User Tag List

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2365Likes

Thread: Halloween Package Train

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    So Ladies, I'm looking to expand my dinner menus (to more than the 5 or 6 that I know how to make that hubby will actually eat). I not really a big fan of cooking, but we need to eat & a little variety would be nice! Easy is a must! Hubby is picky so no casseroles or anything with a creamy sauce, & no pork because I have an allergy to it. I also do not have a slow cooker Any recipes?? I do a have a couple yummy & easy ones I can share if others are looking.
    Get a slow cooker lol, I have two It's just kiddo and I, we eat a lot of slow cooker meals, all year long But other wise I tend to keep it simple, meat, a vegetable & a starch for kiddo. I work around whatever is on sale and/or I'll get the most "points" for. Last night I did a lemon chicken in the oven with broccoli, it was based on the recipe in the Sobeys flyer this week, but I didn't want to fry the chicken first because I don't really have a pan I can use. So I glazed and baked it instead. I use my indoor grill a lot. Any meat that is on sale, fresh or frozen. Now if you want ideas for the slow cooker, that I can do! It's funny because I have lots of cook books but I tend to just be basic with everything. My boy likes his meat plain, so I cook it with just a bit of seasoning, then add sauce or spices to mine.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Me please!!!!!"I have read and understand all the Package Train Rules/Guidelines. I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to to the consequence list in the sticky and may be banned from riding future package trains”

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank View Post
    Me please!!!!!"I have read and understand all the Package Train Rules/Guidelines. I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to to the consequence list in the sticky and may be banned from riding future package trains”
    riding any trains?
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Get a slow cooker lol
    I second this, it is the ultimate when I am lazy or busy, I premake meals in large freezer bags to just empty into it as needed. Plus, it is so nice to time it for whenever we want to eat and not have to watch/stir etc

What meals do you currently cook Julesie?
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Yeah, I third that. Get a slow cooker, lol. My hubby is picky too (and also doesn't like cream sauce - wth!? cream sauce is a-ma-zing!!!). There are some amazing recipes out there, and chilli is always an easy go to that I know DH will like. It's totally worth the investment. You can even do chicken tacos in there..soup..bread..lasagna..pretty much anything can be done in the slow cooker. I don't use it nearly as often as I should.

As for recipes, non slow-cooker...you and I probably rotate the same few. DH always wants things like spaghetti, sloppy joes, chilli, tacos, meatloaf (I have a good meatloaf one I actually got from @nat77 a while ago...made in muffin pan instead of bread pan - yummeh. ALWAYS use this recipe now!). I try not to do the same meat twice in a row, but I don't usually get too fancy. Usually make my own shake n bake type thing with spices I have on hand and corn flakes/panko crumbs and use that for chicken/pork. Stir Frys are always a good go to - and easy! Not sure if that's much help or not.
    julesie-pie and chesterjes like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

Yes agree with getting crock pot we have two of them. However since moving in with the boyfriend 3 months ago i no longer cook as he used to work as kitchen manager 12 rs ago and enjoys doing it.(now picker operator).

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I wish I could get him to cook more often, but we would just eat burgers if he did lol
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

sorry guys migraine finally gave in after 2 and a half days...now i can deal with just a bit of a headache lol

Jules...get a slowcooker...AMAZING to have..and can research for so many recipes and adjust them to what you can eat

Welcome everyone!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Get a slow cooker lol, I have two It's just kiddo and I, we eat a lot of slow cooker meals, all year long But other wise I tend to keep it simple, meat, a vegetable & a starch for kiddo. I work around whatever is on sale and/or I'll get the most "points" for. Last night I did a lemon chicken in the oven with broccoli, it was based on the recipe in the Sobeys flyer this week, but I didn't want to fry the chicken first because I don't really have a pan I can use. So I glazed and baked it instead. I use my indoor grill a lot. Any meat that is on sale, fresh or frozen. Now if you want ideas for the slow cooker, that I can do! It's funny because I have lots of cook books but I tend to just be basic with everything. My boy likes his meat plain, so I cook it with just a bit of seasoning, then add sauce or spices to mine.
    I tried to get a slow cooker a couple years ago but hubby was anti-slow cooker. Might try again to convince him we need one. BUT I heard they are a pain in the butt to clean! Are some easier than others? Recommendations on brands etc?

