User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Did you ever date someone online?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Before I met DH, some of the responses I got were just not paying attention to what I was saying I was looking for. On the site I was on there were people from all over the world, but you specified an age range, and a geographical location. At the time I was in my mid-20s, so I didn't want anybody older than maybe 35, and was looking to meet someone in the same city. I'm in NS, I got people responding from as far away as Virginia who thought it could work, or guys who insisted they were a 'young 50.' Well congratulations buddy, but no matter how young your 50 is, it's still too old for 20-something me!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Yes I have twice, meet my son father way back when icq was popular, that last 8 years broke up 8 years ago also. and my current man meet on Pof ( yes I found a really good guy on pof) we both grew up in the same neighbourhood, had the same doctors office just different doctors, was in the same catchusim class, and just been near each other since I was 9 but we never really meet till Valentines day this year and we are both very happy together. I totally believe we are meant to be together, me and him are so much alike and have some of the same interest so 2 and half months later still totally in love with each other and bonus my kids like him.
    Natalka, ROMEO, dededi and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bean alfred View Post
    Good luck
    Thanks!
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Before I met DH, some of the responses I got were just not paying attention to what I was saying I was looking for. On the site I was on there were people from all over the world, but you specified an age range, and a geographical location. At the time I was in my mid-20s, so I didn't want anybody older than maybe 35, and was looking to meet someone in the same city. I'm in NS, I got people responding from as far away as Virginia who thought it could work, or guys who insisted they were a 'young 50.' Well congratulations buddy, but no matter how young your 50 is, it's still too old for 20-something me!
    Made me giggle haha I know what you mean, I don't mind dating older but OLD is another story. The man I am seeing now is actually 2 years younger :p

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaelmo View Post
    Yes I have twice, meet my son father way back when icq was popular, that last 8 years broke up 8 years ago also. and my current man meet on Pof ( yes I found a really good guy on pof) we both grew up in the same neighbourhood, had the same doctors office just different doctors, was in the same catchusim class, and just been near each other since I was 9 but we never really meet till Valentines day this year and we are both very happy together. I totally believe we are meant to be together, me and him are so much alike and have some of the same interest so 2 and half months later still totally in love with each other and bonus my kids like him.
    I love the feeling of such a bond with someone that they just had to be made for us. I got that with my man and I am happy you have it with yours. And that is great I know so many who have kids and hate the boyfriend or step dad.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Britanica View Post
    He spent the week with me last week.

Twas heaven. He is going to come back at the end of May.
    Glad to hear it went well.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I'm back in the online dating world and I forgot how much I hate it! I met my ex on there and we ended a 2 year relationship a few months ago... he looked really good "on paper", so to speak, but he let his true colors come out over time and it turned into a very unhealthy relationship BUT, I'm out of it now and ready to dive back into the world of dating!

I'm not very happy with POF, I find nobody makes a real effort on there. I hate hate HATE the profiles that say nothing more than "ask and I'll tell you"... I need more to go on than that! And the number of creeps that are just looking for a fling or a fwb relationship... sorry, but no.

I joined okcupid as well and I have been having some good conversations with a few people but I haven't met anyone yet.

Congrats to everyone who has found a meaningful relationship this way... it's becoming more "the norm" and more socially acceptable as a means to meet someone.
    Davetherave likes this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I met my husband online in a IRC chat room on my birthday. It was a chat room connecting people from the same country. I was in Asia, he was in UK. We found out we lived in the same town back in our home country, 5 mins walk from each other. His cousin is married to my cousin. We had the same high school and elementary school teacher. His uncle was my dad's eather. His cousin was in my class in Grade 6. I used to walk by his house every week.
    We were both dating someone else at the time but we became very good friends because we had so many things in common. We each broke up with our then bf/gf. After a few months we started "dating" and we met in person about a year later at the airport (I still giggle when I think about it!) Did long distance relationship for 3 years, meeting twice a year, until we got married. We are going to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary this year and we have 2 wonderful boys.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, but that was a not happy night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO and Davetherave like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Just discovered this thread Thanks Britanica for starting it and to those who shared their own stories. I tried PoF ages ago without luck. Guys - please look up the definition of 'buffed' I don't really care if you are or not but you should be if you say you are

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaelmo View Post

@Mamaelmo - it's just so cool to read this back from May , and to know now that you two have gotten married!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I've been having a little more luck on OK Cupid than PoF... seems like better quality lol. Haven't met anyone yet but I've had some really good conversations with a few different guys. One wants to meet and have coffee this weekend so we'll see how it goes.
    Silk, Lynn49 and Davetherave like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep I fell in love with a fella named Tarik in Morocco aka my ex nick in Illinois when I was 22. Fell in love all over again once I started to suspect it was my ex. We had dated in high school.
    ROMEO and Lynn49 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bad experience
    But I am using know this website and it's perfect https://en-ca.datinginsider.net/sex-apps
    Last edited by Thomas10; Wed, Sep 25th, 2019 at 12:44 PM.
    juliemadden likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I met my spouse online. Through POF. Also went on other dates prior. Some were creepy... safety first and make sure some one knows where you are and "who" you were going to meet

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information