• 1 Post By bryceton
  • 2 Post By somrusk
  • 2 Post By somrusk
  • 2 Post By torikul

Thread: TheMobileShop.ca

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello everyone,

We have had a cell phone plan with rogers for 2 years and it's going to expire soon. Hubby was thinking about trying bell now but i am leaning towards buying a plan from themobileshop.ca. it's a loblaws brand and it will give us extra pcpoints on our monthly cell phone bill. And there are a few cell phones with 2 year plans that are offering free pcpoints like $100 in pcpoints or a pc gift card of lesser value. (I want to buy a cell phone plan that's offering free $125 in pcpoints. That's a lot of free groceries! ) But we don't know if buying a cell phone plan from loblaws store is different than rogers/bell or other big companies. If it's different, how is it different? How are their packages? Prices? Is it better or the same as buying from bell/rogers etc?

Does anyone of you have any experience with themobileshop cell phone packages? How was your experience? I am interested in knowing about 2/3 year plans with a cell phone instead of prepaid plans. We have to have a cell phone because of hubby's job.

Any help and recommendations will be very appreciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Loblaws, Rogers (Plus)
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

If I had a way to get out to Superstore I would have definitely gone with pcmobile.ca.

TheMobileShop is similar to Wireless Wave in that you get your plan and phone from whatever carrier you choose and they only act as the middleman for that transaction.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    If I had a way to get out to Superstore I would have definitely gone with pcmobile.ca.

TheMobileShop is similar to Wireless Wave in that you get your plan and phone from whatever carrier you choose and they only act as the middleman for that transaction.

Oh okay. It's good to knkw that they are not any different from these carrier companies, they are just a broker type of thing. I will talk to my hubby about it. Thanks a lot for replying.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@amira84 .....if your hubby still has the phone and is happy with it, why not unlock it (if it isn't already) and take it to another provider that gives you a discount for BYOD (bring your own device), and you get to pick a plan that suits vice one that is dictated to you. Additionally, you are able to tweak the plan online every month based on your usage.

My smartphone (a new model from the past 2 years with bells and whistles) was purchased unlocked, so am not tied to any contract, and I did what I mentioned earlier.
    Aslan and momof3heathens like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with Beachdown here... for the $30 or $40 it might cost to unlock it, it's way cheaper than getting roped into another carrier you might not agree with. You get to keep your phone, AND you're contract-free and free to pick any carrier you want, at will, at any time.

You can even then pop in a US sim temporarily (eg. Roam Mobilty) for when you travel to the US or Mexico, without any issue.

The flexibility of being unlocked is a great feeling.
    Davetherave likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I dont know what cellphone plan you currently have but if its quite expensive you may want to look into zoomermobile
    its same network as rogers but cheaper plans ( and on sale right now too) you also get a free phone with 2 year contract - some phones require higher priced plans. even though you get a discount the free phone minimum pricing is based on the reg price of plan
    if you dont use much data these plans are really cheap ( comes with 100 mb/ month right now limited time)
    http://www.zoomerwireless.ca/rate-plans/individual-plans/

though ofcourse theres other plans if you require more data/ features on the site
    Last edited by bryceton; Tue, Dec 15th, 2015 at 01:42 PM.
    Davetherave likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Hello everyone,

We have had a cell phone plan with rogers for 2 years and it's going to expire soon. Hubby was thinking about trying bell now but i am leaning towards buying a plan from themobileshop.ca. it's a loblaws brand and it will give us extra pcpoints on our monthly cell phone bill. And there are a few cell phones with 2 year plans that are offering free pcpoints like $100 in pcpoints or a pc gift card of lesser value. (I want to buy a cell phone plan that's offering free $125 in pcpoints. That's a lot of free groceries! ) But we don't know if buying a cell phone plan from loblaws store is different than rogers/bell or other big companies. If it's different, how is it different? How are their packages? Prices? Is it better or the same as buying from bell/rogers etc?

Does anyone of you have any experience with themobileshop cell phone packages? How was your experience? I am interested in knowing about 2/3 year plans with a cell phone instead of prepaid plans. We have to have a cell phone because of hubby's job.

Any help and recommendations will be very appreciated.
    Mobile shop is a good place to shop for a cell phone. To be honest, they have brought in competition to the market with their PC points and deals. Competition is a loosely used word but not here.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you want high end phones they go with Koodo; they have good deals on Iphone 5S right now.
    The great advantage with Koodo is you can choose a lower value plan according to your needs with high end phones like apple or samsung.
    Plus they are giving pc points ranging from 100k to 250,000 points which is $250.
    You can also earn $50 through referral.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope so for super store in canada.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torikul View Post
    Hope so for super store in canada.
    You can get a Iphone 5S at the mobileshop at the Superstore for $360 tab. You will get a 100,000 points or $100 worth points.
    Plus if you click on the referral bonus link before activation you will get a referral bonus of $50.
    That's a cool Iphone for $360-$100-$50+tax (ofcourse you choose from a variety of plans)
    Click here for a $50 Koodo Mobile referral bonus (Only in month of May - May Madness).
    Contact me for details, it is easier than you would think.

Thread Information