User Tag List

Page 523 of 613 FirstFirst ... 23 423 473 513 521 522 523 524 525 533 573 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 9181
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

You log in to the Optimum app using your card so keep just the one card #

If you deactivate the card on your tablet, you can get a new one by logging in again but will get a new card number.
    ROMEO and Silk like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    You log in to the Optimum app using your card so keep just the one card #

If you deactivate the card on your tablet, you can get a new one by logging in again but will get a new card number.
    Thanks, so I'll keep the one I have since I do log in on my tablet often.

I should look into DLing the Optimum app - I heard there are bonus points involved for doing that

Thank again, FP!

Silk
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    I hope you get your points back as soon as possible. Please let us know the result of the investigation.
    I received an email from one of the Managers this afternoon. The investigation is ongoing, but I have been re-credited with the points that were taken from my account.

I'm assuming that I probably won't hear the outcome of the investigation. The person who stole the points would be easy to identify because they know the date, time and location of the transaction ... all they would have to do is pull the footage of the surveillance tape to see them. From what was said in the email it sounds like I wasn't the only one.

I wasn't given any information on how they got my card number except that my account itself was secure, but as a safeguard to change my password (which I did while I was on the phone to them on Friday).
    Last edited by Colsgirl; Mon, Dec 19th, 2016 at 07:38 PM.
    ROMEO, Silk, hcao and 4 others like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    I received an email from one of the Managers this afternoon. The investigation is ongoing, but I have been re-credited with the points that were taken from my account.

I'm assuming that I probably won't hear the outcome of the investigation. The person who stole the points would be easy to identify because they know the date, time and location of the transaction ... all they would have to do is pull the footage of the surveillance tape to see them. From what was said in the email it sounds like I wasn't the only one.

I wasn't given any information on how they got my card number except that my account itself was secure, but as a safeguard to change my password (which I did while I was on the phone to them on Friday).
    Hey Colsgirl - I'm glad you got your points back If you get any details about the investigation, please let us know. I'm in Quebec so I'm curious - and can't help but wonder if it's related to the managers and/or cashiers in at least 2 stores here who were swiping a card to collect the points when customers don't have one.

On changing your password - I don't want to worry you but I don't think that's enough. The person who stole points from you may not have done it via your online account. If they somehow stole your card #, they could clone your card very easily and use it to redeem when they see you have enough points. It's very easy to scan the card at any loblaw's store to get the points balance. A credit card of mine was cloned even thought it was never lost or stolen. The bank explained to me how easy it was to clone a card - and that was about 10 years ago - I'm sure it's even easier now with new technology.

You may want to consider getting a new card and asking them to transfer the balance just as a precaution. It's what i would do - but then again I'm a worry-wart And like others, I don't let my points build up - if nothing else, I cash them in for gift cards. That was your advice to us after what happened and I think it's good advice

Thanks again for the reminder to safeguard and check our accounts

Silk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Hey Colsgirl - I'm glad you got your points back If you get any details about the investigation, please let us know. I'm in Quebec so I'm curious - and can't help but wonder if it's related to the managers and/or cashiers in at least 2 stores here who were swiping a card to collect the points when customers don't have one.

On changing your password - I don't want to worry you but I don't think that's enough. The person who stole points from you may not have done it via your online account. If they somehow stole your card #, they could clone your card very easily and use it to redeem when they see you have enough points. It's very easy to scan the card at any loblaw's store to get the points balance. A credit card of mine was cloned even thought it was never lost or stolen. The bank explained to me how easy it was to clone a card - and that was about 10 years ago - I'm sure it's even easier now with new technology.

You may want to consider getting a new card and asking them to transfer the balance just as a precaution. It's what i would do - but then again I'm a worry-wart And like others, I don't let my points build up - if nothing else, I cash them in for gift cards. That was your advice to us after what happened and I think it's good advice

Thanks again for the reminder to safeguard and check our accounts

Silk
    Thanks for the suggestion, I think I will get a new card, that is a good idea and then when I link it to my account I can deactivate the other! At the moment my account is set so no one can redeem.
    ROMEO, Silk, Poirot and 2 others like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I will get a new card, that is a good idea and then when I link it to my account I can deactivate the other! At the moment my account is set so no one can redeem.
    You're welcome. Sounds like a plan! We've got to help each other out to guard our hard-earned points!

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Tue, Dec 20th, 2016 at 01:18 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Your card was never compromised... how do i know ? because it happened to me. Consider this, the scanner misread someone else card's barcode to yours and that person can redeem your points thinking it was their own card. This is what happened to me last week, I bought eggs, Aveeno (which was on my offer) but never got the points. I noticed the card number (card: *******XXX*) on the receipt was totally different than mine. I emailed them and they gave my points back but offered no explanation. This is rare but it does happen from time to time.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

When I worked at Zellers, a cashier was fired for doing this with Club Z points. I know it was considered stealing for that company

Also @Silk you do get a new card number for each device. One time my battery was dead so I signed into my account on DH's phone, then a new card number appeared in my account that was specifically labelled as a second iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    After reading Colsgirl's post, I went in to check my card settings and found a pcplus card # I don't recognize. I checked my transactions for the last 12 months and that card has not been used at least during that period.

