babygirl1 View Post
    Did you hear about the man in the flood

He was trapped on his roof the water lapping at the edge. He said a prayer to God "Please god I have be good all my life save me"

Along cam a man on a huge trator yelled out to the man "jump on I will take you to safety"
    The man replied "No thank you I believe in God he will help me"

As the water rose to his waist he again prayed "God I have be a good man all my life and gone to church every week please save me"

Along came a man in a boat he yelled "Jump in I will take you to safety"
    The man yelled back "No thank you I believe in God he will help me"

Now the water was at the mans chin aagin he prayed "God please I have been a good man and I have served you all my life save me"

Then along came a helicopter they lowered a rope and yelled down "grab on we will take you to safety"
    But again the man yelled back "No thank you God will save me"

A short time later the water rose and the man drowned. He went to heaven. He saw God and said "God I have always been good, why did you let me drown"

God look at the man and said "I sent you a man with a trator, I then sent a man with a boat and last I sent you a man in a helicopter. What more did you want.!!!"

-------- FANFARONADE .....NOT !!!
    Last edited by Babygirl1; Wed, Mar 9th, 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by edwards1411 View Post
    Sleuth Trivia: FANFARONADE

fanfaronade \fan-fair-uh-NAYD; -NOD\, noun:
    1. Swaggering; empty boasting; blustering manner or behavior; ostentatious display.
    2. Fanfare.
    George Manahan made his debut this week as music director of New York City Opera, and it is difficult to imagine someone laying claim to a major podium with less of a fanfaronade.

-- Justin Davidson, "A Director's Toil Pays Some Dividends", Newsday, September 21, 1996

But like a demure singer in a long gown who is surrounded by chorus girls in sequined miniskirts, the statue may seem slightly lost amid the fanfaronade.

-- Richard Stengel, "Rockets will glare and bands blare to celebrate the statue", Time, July 7, 1986
    Fanfaronade derives from Spanish fanfarronada, from fanfarrón, "braggart," from Arabic farfar, "garrulous."
    Sorry loged in on wrong PG, Never Saw yours.. & I Hate that LITTLE GUY.. HE'S A BUGGER TO FIND & DRIVES ME NUCKING FUTS HAVE A GREAT DAY

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Babygirl1 View Post
    What! No E-mail?

An unemployed man goes to apply for a job with Microsoft as a janitor. The manager there arranges for him to take an aptitude test (Section: Floors, sweeping and cleaning).
    After the test, the manager says, "You will be employed at minimum wage, $5.25 an hour. Let me have your e-mail address, so that I can send you a form to complete and tell you where to report for work on your first day. Taken aback, the man protests that he has neither a computer nor an e-mail address. To this the MS manager replies, "Well, then, that means that you virtually don't exist and can therefore hardly expect to be employed."
    Stunned, the man leaves. Not knowing where to turn and having only $10 in his wallet, he decides to buy a 25 lb. flat of tomatoes at the supermarket. Within less than 2 hours, he sells all the tomatoes individually at 100% profit.
    Repeating the process several times more that day, he ends up with almost $100 before going to sleep that night.
    And thus it dawns on him that he could quite easily make a living selling tomatoes. Getting up early every day and going to bed late, he multiplies his profits quickly. After a short time he acquires a cart to transport several dozen boxes of tomatoes, only to have to trade it in again so that he can buy a pick-up truck to support his expanding business.
    By the end of the second year, he is the owner of a fleet of pick-up trucks and manages a staff of a hundred former unemployed people, all selling tomatoes. Planning for the future of his wife and children, he decides to buy some life insurance. Consulting with an insurance
    adviser, he picks an insurance plan. At the end of the telephone conversation, the adviser asks him for his e-mail address in order to send the final documents electronically.
    When the man replies that he has no e-mail, the adviser is stunned, "What, you don't have e-mail? How on earth have you managed to amass such wealth without the Internet, e-mail and e-commerce? Just imagine where you would be now, if you had been connected to the internet from the very start!" After a moment of thought, the tomato millionaire replied, "Why, of course! I would be a floor cleaner at Microsoft!"

Moral of this story:

1. The Internet, e-mail and e-commerce do not need to rule your life.

2. If you don't have e-mail, but work hard, you can still become a millionaire.

3. If you got this story via e-mail, you're probably closer to becoming a janitor than you are to becoming a millionaire.

4. If you do have a computer and e-mail, you have already been taken to the cleaners by Microsoft.

love it.........
    "Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel Can Fly"

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A man who just died is delivered to a local mortuary wearing an
    expensive, expertly tailored black suit.

The female blonde mortician asks the deceased's wife how she would like the body dressed.

She points out that the man does look good in the black suit he is already wearing.

The widow, however, says that she always thought her husband looked his bestin blue, and that she wants him in a blue suit.

She gives the Blonde mortician a blank check and says, 'I don't care what it
    costs, but please have my husband in a blue suit for the viewing.'

The woman returns the next day for the wake.

To her delight, she finds her husband dressed in a gorgeous blue suit with a
    subtle chalk stripe; the suit fits him perfectly ...

She says to the mortician, 'Whatever this cost, I'm very satisfied. You
    didan excellent job and I'm very grateful. How much did you spend=3F'

To her astonishment, the blonde mortician presents her with the blank
    check.

'There's no charge,' she says.

'No, really, I must compensate you for the cost of that exquisite blue
    suit!' she says.

'Honestly, ma'am,' the blonde says, 'it cost nothing. You see, a deceased
    gentleman of about your husband's size was brought in shortly after you
    left yesterday, and he was wearing an attractive blue suit. I asked his wife
    if she minded him going to his grave wearing a black suit instead, and she
    said it made no difference as long as he looked nice. . . . . . . ...

So I just switched the heads.'

(BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING!!!)
    "Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel Can Fly"

Thread Information