User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: We were just in the right place , right time😉

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We went to local pizza place in our area. Planned to take out for our dinner tonight. We don't know that they close at 9pm. We thought that they close at the latter time. We were there at 9:02pm. I went back inside the car and planned to check other pizza place. DH saw the pizza guy waving his hand to us. He send me back to the store thinking that we can still buy pizza since its just 2 minutes after they closed. To our surprise, the guy give me 1 box of medium Hawaian and a medium of Canadian, plus 2 bags of bread sticks for FREE. We wouldn't say NO for a free dinner. Were doing a happy dance right now😊.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by dzjhow; Sun, Jan 22nd, 2017 at 02:29 AM.
    Colsgirl, super_e, dagney and 37 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Wow!! Sounds like a great dinner.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You bet.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Yummy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, ticul and 3 others like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nice work!

Many fresh-to-order eateries like this have ingredients that wont survive overnight (and still preserve the quality)... such as pizza/bread dough, and other ingredients that have already been thawed, or opened, prepped and exposed. In some cases the health policies wouldnt even allow restaurants to keep them the next day -- even if the average HOME user would/could.

So in their mind, they would have just thrown the food away anyway, wasting it. But to your benefit they treated you to dinner.

Now, I wouldnt encourage anyone to commonly hang around restaurants at closing time looking for handouts... but to their credit, and in this instance, they made you happy. It's a gesture of kindness and generosity that you won't soon forget, and Im willing to bet that the next time you're looking for a pizza, you'll be back to that pizzeria first as a result. (although not expecting free dinner the next time)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Awww! Good for you. Good things happen to good people and it is nice to see that there is good people out there. It was meant to be. A awesome meal for a GREAT price..........................................
    barbis9, Ciel, dzjhow and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

very nice of them to offer you that meal!! Congrats.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Nice work!

Many fresh-to-order eateries like this have ingredients that wont survive overnight (and still preserve the quality)... such as pizza/bread dough, and other ingredients that have already been thawed, or opened, prepped and exposed. In some cases the health policies wouldnt even allow restaurants to keep them the next day -- even if the average HOME user would/could.

So in their mind, they would have just thrown the food away anyway, wasting it. But to your benefit they treated you to dinner.

Now, I wouldnt encourage anyone to commonly hang around restaurants at closing time looking for handouts... but to their credit, and in this instance, they made you happy. It's a gesture of kindness and generosity that you won't soon forget, and Im willing to bet that the next time you're looking for a pizza, you'll be back to that pizzeria first as a result. (although not expecting free dinner the next time)
    Unfortunately places like Tim Hortons will toss all the donuts in the garbage at closing and refuse to give freebies which is a shame. I lost track of how many hard donuts I have bought at Tim's that should have been given away.
    avoncallingu, Ciel, dzjhow and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh nice of them to give you a free supper
    avoncallingu, Ciel, dzjhow and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Love it!! It's things like that, that will make you want to give them your business next time!
    avoncallingu, Ciel, dzjhow and 2 others like this.
    Get Motivated, get Inspired, get FIT - Follow me ~ https://www.facebook.com/ForeverFITCourtney/

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ticul View Post
    Awww! Good for you. Good things happen to good people and it is nice to see that there is good people out there. It was meant to be. A awesome meal for a GREAT price..........................................
    its totally free of charge, my 9 year old was amazed, she told me "what? I don't get it, its free without using your coupons?��".

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Lol @you r 9 yo comment in reference to cpns. .Glad you were able to get the food than it landing in the garbage bin...uhmmm..u wanna share the address so I can go try my luck too? ����..just kidding.
    avoncallingu, Ciel, dzjhow and 2 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

��, its the Louis Pizza in Harvest Hills, Calgary, AB. In case you come close to this place.
    Ciel, plc and dededi like this.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Our family had a similar experience like this once. It was in a large Hospital in another city. We were there with a sick family member and a tired lot of us went down to the cafeteria to buy a sandwich and coffee after things had settled down a bit. The girl was just locking up and said she was sorry but that the only thing open would be vending machines for coffee. I mentioned we were from out of town, super tired and hungry but could not leave our family member for long so asked if there was anywhere close by to go. . She said, " Just a minute." A few minutes later she returned with a big bag full of sandwiches. " These are good she said but we have to throw them out at the end of our shift and make fresh the next day". You are a real sweet heart I said. It was kind of cute when when she said , " Please don't Thank anyone for these as my Boss might not think I'm that sweet and i would probably get in trouble. LOl. I will never forget her kindness
    Last edited by Scottishgal; Sun, Jan 29th, 2017 at 03:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information