User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Walmart is so terrible!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I thought I was the only one with the sad looking produce. It's the only store that will PM across the province, but the quality is so bad there that I find grapes go moldy within a few days. Grapes from other stores last a week. Berries are dangerous, as are the onions. Basically, bananas, potatoes, carrots, and other root vegetables are okay. Everything else is questionable. Despite all their advertising, I've rarely seen fresh produce there.

I tried to buy apples last week as the orchards are starting to fill the other stores. At WM, they were lacquered within an inch of their lives and still squishy. I left to buy them from an ethnic grocery where they were shipped directly from the local farms.
    I would complain to Walmart's head office as they are really pushing the groceries, ordering online with pick up and I had a recent survey asking what percentage my grocery shopping was at Walmart. I answered truthfully - zero as I would rather shop in a grocery store than Walmart.
    Newfiescreech, xbbx, ROMEO and 1 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I would complain to Walmart's head office as they are really pushing the groceries, ordering online with pick up and I had a recent survey asking what percentage my grocery shopping was at Walmart. I answered truthfully - zero as I would rather shop in a grocery store than Walmart.
    I could complain, but that would give me more reasons to shop there. Given the shopping experience at other stores (not being hassled at checkout over coupons, fresh produce, shorter lineups, smaller and less maze-like stores, that awful parking lot, etc.) I'd really rather not go to Walmart if I didn't have to. I like going to Walmart like I like going to the dentist with a toothache.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yesterday: purchased two different bags of Tostitos chips marked at 'Buy any two for $5.00' Got to the checkout, they both scanned at regular price, of course. Cashier told me that once the transaction is finished I have to go to the service desk - this policy is crap. Anyway, Waited in line for about 10 minutes. It took another 10 minutes, two employees, and two calls to management for me to finally claim the SCOP on these damn chips. At first they were only going to give me the first bag for free until I had to explain that they're two different UPCs so I get both of them for free. Anyway, this turned a five minute quick trip into about a half hour nightmare. And people wonder why I don't shop there. Pshhhh. If it wasn't for DH wanting pop and chips yesterday there's no way I would have even thought about going there. I hate you Walmart!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I could complain, but that would give me more reasons to shop there. Given the shopping experience at other stores (not being hassled at checkout over coupons, fresh produce, shorter lineups, smaller and less maze-like stores, that awful parking lot, etc.) I'd really rather not go to Walmart if I didn't have to. I like going to Walmart like I like going to the dentist with a toothache.
    I agree - that is how I feel about Walmart.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't know that Walmart gives rain check before!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anne99 View Post
    At walmart the Dairyland butter is on sale in the flyer. I checked and they were all out of stock. Told customer service and they said they would offer me great value butter at the same price but I told the walmart employee that there wasn't any there either. She was forcing me to buy the walmart brand, great value. She told me that if there wasn't any great value butter she would give me a rain check. But she checked and there wasn't any butter just like I had said. This mean employee then proceeds to lie to my face and says walmart doesn't give rain checks. This girl was mental so I just left. Walmart is so terrible.

I have to add that the greeter looks like a convicted criminal. He never has ever said hi to me and he has been a greeter for a long time.

I LOL Big time at this..ha ha ha

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Not sure about the Walmart you go but the one near me has to have the nastiest grocery carts of all the stores that I visit. The ones there all have rust on them and you are thankful that the one that you take doesn't have that loud click click click noise when you push it because there is something stuck to atleast one of the wheels. They also don't have the smaller cart for a quick in and out run

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes. i dont think they give raincheck either
    Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Walmart doesn't give rain cheques as far as I know.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I my Walmart.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmart has not given IOUs since March 1/16. On the off chance that they are out of stock on an item in the flyer, they can substitute something comparative/tantamount in its place at the flyer cost.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information