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I second this, it is the ultimate when I am lazy or busy, I premake meals in large freezer bags to just empty into it as needed. Plus, it is so nice to time it for whenever we want to eat and not have to watch/stir etc

What meals do you currently cook Julesie?
    Greek seasoned chicken with Diana chicken & rib sauce (with or without a cheese wedge)

chicken with pasta sauce, sweet peppers & cheese

Baked salmon with Greek seasoning

winter cooking (haven't cooked these since its been warm):

lasagna

chili (which hubby isn't really a fan of, he prefers his dad's but that version takes like 5 hrs to make, so I don't make it)

meatloaf

turkey meatballs over pasta

chicken Parmesan

bolonaise meat sauce over pasta

i also have a sheppards pie recipe but I haven't cooked in ages as I find it rather heavy, I think I might try substituting the potato for sweet potato & the oatmeal for flax meal

then veg as a side for pretty much all of the above

Quote Originally Posted by Venuila View Post
    Yeah, I third that. Get a slow cooker, lol. My hubby is picky too (and also doesn't like cream sauce - wth!? cream sauce is a-ma-zing!!!). There are some amazing recipes out there, and chilli is always an easy go to that I know DH will like. It's totally worth the investment. You can even do chicken tacos in there..soup..bread..lasagna..pretty much anything can be done in the slow cooker. I don't use it nearly as often as I should.

As for recipes, non slow-cooker...you and I probably rotate the same few. DH always wants things like spaghetti, sloppy joes, chilli, tacos, meatloaf (I have a good meatloaf one I actually got from @nat77 a while ago...made in muffin pan instead of bread pan - yummeh. ALWAYS use this recipe now!). I try not to do the same meat twice in a row, but I don't usually get too fancy. Usually make my own shake n bake type thing with spices I have on hand and corn flakes/panko crumbs and use that for chicken/pork. Stir Frys are always a good go to - and easy! Not sure if that's much help or not.
    Ooooo....interested in your shake & bake recipe & the meatloaf one from nat77
    Last edited by julesie-pie; Sun, Aug 30th, 2015 at 09:42 PM.
    chesterjes and Venuila like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Reynolds slow cooker liners from Dollarama! I throw out the liner and wipe down the crock pot and done
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Reynolds slow cooker liners from Dollarama! I throw out the liner and wipe down the crock pot and done
    Oh I love these But I don't find the crock pot that hard to clean really, no harder than any other pot or pan really. I do put it in the dish washer if it's too bad, though my smaller one fits better than my big one. I just have cheap ones from Walmart, one small and one big.

I also like skillet meals, meat (ground or diced beef, chicken or turkey) and pasta or rice with some sauce. But I tend to use creamy ones which I guess aren't an option. Add in broccoli or something. White chili is good too, chicken instead of beef, no tomatoes, some broth, white beans, I add in carrots as well, and chili spices.

Tuna, sweet potato, carrot cakes, mix up a can of tuna, with cooked carrots and sweet potatoes, add in horse radish for some zing, make into patties, you can coat them in corn meal if you like, fry them up (non stick pan works well), serve with a salad or whatever on the side.

Kabobs are good, I have a stand up grill with a kabob thing, put on meat (salmon, chicken, beef, whatever you like) with veggies like mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and grill them. Serve with some rice.

If you like peppers, stuffed ones are good. You could use quinoa instead of rice, adds a bit more protein - can also be made in a slow cooker.

Oh, I like cabbage rolls too, but am usually too lazy so just use beef, shredded cabbage, rice and tomato sauce (bake or use the slow cooker).
    Last edited by gwennad; Sun, Aug 30th, 2015 at 10:21 PM.
    chesterjes likes this.

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

I'm on the fence... Ahh should I join or not... That is the question. Will think about it. My last day today at work before I go on sick leave (then mat leave) I will have more time but might have to mail early in case things progress quickly. Sigh
    Angela273 and chesterjes like this.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juliejolie View Post
    I'm on the fence... Ahh should I join or not... That is the question. Will think about it. My last day today at work before I go on sick leave (then mat leave) I will have more time but might have to mail early in case things progress quickly. Sigh
    Do it! When is your due date? I am sure we will get our buddies mid next week, mail date is over a month later. You know you want to.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Do it! When is your due date? I am sure we will get our buddies mid next week, mail date is over a month later. You know you want to.
    More likely next weekend, since it closes Thursday night and we usually have to chase people for wishlist changes etc
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I use my slow cooker more in the winter. Love making pulled pork. We Google various recipes they all turn out.

I have a meal spreadsheet. I will hop on my computer and post. I try to keep adding to it to add variety. We have our favourites too though. Sometimes looking at it reminds me I can pair something up differently.
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Aug 31st, 2015 at 09:36 AM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information