I physically have my pcplus card on me as well as 2 of the key tags fobs - although I think I might have had 3 fobs when I first got my card and they later changed it to 2 - anyone else remember this? I could be mistaken. The fobs do have a different number than the big card but they are still different from the unfamiliar one on my account.

I have never lost or replaced my pcplus card - can’t figure out where that card # came from. And I am the only user on that account.

At one of the Provigo stores I shop at, I have seen several cashiers scan either their own card or a ‘new’ card when people don’t have a pcplus card. Apparently they are suppose to give the card to the customer but I have never seen that. I’ve seen them use the same card for multiple customers and never once have I seen them offer the card to the customer. When they have done it to me - its happened multiple times - they always have to cancel/undo the transaction when they see I have a pcplus card. I’ve not seen this happen at other Provigo stores I shop at. Someone I know saw this at her store also. We think they are ‘stealing’ points. Anyone else seen this happen at their store?

But I don’t see how one of those cards could end up on my account.

Any thoughts?

Silk
    Silk and Davetherave like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexyphil View Post
    To see what items are applicable to an offer just log into shop.loblaws.ca or shop.superstore.ca and click on pc plus offers and you can click on any offer and it shows the products it will apply to.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Great idea, thanks

It worked for all other offers except the christie/cadbury offer.
    sweetmomma likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sauro88 View Post
    Your card was never compromised... how do i know ? because it happened to me. Consider this, the scanner misread someone else card's barcode to yours and that person can redeem your points thinking it was their own card. This is what happened to me last week, I bought eggs, Aveeno (which was on my offer) but never got the points. I noticed the card number (card: *******XXX*) on the receipt was totally different than mine. I emailed them and they gave my points back but offered no explanation. This is rare but it does happen from time to time.
    I disagree with this, if my card was never compromised then it would have been someone doing their regular shop who probably would have added points at the same time as redeeming them. This was someone who knew that there was $50 on the card that could be redeemed and spent $54.95. I could see it more being an accident if they spent say $125 and redeemed $50. But when they know exactly how much they can spend that means somehow they got the points balance of the card. See the transaction log below, I have blanked out the personal shopping details that are mine, but left it so you can see the headings.

Name:  pcplus.png
Views: 873
Size:  23.5 KB

I went into my account tonight to check the cards and deactivate all the ones that are not PC Financial and the # of the iPhone app card used to empty my points was listed in my account. There was my iPhone (that I got 3 weeks ago) and another one that was nothing to do with me - so I looked at my iPhone card number and then took great delight in deactivating the other one. I only ever use my phone for checking points and loading offers, so I am quite happy for it to remain as collecting points only!
    Last edited by Colsgirl; Tue, Dec 20th, 2016 at 11:48 PM.
    Thumpersmom, Silk, Poirot and 3 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

^ I agree with you Colsgirl. It sounds like you put all the pieces together - well all the pieces you have. Pretty smart of you

Silk
    Colsgirl and Davetherave like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    When I worked at Zellers, a cashier was fired for doing this with Club Z points. I know it was considered stealing for that company

Also @Silk you do get a new card number for each device. One time my battery was dead so I signed into my account on DH's phone, then a new card number appeared in my account that was specifically labelled as a second iPhone.
    Thanks for confirming what FP said, torontogal!

I've also heard of cashiers at SDM using their own optimum card to swipe points. Not recently but a while ago.

Interestingly, I was at that Provigo store and customers were being asked if they had a pcplus card. This hasn't always been the case - when they were swiping their own card/the unknown card, they would just do it - which is why they had to undo my transaction on at last a couple of occasions.

And I didn't see any cards being scanned this time when customers said they didn't have a card.

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Thu, Dec 22nd, 2016 at 04:10 PM.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    I think a case purchase counts as one item thus the 200 points. If you purchased 12 individual items then you would have gotten 12 x 200 points
    Sent a query and they gave me the 2200 points. I was really pleasantly surprised as I figured the case purchase was probably going to count as one.
    ROMEO, Silk, lecale and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Managed to get out and score this neat deal at superstore
    7 boxes of Christie Triscuit crackers @1.33 each (PMed Loblaws)....$2.00 claimed on CO51
    2 boxes of Dad's @1.99 each (RCSS) ......$1.00 claimed on CO51
    2 boxes of Fudgee-o @1.88 each (RCSS).....$1.00 CO51
    2 boxes of Maple Leaf cookie @1.88 (RCSS) ....$1.00 CO51

Total spent $20.75.....PCpoints 10000 +2000 (personal Triscuit offer) +600 in store bonus for Dad's , $5.00 cash back

7 boxes of crackers and 6 boxes of cookies for $3.15
    Last edited by IthinkIcan; Wed, Dec 21st, 2016 at 11:29 PM.
    couponlady, Colsgirl, Silk and 7 others like this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can someone give me an example of points offers? I am considering switching to No Frills for my grocery shopping, but it is farther away and I want to know if the points will make up for the inconvenience. Thanks!
    Davetherave likes this.

Thread Information