User Tag List

Page 52 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I don't think anyone "gets it" unless they've walked in our shoes.
    That is part of the difficulty in living with this.
    Suicide is not the answer, it is a cop out as DW would say.
    The wind blowing through your hair, the sun shining down upon you, the song of a bird, the smell of a new baby. All are blessings.
    Somehow we each make a difference in our own little part of the world.
    Knowing I am not alone through my struggles helps. I wanna cry now.
    Awwww, Skippy what you say is so true. I wish everyone had a pain free existence but it doesn't seem to happen that way. A true test of who you are is living and being a good person, helping, loving and being happy even though you may be in pain, you still let the sun shine in, and when you do that, it almost makes you forget. Suicide is never an answer. Life riddled with pain is still better than death.

I have problems, but my problems seem so minor compared to what you all have to endure. I always think about you guys and hope that one day you have a way to live without the pain anymore and can enjoy life even more
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    Awwww, Skippy what you say is so true. I wish everyone had a pain free existence but it doesn't seem to happen that way. A true test of who you are is living and being a good person, helping, loving and being happy even though you may be in pain, you still let the sun shine in, and when you do that, it almost makes you forget. Suicide is never an answer. Life riddled with pain is still better than death.

I have problems, but my problems seem so minor compared to what you all have to endure. I always think about you guys and hope that one day you have a way to live without the pain anymore and can enjoy life even more
    Thanks so much..I hope we all too will be pain FREE!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Today my feet both feel busted, I am so afraid of losing the ability to walk. It is also causing me to growl like a bear
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

OMG Skippy...has this happens before-like this bad--should you go to the ER?
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    OMG Skippy...has this happens before-like this bad--should you go to the ER?
    Thanks for the concern, but both feet have been busted at one time or another. Unfortunately today they are together.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Oh dear, I was having comp probs over the weekend & am only reading this now. I'm so sorry everyone had so much pain the last few days.

& it's true, others just don't get it. I'm not one to whine, so my friends treat me the way they always did. Unfortunately, that often means they put demands on me that I'm incapable of. Not really their fault, although I do get a smidge annoyed when I tell them that something's too much for me & they tell me it's only because I'm not used to it & maybe I should get into a routine & get back into shape. The irony is that one of the worst offenders has pain issues of her own, but still doesn't get it that for me it's not just about pain, but it's also fatigue & general malaise. I once mentioned that if it weren't for my stubborn streak, I'd be a shut-in, unable to get out of bed, & was told not to be so melodramatic. Sigh.

I'm in a bit more pain than usual this morning. Elevators weren't working, so had to go down 100 or so stairs, then back up, along with a teeny walk with the doggy. Why oh why didn't I insist the cat let her share his litterbox?

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I spoke to my pharmacist and she gave me a couple of suggestions and so far they are working so double the pills and I have been more like my old self. They don't make the pain go away they just make it easier to tolerate. Now if my feet and legs would stop falling asleep or cramping, oh well I can't have everything : )

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Tidytaurus - try increasing your water intake (if allowed). It will ease the cramping if you're even the slightest bit dehydrated. I now drink a glass of water before I go to bed. Better to be awakened with the need to use the bathroom, than shooting pains.

Also, to help with stomach issues, I used to be on ranitidine (same as Zantac but as prescription). The drugs I'm on are pretty nasty, so this helps. Luckily I have a cast iron stomach (not so thick as before, but I can still tolerate more than most), so I don't take them anymore.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Tidytaurus - try increasing your water intake (if allowed). It will ease the cramping if you're even the slightest bit dehydrated. I now drink a glass of water before I go to bed. Better to be awakened with the need to use the bathroom, than shooting pains.

Also, to help with stomach issues, I used to be on ranitidine (same as Zantac but as prescription). The drugs I'm on are pretty nasty, so this helps. Luckily I have a cast iron stomach (not so thick as before, but I can still tolerate more than most), so I don't take them anymore.
    Wow ..you are lucky with your stomach...mine sure is not
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thx for the tip, on my way to LD to pick up some.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry folks for your difficulties, hopefully things become as normal as can be sooner than later.
    As for me I did too much today and my hind paws as well as my front left paw hurt. Luckily not my typing one.
    In a foul mood because of it all too.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Still going to the chiro 3x a week...has anyone else seen a chiro??
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Wow ..you are lucky with your stomach...mine sure is not
    That I am. I was the weird kid that munched on cloves of garlic for a snack.

Quote Originally Posted by tidytaurus View Post
    Thx for the tip, on my way to LD to pick up some.
    If you mean Zantac, also try contacting the company directly. I think they're one of the ones that will send out a sample (I know they used to, not sure if they still do). Also get your Dr to give you some samples next time you're there.

Is the extra water helping (might be too soon to know)?

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    As for me I did too much today and my hind paws as well as my front left paw hurt. Luckily not my typing one.
    In a foul mood because of it all too.
    Oh dear, I'm sorry you're in so much pain.

Silly question, have you ever tried soaking your feet? You don't have to use special scented foot baths, I find even a soak using a few drops of dish washing liquid can help (yes, it sounds weird, but so am I ).

I probably could use the help of one, but I've been told I'm not allowed by the transplant folks (cause of the extra body parts I've got I suppose ).

Do you find it makes a difference for you? Have you tried any exercises to strengthen your back & neck muscles? I had an appt with a rheumatologist at one point who told me that many back problems can be resolved by doing neck exercises (it never dawned on me that weak neck muscles could lead to pains further down one's spine).

Hope everyone feels a bit better today.

I'm still in a smidge of pain, but better than yesterday. Serves me right for still being in pain, I went out last night to see Legally Blonde when I should have been napping. Yeah, I'm one of those that never learn.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I haven't for personal reasons, but I know others who swear by them.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    That I am. I was the weird kid that munched on cloves of garlic for a snack.

Silly question, have you ever tried soaking your feet? You don't have to use special scented foot baths, I find even a soak using a few drops of dish washing liquid can help (yes, it sounds weird, but so am I ).

I'm still in a smidge of pain, but better than yesterday. Serves me right for still being in pain, I went out last night to see Legally Blonde when I should have been napping. Yeah, I'm one of those that never learn.

You're still the weird kid, only older. But you have a heart of compassion for many.

As for my feet, I haven't soaked them lately. They are a mess from the inserts, and I'm not very pleased considering the money.
    However, I'll be back to see them ONE last time.

I was wanting to take DD to see Legally Blonde, but the truck needed much money.
    How was the show? Same as/Different than the movie?
    I would like to see Rock of Ages, but spent money previously for Wicked for DD B.day

Here's to a pain free day for all, or the strength to endure.

Page 52 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information