Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jnazurk
  • 1 Post By marstec
  • 1 Post By BuggaBugga

Thread: Vacuums?

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

So...now that I'm a stay at home mom I am vacuuming everyday. I had a rainbow, but found it tedious for filling up the bin with water, emptying it, etc. I sold it on kijiji and after much debate I bought a shark at CT and loved it at first. Now I hate it.

What do you have?
    is the dyson worth it in the long run?

I have baby crumbs to clean up and 3 pets.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You mention needing water in yours, do you mean a carpet cleaner and not a vacuum? Dyson makes vacuums. We have the canister one it's been great. It's so nice not to have to buy bags and you should see all the stuff that gets picked up! I think Consumer Reports gives them average reviews though...I can't remember which brand they rated the highest, but we are happy with the Dyson.
    BaylaBlue likes this.

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

The rainbows have a bowl that you fill with water to catch all the dust and crap. Then you dump the water afterwards. They do clean very, very well. And it's nice you can put nice smelling stickies in the water

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Dysons do a good job, but they are a bit overpriced; I think there are alternatives that clean just as well for less. We bought ours at Costco with the intention of returning it within a month or so if it didn't perform...we've had it for a couple of years now.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I've had this Bissell Powerforce vacuum for a few years now and I still love it. It's low cost but it has a lot of power and does a great job. Bagless too.
    http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/powerfor...=SRCH%3Avaccum
    ssbean likes this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have a Dyson canister vaccuum, and love almost everything about it. It does a fantastic job, very thorough cleaning every single time. If I were to buy it again, however, I would buy the upright instead of the canister. The canister is very heavy, and it's kind of a pain to drag around and have to set it up everytime I just want to do a quick vaccuum. I think the upright would likely be more user friendly, and with the tools on it, you would still be able to do your stairs just as well (plus, it's a bit cheaper).

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have the Shark from CT I just love it and usually we go through a vacuum every year and this one has lasted.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I have a dyson. I love it, and think it's worth the money!
    I've earned $125 in Amazon GCs in 7 months with SWAGBUCKS! Click here & get started: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/LCFIXE
    AMEX GOLD REWARDS CARD - 1st year FREE & get 25,000 AEROPLAN POINTS when you spend $500 in first 3 months: </SPAN>Click Here</SPAN>

SuperSavingMommy!
    Trading Score
    112 (100%)

Dyson Dyson Dyson! We have 2 cats, 2 dogs and 2 kids. I had a hard time paying for the dyson but I brought it home, vacuumed with my old one then the Dyson...the Dyson was almost full! We have had ours for years and if I do ever get another vacuum (if my dyson ever dies) I'm going to get another one!!! I do agree it is a bit heavy but hey I need the workout!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I agree! Dyson all the way! It is 100% worth the money! I had gone through soooo many different vacuum cleaners over the years before finally caving and getting a Dyson and wow, I noticed a big cleaning difference and years later it still performs like new! It's definitely the best vacuum ever!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I gotta agree. Did not want to pay that much for a vacuum because I had always bought inexpensive ones before. BUT I was buying new vacuums all the time beccause after a while they would start to lose suction power. So got an upright Dyson and absolutely love it. Well worth it in the long run.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I would've loved to have been able to afford a Dyson (one can still dream right?). We had a Kenmore upright for 10+ years (and still have it, use to vacuum car now) but I hated changing the bags all the time (Husky/Shephard cross + cat + tons of hair, add in a child and I could fill a bag every week!) so when I saw this one on sale at Walmart for $88, I jumped at the chance!! So far we have had it for a year and I am very pleased with it. Does everything! Love vacuuming my bare floors as I hate sweeping!

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/bagless-...bissel+vacuums

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I herd Dyson has a great warranty etc and is worth the expensive price. This is what I have herd, I have never owned.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a Roomba. Not only does it vacuum for you, but it is entertaining to watch!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jnazurk View Post
    So...now that I'm a stay at home mom I am vacuuming everyday. I had a rainbow, but found it tedious for filling up the bin with water, emptying it, etc. I sold it on kijiji and after much debate I bought a shark at CT and loved it at first. Now I hate it.

What do you have?
    is the dyson worth it in the long run?

I have baby crumbs to clean up and 3 pets.
    I have a Dyson V6 Fluffy cordless - worth every penny. I think they are streaks ahead of all the other brands, once you own one you will not want to exchange it.

Thread Information