Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree2365Likes

Thread: Halloween Package Train

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Venuila View Post
    Yeah....I can only imagine.

Lol. Yeah, I know he isn't THAT bad at 3 but some days...yeesh. I know that won't end anytime soon though...maybe, maybe in like 15-20 years? Snort.

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. I love it. Lol. Jaxson finally decided on Batman. I'm almost done Kyra's costume. I'll post a pic after...debating on making Jaxsons or not. Can't believe the price of costumes these days. $35 for a freakin' costume they'll wear once....no thanks! Although, I did spend that much on his last year. Which I still can't believe I did. I'll have to check kijiji.
    My son is 4 and we got him a Captain America suit, and shield.. of course they had to be sold separately. ugh.. We paid $77.. Yup you read that right $77!! But we didn't mind dishing that out because he's big into super heroes right now. I know he'll get the use out of it. He's been wearing it daily since we bought it for him. I also picked up costumes last year after halloween from online swap and shop groups. I need to get him a toy box or something now for all the suits he has haha. But seriosuly though hes one of those kids that wants to wear a suit everywhere including bed. I got asked the other day if he could wear his hulk suit to bed. Silly kid

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    My Jackson wants to be one of the Kratt Brothers now... costume is $50 because they don't seem to have them here in Canada. I am looking at making one, but ugh... we'll see I guess! Last year and the year before he was a dinosaur. Toys R Us looks like it might have the creature power suit so I think I could turn him into something using that... I did find a bat version that doesn't look too hard.

And the attitude, I found, started most with school and exposure to the older kids, or those with older siblings. I am hoping it will at least improve as he gets older. If I hear "You aren't the boss of me!" any more... I might just scream.
    >.< My BFF has four boys, two are in school now and yeah...she said the same thing. It's amazing what they learn from other kids. I guess I should enjoy the next year then, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by cherielake View Post
    My son is 4 and we got him a Captain America suit, and shield.. of course they had to be sold separately. ugh.. We paid $77.. Yup you read that right $77!! But we didn't mind dishing that out because he's big into super heroes right now. I know he'll get the use out of it. He's been wearing it daily since we bought it for him. I also picked up costumes last year after halloween from online swap and shop groups. I need to get him a toy box or something now for all the suits he has haha. But seriosuly though hes one of those kids that wants to wear a suit everywhere including bed. I got asked the other day if he could wear his hulk suit to bed. Silly kid
    Wow. $77 is ca-ra-zy! It's nice that he uses it more than once though. I wouldn't mind so much if Jax used his more. He's not that into dressing up and stuff though. I was hoping to get more use out of the Mike the Knight costume but he didn't want anything to do with it besides on Halloween...and that was even a bit tough getting him to wear it last year. He has been asking about it this year though....so I guess if I don't sell it soon I'll let him play with it.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Oh my gosh @juliejolie your daughter is adorable! And those lunches rock! Love the shaped sandwiches. I hope my kids lunches look like that when it's time for school,

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

Last month Livi wanted to be a pumpkin, a couple of weeks ago strawberry shortcake, last week a mermaid, and today blueberry pie...think Im in trouble lol
    but if i can get them cheap enough i will get more than one as she also likes to plat dressup lol

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Oh my gosh @juliejolie your daughter is adorable! And those lunches rock! Love the shaped sandwiches. I hope my kids lunches look like that when it's time for school,
    Aw thank you! Time to creep you on FB now

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

I went cheap on halloween costume actualky daughter did. Went to a couple yard sales this summer and she picked up a unicorn costume for 5 dollars. Cant imagine spending to much just on a costume i dress up to go out with her and my limit for myself is 20.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juliejolie View Post
    Aw thank you! Time to creep you on FB now
    Not to much on my page..we don't put pics of the kids up so it's kind of blah. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chesterjes View Post
    Last month Livi wanted to be a pumpkin, a couple of weeks ago strawberry shortcake, last week a mermaid, and today blueberry pie...think Im in trouble lol
    but if i can get them cheap enough i will get more than one as she also likes to plat dressup lol
    Lol, Jaxson was like that for the longest time and then I was like just like okay whatever you say today is it and get super enthusiastic about him being Batman now so he still seems into it, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by becky_j View Post
    I went cheap on halloween costume actualky daughter did. Went to a couple yard sales this summer and she picked up a unicorn costume for 5 dollars. Cant imagine spending to much just on a costume i dress up to go out with her and my limit for myself is 20.
    Nice find!! I haven't dressed up with the kids yet. We will be this year though so kind of looking forward to it. Not looking to spend much on mine though, I am being Black Widow cause it is a super easy costume. Just going to wear all black and make a belt/arm bands and a red wig and I'm good.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Yeah....I can only imagine.

Lol. Yeah, I know he isn't THAT bad at 3 but some days...yeesh. I know that won't end anytime soon though...maybe, maybe in like 15-20 years? Snort.

