User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Your help please, doing Brands You Love promo

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I’m planning to do the “Brands You Love” offer (4k pts wub $15). I’m a few pennies short of $15 and looking for ideas of what I can buy as a filler. The brands are: Life, PC, Joe Fresh, Quo, and No Name. I would appreciate any ideas!

Also, wondering if anyone else has done this promo and if you had trouble getting the points? It didn’t work when I tested it in store but Optimum HQ says just call to have points added.

Thanks!

ETA: I just noticed that President's Choice and Stylize are also included in the promo.

Edit #2: Ok, Stylize is in the small print (when you click for details) but not in the big print...
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Jul 2nd, 2017 at 02:09 AM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I’m planning to do the “Brands You Love” offer (4k pts wub $15). I’m a few pennies short of $15 and looking for ideas of what I can buy as a filler. The brands are: Life, PC, Joe Fresh, Quo, and No Name.I would appreciate any ideas!

Also, wondering if anyone else has done this promo and if you had trouble getting the points? It didn’t work when I tested it in store but Optimum HQ says just call to have points added.

Thanks!
    Most weeks, you can find some kind of No Name tuna product for a buck, maybe a bit more; e.g. tuna, chips, etc. And I had NP getting the points last week.
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Most weeks, you can find some kind of No Name tuna product for a buck, maybe a bit more; e.g. tuna, chips, etc. And I had NP getting the points last week.
    Thanks, Arjon. I haven't had a lot of success with the couple of No Name food items i've tried but I will check it out!
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Had no issues last week buying no name eggs and chips!
    Silk and Ciel like this.
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mel View Post
    Had no issues last week buying no name eggs and chips!
    Wow, the eggs are no name? Did not know that!

Yippee, I just went to look at the carton I have and I see where it says no name. That's great. I looked in the circular and didn't see it listed as no name but there it is on the carton.

I still welcome other ideas as I plan to do this promo 2-3 time before it is over (July 14).

Thanks @Super Mel
    Last edited by Silk; Tue, Jun 27th, 2017 at 10:23 PM.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I always do tissues. This week .69 each. Always need them.
    Silk, Ciel and csaund21 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I always do tissues. This week .69 each. Always need them.
    i usually always need them too - but I just bought 2 x 6 packs of royale, plus have a few other boxes. But I'll keep it in mind - you never know! Thanks, Cake (mmm. I could go for some cake right now! lol)
    Ciel and Cake like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The first week I had a 10x burger point offer so combined that and 99 cent pop. Shopping buddy did burgers and $1 chips.
    Second week we were like little kids in a candy store because of clearance sales. granola bars 97cents, bran flakes and cookies $1.08.
    No problems getting the 4000bp with the 500bp granola bar offer. So PC Blue Menu works too.
    Natalka, Silk and Ciel like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrewr View Post
    The first week I had a 10x burger point offer so combined that and 99 cent pop. Shopping buddy did burgers and $1 chips.
    Second week we were like little kids in a candy store because of clearance sales. granola bars 97cents, bran flakes and cookies $1.08.
    No problems getting the 4000bp with the 500bp granola bar offer. So PC Blue Menu works too.
    Ok, will check out some Blue Menu items - thanks sirandrewr And sounds like you got some great deals - don't you just love clearance sales?!
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thanks, Arjon. I haven't had a lot of success with the couple of No Name food items i've tried but I will check it out!
    In the bigger picture, if buying something for $1 or so represents the difference between getting and not getting the 4000 bonus points, you still come out well ahead by buying a food item to donate to your local food bank since those 4000 points is worth at least $5 depending on your redemption level. The main difference is that those points cost you ~$1 rather than being completely "free".
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

The no name cupcake liners are regular price $1.49 at my SDM. I also like the LB glycerin soap, which is $2.79 I think. I can't use body wash, and this is a decent price for a bar of glycerin soap.

My store has a good food section, and I buy a lot of PC products, so the $15 is easy for me to reach.
    Silk, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    In the bigger picture, if buying something for $1 or so represents the difference between getting and not getting the 4000 bonus points, you still come out well ahead by buying a food item to donate to your local food bank since those 4000 points is worth at least $5 depending on your redemption level. The main difference is that those points cost you ~$1 rather than being completely "free".
    Definitely I will pick up something to qualify for the promo - just prefer to pick up something i can use even if I have to pay a bit more
    Ciel likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    The no name cupcake liners are regular price $1.49 at my SDM. I also like the LB glycerin soap, which is $2.79 I think. I can't use body wash, and this is a decent price for a bar of glycerin soap.
    My store has a good food section, and I buy a lot of PC products, so the $15 is easy for me to reach.
    I don't need any cupcake liners but I may check out the LB glycerin soap. Thanks for those suggestions, super807 And I do have PC food products I buy but since I hope to do this promo 2-3 times, I want to keep each purchase as close to $15 as possible
    Last edited by Silk; Wed, Jun 28th, 2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Definitely I will pick up something to qualify for the promo - just prefer to pick up something i can use even if I have to pay a bit more
    I'm with you there. I've come pretty close to buying something to donate a few times, but have always found something for our own use.
    Newfiescreech, Silk and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'd suggest you look for clearance sections not in food but maybe near post office or pharmacy or even near cash to see if discontinued PC or NN or Life brand items are priced for under a dollar. The PC fruit treats don't have as much flavour as brand name ones but in a pinch for sweets, they'll do.
    Newfiescreech and sweetmomma like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information