User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: People who don't follow coupon rules...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I need to see this site for sure hehehe

I think for Pledge thingy, it became more like 'investment' than couponing due to cash-back and that made it worst, especially when people are getting so much money back

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Can I just say (playing Devil's advocate here..)
    Even though the item is not something YOU would use in a timely manner, does not mean no one else will.
    For me, I might actually use all that Pledge quickly (well, maybe, if it's the multi-purpose one).
    I have OCD. I clean MULTIPLE times a day. I buy a lot..and I mean A LOT of Lysol wipes. Even when they're just the 'normal' price (I do have a normal, and anything less is great).
    When I see them on sale, for even a little better deal, I will stock up, because I use so many. If it is a GREAT deal, then I will buy a lot. And to you, you might think 'she'll take forever to use all of those', when I actually could use them up quickly..

Just a thought.~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daynabas View Post
    She is, unfortunately, the group creator and admin... there is no one "higher" than her within that group. I have made a few comments about certain hauls without accusing her, and judging by her replies, she has assumed I'm just "inexperienced" in the ways of couponing... LOL okay! There are items that I will most certainly buy 30 of, but I will buy them with or without coupons because we use them. Beans for example... we go through a can of beans a day. 30 cans lasts us a month. When Bush's went on sale 4/$5 at RCSS, I would have stocked up even without the coupons, but because I had them, you bet I stocked up on double what I normally would AND I used my $1 off coupons, got 60 cans instead of 30!! BUT I didn't clear the shelves and those beans aren't going to sit in a stockpile for the rest of my life collecting dust... we have already gone through almost half of them!!

Someone else posted their brag on her group, and I thought it was a great brag!! She had a large variety of items, including sour cream, cereal, milk, cheese, medicine, a FEW cleaning supplies, produce, meat, drinks, paper towel etc... she only spent $40 instead of almost $200. I commented saying how great it was to see a haul like this, full of items that her family will actually use! The group creator saw my comment and called me "discouraging to other couponers".... why? Because I like to see hauls full of actual useful items and not just 30 Pledge, 30 Airwick and 60 freaking scrubbing bubbles toilet cleaners?? give me a break. I think I need to leave that group but at the same time, I want to be there to watch what she does and report anything if it becomes necessary.
    Sounds like the group is the creator's way of tooting her own horn to me. If someone has something else to say, they're discouraged. Why not create your own and privately message the people who have been so nicely dismissed to tell them about your new group that lets people contribute equally? And you can post about ethics while you're at it
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have never understood why people need to buy so much but usually keep my mouth shut. The stuff is not going away may be the coupons expire but there would be another batch of coupons. What happens if the things go bad, you have wasted your money then. At one point I had stocked up on around 10 bottles of detergent (don't remember exactly how many but around that) and my husband thought I was trying to do the neighbourhood laundry. I picked up some tubs of rice for the coupons but only took two inside the house and the rest are still sitting in the trunk of my car. The clutter in the house drives me crazy and I am trying to give away more stuff than buy.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    Can I just say (playing Devil's advocate here..)
    Even though the item is not something YOU would use in a timely manner, does not mean no one else will.
    For me, I might actually use all that Pledge quickly (well, maybe, if it's the multi-purpose one).
    I have OCD. I clean MULTIPLE times a day. I buy a lot..and I mean A LOT of Lysol wipes. Even when they're just the 'normal' price (I do have a normal, and anything less is great).
    When I see them on sale, for even a little better deal, I will stock up, because I use so many. If it is a GREAT deal, then I will buy a lot. And to you, you might think 'she'll take forever to use all of those', when I actually could use them up quickly..

Just a thought.~
    I do see your point and I appreciate your opinion, thank you I truly have no way of knowing if she will or will not use all of these products in a reasonable amount of time, or if she is even keeping them or donating them. I guess I am just bothered by what I see as more 'shady' acts of couponing, and it has soiled what I think of her and her brags. Some might think buying 60 cans of beans is excessive, where I think it's normal, so I understand where you're coming from.

Side note: ditto the lysol wipe usage!! I had managed to break free of it for years, and then we bought a house. Our realtors gave us a housewarming gift with basic cleaning supplies, a giftcard and some wine. Included in the cleaning supplies was lysol wipes and just like that... obsessed again!! haha

>>>Tradelist & Wishlist<<<
    |MILK|CHICKEN|ARCTIC GARDENS|CHAPMANS|EUROPES BEST|SYB PINS|OJ|