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. I love it. Lol. Jaxson finally decided on Batman. I'm almost done Kyra's costume. I'll post a pic after...debating on making Jaxsons or not. Can't believe the price of costumes these days. $35 for a freakin' costume they'll wear once....no thanks! Although, I did spend that much on his last year. Which I still can't believe I did. I'll have to check kijiji.
    Secondhand costumes are the best! I also bought a whole bunch of princess dresses in bigger sizes last year at 75% off, figure if she isn't into them by the time she grows into them (probably next year) I can either use them as birthday gifts for her friends or sell them or now save them for the next one.

im pretty lucky with DD, so far she just goes with whatever I buy for her for Halloween. The first 2 years she was a dragon (as the costume still fit the next year) & then the last 2 years she was a Jaguar. She was a Dalmatian for her class party last year as her Jaguar one was fleece & I didn't want her to roast! I think we will probably continue the tradition of 2 costumes the outdoor warm fleece one & one that can be worn indoors for parties. She has a large dress up bin of various costumes I have picked up through buy & sell groups (you can find the best deals just after Halloween) so she can just pick her indoor costume from there! This year she is very excited for her outdoor costume of Scooby Doo - which we bought secondhand 2 years ago & she finally fits into!

My Jackson wants to be one of the Kratt Brothers now... costume is $50 because they don't seem to have them here in Canada. I am looking at making one, but ugh... we'll see I guess! Last year and the year before he was a dinosaur. Toys R Us looks like it might have the creature power suit so I think I could turn him into something using that... I did find a bat version that doesn't look too hard.

And the attitude, I found, started most with school and exposure to the older kids, or those with older siblings. I am hoping it will at least improve as he gets older. If I hear "You aren't the boss of me!" any more... I might just scream.
    DD loves Wild Kratts too!

Not to much on my page..we don't put pics of the kids up so it's kind of blah. Lol.

Lol, Jaxson was like that for the longest time and then I was like just like okay whatever you say today is it and get super enthusiastic about him being Batman now so he still seems into it, haha.

Nice find!! I haven't dressed up with the kids yet. We will be this year though so kind of looking forward to it. Not looking to spend much on mine though, I am being Black Widow cause it is a super easy costume. Just going to wear all black and make a belt/arm bands and a red wig and I'm good.
    my "costume" is always a witches hat & hubby is usually pirate hat.
    Last edited by julesie-pie; Mon, Sep 28th, 2015 at 02:22 PM.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

@gwennad - just out of curiousity I looked up Wild Kratt costumes. Found these at Party City, not a bad prices!

http://www.partycity.ca/search.do?query=WIld+kratts

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    @gwennad - just out of curiousity I looked up Wild Kratt costumes. Found these at Party City, not a bad prices!

http://www.partycity.ca/search.do?query=WIld+kratts
    They are, but not available in store so when you tack on shipping it's almost $50! I am hoping Toys R Us will have them.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Bought our costumes SDM clearance last year. $5 each. Bumblebee and Lady bug. I also bought my friend a Mario! LO is going to be a bat and I bought that second hand last month for $5. $20 for 4 costumes and one kid isn't even mine. Very happy. Will resell next year and probably make $15 back!

My goal this week is to find a box!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

Have been MIA for this past weekend...

Got a letter from the developer that I am choosing the materials for the new house in a few weeks... Starting to feel the heat that I should clean up and toss away all the crap that I have (been in current house for over 20+ years)

Also went to the last regular season home game of the Blue Jays, it was totally awesome...

Only mission completed -- finding a box!!

As for my buddy's package's to do list:
    1) Still need to get treats
    2) Need to finish the touch ups for a few pieces of DIY
    3) Start on a new DIY for some stuff I received last week...

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

They are, but not available in store so when you tack on shipping it's almost $50! I am hoping Toys R Us will have them.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    ah right, didn't look into shipping

Quote Originally Posted by coupontime View Post
    Have been MIA for this past weekend...

Got a letter from the developer that I am choosing the materials for the new house in a few weeks... Starting to feel the heat that I should clean up and toss away all the crap that I have (been in current house for over 20+ years)

Also went to the last regular season home game of the Blue Jays, it was totally awesome...

Only mission completed -- finding a box!!

As for my buddy's package's to do list:
    1) Still need to get treats
    2) Need to finish the touch ups for a few pieces of DIY
    3) Start on a new DIY for some stuff I received last week...
    I still need to get treats for my buddy but waiting til the last minute so they actually make it in the box

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    ah right, didn't look into shipping

I still need to get treats for my buddy but waiting til the last minute so they actually make it in the box
    Yeah shipping was like $16.50 I think, so compared to the costume price it seemed a bit much, free shipping over $99 but I don't need that many costumes!

Also waiting to get treats, I get paid again on the 7th so will be finishing up then and mailing after the Thanksgiving weekend. Mail date is the 15th right? I hope so lol.
    Crochetlady and julesie-pie like this.

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Thank you to armygirl29 for the box of wonderful goodies! Got my box today. Love how nicely everything was wrapped and the sweet card too

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 34861
Size:  72.1 KB

I got:
    - dish soap
    - box of baby samples/SDM coupons
    - bag of gummy fish and kids floss for Maile
    - haunted house activity kit (already played with!)
    - baby thermometer
    - baby pacifiers
    - breast pads
    - chip clips
    - adult floss
    - Sandra Boynton book
    - Vaseline petroleum jelly
    - thank you note cards
    - Kleenex to go
    - Truvia sweetener
    - scotch tape
    - baby wipes

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information