User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Advice for plus size clothing

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Laura Plus sales racks can be worth the effort for more dressy apparel. I second the Addition-Elle store mention as it has been trying to do a younger customer line for a few years.

Suzy Shier launched a plus size line recently.

As for Joe Fresh-pullovers might be worth trying. Cardigans have to be tried on to see how the sleeves and torso fit. Do consider men's pullover sweaters for sizing/price (can be better fit). I find that women's shirts are really YMMV in terms of fit and styling.
    padyofurniture likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Keep an eye out for local rummage sales or garage sales where lots of vendors have tables, as spring brings out the sellers. There's bound to be a few finds that way as well.
    padyofurniture likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ah yea, I forgot about Laura+.

I was in Costco yesterday and noticed that they were selling some plus sized clothing. Only one table at my local store, but it's a start.
    idonovan likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have had some luck with Eddie Bower lately. Their sizes seem a little more generous. I find there is a size gap between regular sizes at the regular size stores and the plus size stores. The smallest size at the plus size store is a little too big...but i can't find anything to fit comfortably in the regular size stores....i either have to gain ten or lose ten pounds. Hello ice cream!!
    anisa and idonovan like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I tried on Eddie Bauer jeans and wanted to cry Definitely more for a more straight body, instead of a curvier silhouette.

I tried penningtons and found their curvy fit, straight leg jeans perfect for what I am looking for.
    I want a fitted, straight leg that accommodates my butt, and sits AT the waist without gaping. I found it at Penningtons! I wanted a more old-school fitted, straight leg jean instead of the teenage style skinny jeans. The only thing I don't like at penningtons is all the glitzy pocket designs, and over-done faded effect in the wash of the fabric. I want rocker-mama jeans :p
    Last edited by anisa; Sun, Mar 29th, 2015 at 01:05 PM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@anisa , I agree with your comment on Penningtons' pocket designs. I really don't need to draw more attention to my backside but I was in the store this weekend and they've re-branded their jeans and most of them have done away with the bold pocket designs. The jeans that I like now have a subtle design on the pocket.
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Woohoo! Lol. Now i just need a really good sale
    trishka likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information