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    yes and because of this couponing is changing -trust me I have couponed 30 years and I once had 5 people in my household and I would never go out and buy "30 pledge " at one time -I do stock up but slowely like now i have 15 bottles of laundry soap-at 2.49 or less but now there is only 2 of us -I use a lot less -infact I still have a pledge from a sale before
    -you are right it is nice to see well rounded brags on food -today i got bananas, blueberries ,rice and 2 boxes of cereal free with my grocery bill
    Good for You. All that stuff is not needed.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Me, personally, I am not the type of person to go out and buy a lot of one item at a time either. I think the most I have purchase one item at one time was like maybe 5 of the same item. I also do not like clearing shelves lol. I like to leave some for others. I also agree, I would like to see more brags on actually getting free food, or, saving on fruits, veggies etc. Not to say not getting great savings on other items is not a reason to brag, anything for free and or almost at no cost is a brag, but, to save money on the hard to get for free items is like "pure super saver diva/divo". It is hard though. I have recently been using the egg coupons on websaver. (I go through a lot of them) I am also starting to look into milk coupons and dairy product coupons I use to save as much as I can on those as a start. I still price match veggies and fruits etc.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I totally agree with you and the others who have commented - I went out of my way to go back to Target if there was a really great deal as they have a 4 like coupon per day policy and I saw lots of folks ignoring that and lots of deals are multiple trips for me to ensure that - the coupon rules are being met, the store policy is being met, other customers get a chance! At the end of the day I want to be a customer with a good relationship with my local stores and their staff so everyone is happy! Folks who push the limits make life hard for everyone and I feel your pain!

I will say, though, that went the stars align and an item I don't use/need/want will earn me money to other groceries I will ALWAYS buy those items and then immediately donate and/or pass on to friends.

As a single parent whose hubby left her with a LOT of debt I will streeeeeeetch my dollars! So the recent Pledge deal I purchased 13 cans over 2 days, 3 stores and as I don't clean with chemicals it all went to my staff giveaways (with 52 folks anything I bring goes fast!) so I wouldn't assume what folks do when they buy lots of anything because it may all up with the 'love being spread around' - or not!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Perhaps the girl you are commenting on pre-orders. When I wanted to do a bonus redemption and get only tp.. I asked the store manager a few days before the sale started. I can get whatever volume I want as long as he has time to get it and it leaves plenty for his customers. Giant Tiger has a limit , however, on the last day, you can take as many as you want. I've also pre-ordered there. Just because we don't know how someone does something doesnt mean they are doing something wrong.

I don't understand the confusion on the Pledge offer. Sdm had it on for 3.99, no limits on what you could purchase, Snapsaves had unlimited purchase offer and it was 20x the points @ sDM , again unlimited. Why would you not take this opportunity to earn money? Its an opportunity and up to each person if you use it or not. Its not illegal to buy pledge, its not illegal to earn optimum points, its not illegal to earn money on snapsaves. If she picked up 30 x $4.. $120 pre tax.. she earned roughly $55 from points and 180$ in snapsaves .. $235 .. so coming out with 80$- 90$ to buy food for her kids or whatever.. I read somewhere that someone got 100 tins of pledge. I'd totally have gotten 100 if I were physically well and could have shopped for them.

People are always talking about others ruining couponing. I have limited experience but all I see is increased opportunities to save. In the few years I've been couponing, I see more coupons, better coupons, more loyalty programs, cashback apps, generous coupons. When I go to the store, there is almost always stock on the shelf, the stores have reasonable limits. The cashiers are more experienced with coupons, more stores take coupons, I don't have to drag out the coupon policies anymore. There are more people couponing and finding deals so they share and we know about more. Its amazing what is possible.

People go to the store and pay full price, some help themselves and don't pay anything, some coupon in ways I could learn from, others in ways I'd never do, it has nothing to do with me.

The purpose of a "brag" is not to show off.. its a sharing tool.. it shows the rest of us what is possible and lets us go replicate the deal if we want it or feel that it works for us. When I was researching couponing I stumbled upon a brag by Koolaid. She had about 12 items from the $$ store.. yes they used to take coupons :O) .. I looked at the details and the photo, took the coupons and returned victorious!!! Up to that point I didn't know I could get things free. I topped it by using the $3 poly2go coupons and got overage.

We are all human, we have flaws and weaknesses.. when we are learning from others, we take the tools that work for us and leave the rest. If it doesn't feel right don't do it.. if someone feels toxic, remove them from our life.. or limit exposure.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree MillieH, yes, we should not be judging people when we don't even know them. But, I think what people are trying to say is, if, your getting these great deals, freebies and savings using coupons and other saving ways, and bragging about it, and posting for others to see, then it should be a useful tool for others. For it to be a useful tool for others we need to be honest. You can save big with coupons and get great free stuff. Like you said there are many great coupons, loyalty programs, etc were people can save and make money in some cases. But, if your going to brag and or tell others about these great deals and freebies, then, you should be honest as then other SC members of course want to get the same deals, savings and freebies as well. You can get free stuff any way you can (legally lol) and your going to post a brag for others to see, especially members who are just starting out and learning, then, it is helpful to be honest. There is nothing more disappointing when, you see someone with these great freebies and deals thinking you could do the same thing they did, only to find out that it is not how they actually got it. It is all about educating ourselves and helping each other out as much as possible so we are all able to get the same deals. Other people learn in different ways yes, of course, but we still should be honest. Personally, if people are not going to be honest when they brag, then, I feel there is no reason to. Whether you save a 1.00 or 100's of dollars, it is still savings, and, it is still something to brag about, no matter what the truth of the matter is.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Wed, Mar 11th, 2015 at 02:03 PM.
    daynabas and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

