• 1 Post By barbis9
  • 4 Post By xlxo
  • 2 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By ashp

Thread: Wind's Unlimited Talk & Text Plan for $25, with $20 Referral bonus

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I was looking for a reasonable plan for my son and I found Wind's talk & Text plan most reasonable (as far I know). Its regular rate is $25 but until September 30th, it will be $20 for first 6 months and then at regular price, and there is no contract.

Edit: Plan is now at regular price $25/ month but Referral bonus is still double for both parties instead of $10 it will be $20 (equal to one month payment) until Jan. 31, 2017.
    If any one interested can use my Referral from my signatures and thanks in advance.
    This thread is currently associated with: WIND Mobile
    Last edited by uanoor; Sat, Oct 8th, 2016 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Update
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Double check as this seems almost too good to be true. Do you have to buy a phone from them?
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

No I already had phone so only activate that with wind's sim. And its month to month, no contract.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Double check as this seems almost too good to be true. Do you have to buy a phone from them?
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and dededi like this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It might not be too good to be true, but it's too good to be in Atlantic Canada, I can tell you that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also... note that there doesnt seem to be any Data with that plan. Still, $20 for unlimited talk & text is pretty sweet.
    Newfiescreech, uanoor and barbis9 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Does he talk or text? I have pay as you go with Telus. I buy a $100 prepaid card with a one year expiry and have added messaging 250 (250 texts) for $5 a month. It works great for me as I rarely talk - just text. The $100 lasts a year as I spend $60 for texts and $40 on calls.

I have data turned off permanently with Telus as that eats your time (iPhone notifications are the worst) in less than a month.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sun, Sep 25th, 2016 at 11:19 AM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The thing about Wind.... COVERAGE. Especially indoors. When coverage is poor.... battery life is greatly shortened as the phone works harder to maintain a connection in standby mode.

Talk to friends, co-workers and neighbors if they ever used Wind.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post
    The thing about Wind.... COVERAGE. Especially indoors. When coverage is poor.... battery life is greatly shortened as the phone works harder to maintain a connection in standby mode.

Talk to friends, co-workers and neighbors if they ever used Wind.
    Yes coverage is a biggie. I agree with xlxo.
    Newfiescreech and mulock like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just got notification from Telus that messaging 250 will no longer be available after the end of October unless it is set up to be automatic withdrawal each month (which it is), I am keeping it as it is a gem.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Sep 27th, 2016 at 08:09 PM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have Wind and there service is okay/good. It's not amazing, but for my purposes it's ok. I go to York University and it has good coverage in most part, whereas in Guelph the coverage was spotty.There might be problems with coverage in large and tall buildings. There are big problems downtown. Even my wind coverage will fail in my home in certain spots, however it shouldn't be a problem for a student who is only talking and texting occasionally. Also, there is free wifi in most places around the GTA, so I use Whatsapp or Facebook Messenger to contact others when my wind coverage fails.
    uanoor likes this.

Thread Information