User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Canadian DRAM national class action - Get $20 , no receipt needed .

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I think that our first computer was around $3,000 with the printer, software, etc. etc. Nuts!
    SnowFlakey and Anna Michele like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    thanks.

we bought our first PC in 2000 & it cost over $1,000- getting $20- back doesnt seem like alot, but its better than nothing.
    Mine was the same ..didn't even include the monitor, keyboard & mouse ..just the PC only ..& I am talking of a clone, which was built for me by one of the smaller stores..so wasn't even a brand name PC ..brands like HP , Compaq , IBM were big back then.

Compaq got taken over by HP , IBM PC business is now taken over by Lenovo..so even some of these companies don't exist or have totally changed since then..ha ha
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Anyone who bought a computer, printer, personal digital assistant, MP3 player or video game console in that period can collect $20 by filling out a form on themoneyismine.ca. No receipt or proof of purchase needed as its from the period of 1999-2002

Quick and painless
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks. is there a link for it.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Sorry there is and address in the first post but I see it didn't urlize http://themoneyismine.ca
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

during that timeframe hubby was running a computer business selling parts and building computers he probably bought alot of this... hrmm...though i'm sure he no longer has any detailed records to prove what he bought (i mean really 15 years down the road? that is a bit long to keep a paper trail)
    innaor and SnowFlakey like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I saw an Ad for this yesterday on English CBC (TV) just before their National newscast with Peter Mansbridge

So looks like they are getting the word out there , and mainstream people should also know about it soon , with all this publicity

Maybe its been advertised in leading Canadian News papers too

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Well I purchased a laptop in 2001 and I still have the receipt. That puppy was expensive - $2200 - so claim submitted and we'll see what comes of it...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I think I have receipts some where...mmmm when does it expire?
    Search and earn rewards today
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/newbieams

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

DH was a computer science student at the time. He still has $1000 worth of receipts from that time saved on his server...yet we still qualify for just $20 after completing the form...
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Thanks for posting

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freebienewbie View Post
    I think I have receipts some where...mmmm when does it expire?
    No receipts needed for the first 20 bucks . But I think if you bought more , & want to claim more , then probably you need receipts ..like 2,3,4 devices & so on.

They are heavily advertising this now , I saw 4 ads just today on the same channel . I am assuming they must be advertising on other channels & print as well
    Anna Michele likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    DH was a computer science student at the time. He still has $1000 worth of receipts from that time saved on his server...yet we still qualify for just $20 after completing the form...
    So its just $ 20 , no matter how many devices you bought ? That sucks ! I thought it was per device you bought during that time frame

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Canadian consumers who bought electronics between April 1,1999 and June 30, 2002 are eligible to get at least $20 back following several class action lawsuits against the manufacturers of dynamic random access memory (DRAM).
    Following an $80 million settlement with firms including Samsung, Hynix and Micron, the four law firms involved in the class action have started an "unprecedented" awareness campaign to hand out refunds.
    The suits successfully argued that the manufacturers conspired to fix the price of the memory, thereby inflating prices on many consumer electronics.
    Related Stories

Related Links

The memory is used in most computers, printers, personal digital assistants, graphics cards, mp3 players, video game consoles and more.
    All Canadians who were at least 18 and bought electronics during the time period covered by the suit are able to fill out a simple online form at themoneyismine.ca to claim $20 from the manufacturers.
    No receipt is needed for the base amount, but those who can prove multiple purchases can claim more money

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I wondered what was up with this. I don't really remember what i purchased 16 years ago.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information