.. I didn't see proof that anyone has done anything wrong.. just someone thinking that the girl and someone at the store is dishonest because she possibly clears a shelf or goes to the same store several times. I know people who use coupons and get a totally different product than me. They take them to the store and get the products they read the coupons to get.. I use them the way I read them and end up with less product. They read it the way they do, the cashier/csm sees it the same way and they get the products. I use it the way I read it.. I don't know which is correct.. I'm way old.. old enough to know that the way I see things is not necessarily right or wrong..just my perception with the knowledge I have at that moment.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree, the girl could not be doing anything wrong. But what others are saying is that if she is being dishonest and clearing shelves, then, it is not fair to others who want to also get those items and or deals. People who are dishonest and or doing things they are not suppose to make it harder for others like us to get the same deals. Pretty much it is about being honest and being able to get the deals you want, and, not making it harder for others. AND also being honest when you post a brag.
    daynabas and toronto166 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by brennen7 View Post
    I agree with you on the shelf clearing, I would never clear a full shelf (I say full by if there is like 2 or 3 items left I'm gonna take them). Now I'm not sure how she approached the cashier regarding the 'one per person' coupon issue but I give the option to the cashier and CSM how they would like it done, sometimes they like it done in separate transations and some likes it all in one transaction. 99.9% of the time the store will get their money back because it's near impossible for the company to know that it was all done by the same person, all the store does is prove they sold the stock. As this has been explained many times all over the forums that using a $ off coupon and BOGO coupon is ok because your using the $ off coupon on one item and the BOGO coupon on the other item, as long as it's one coupon per item it's perfectly fine. Now with CO51 you can have one account per DEVICE, I have multiple devices so I have multiple accounts and I when I contacted support for more then one account they combine my request into one support ticket for me becuase I have asked if it's okay and they said it's perfectly fine. Now I don't know about Snap because most of their offers can be claimed unlimited amount of times so why would you have more then 1 account?

Actually, S.C. Johnson, which puts out BOGO coupons frequently, would tell you differently. With the coupon wording indicating "one coupon per purchase" (and often with the other "cannot be combined with any other coupons or offers" or wording to that effect) their explanation to me regarding the use of a BOGO coupon and a money off coupon on the 2 items purchased with a BOGO coupon, the purchase IS both the one being paid for AND the free one...so no other coupon can be used as a coupon has already been used for both items. I do have an email from them that explains this.
    BCcheapMom and toronto166 like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecats View Post
    Actually, S.C. Johnson, which puts out BOGO coupons frequently, would tell you differently. With the coupon wording indicating "one coupon per purchase" (and often with the other "cannot be combined with any other coupons or offers" or wording to that effect) their explanation to me regarding the use of a BOGO coupon and a money off coupon on the 2 items purchased with a BOGO coupon, the purchase IS both the one being paid for AND the free one...so no other coupon can be used as a coupon has already been used for both items. I do have an email from them that explains this.
    Exactly! Folks can justify all they want, almost every bogo coupon indicates not to be used with any other offer so the ' one per purchase' is a red herring, in all reality the bogo coupon is requiring 2 things to be purchased and adding in another coupon, which says 'not to be combined' is stacking', plain and simple and completely abusing the goodwill of the manufacturer. Seriously, we often see a manufacturer put out 2 or 3 coupons in the same insert, a bogo and done $ off and people honestly believe the manufacturer is ok with putting both together? Really?!? Pull the other one!
    walkonby and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCcheapMom View Post
    Exactly! Folks can justify all they want, almost every bogo coupon indicates not to be used with any other offer so the ' one per purchase' is a red herring, in all reality the bogo coupon is requiring 2 things to be purchased and adding in another coupon, which says 'not to be combined' is stacking', plain and simple and completely abusing the goodwill of the manufacturer. Seriously, we often see a manufacturer put out 2 or 3 coupons in the same insert, a bogo and done $ off and people honestly believe the manufacturer is ok with putting both together? Really?!? Pull the other one!

This is interesting.. I read it as being use one or the other.. and thats how I use it.. when I hear of others using it that way I think dang it.. wish I saw it that way and could use them that way.. . after saying that though... I wonder if people honestly believe the manufacturer is ok with people getting more than one insert and using more than the coupons provided in that insert. If we are going to pick out one thing to be wrong.. perhaps we should should look at all aspects that way.. Im perfectly ok with using multiples of coupons..if I lived in an area where they stacked, I'd stack..if they give money back, I'd take it.. people offer gift cards for formula coupons, we trade coupons for other coupons, or stamps or gift cards or points.. etc etc, that is not the manufacturer intent, we all have a line we stand behind.. why is it ok for us to pick our line but jump on others when they pick theirs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information