User Tag List

Page 1 of 233 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree7607Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

https://www.pcoptimum.ca/

https://www.facebook.com/pcoptimum/

Earn and spend your points at almost 2,500 locations across the country.

Get points in-store, online, at points events and through personalized offers with your online account.

Every 10,000 points is like $10 worth of free stuff.

****Earn 15 points on almost every dollar you spend at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix.

Earn points even faster with a PC Financial Mastercard.

Redeem your PC Optimum points at special “spend your points” events to get even more value.

Expired pc plus thread https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/352518-pc-plus-programme-canada/#post5426350
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Sat, Feb 10th, 2018 at 01:36 PM.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Been waiting for this to happen for a while now, I think it'll be nice to earn across SDM and Loblaws stores. Hopefully, in my case, I can keep separate PCO accounts (I.E. My Optimum + PC Credit Act. = One PCO Act., PC Scan Act. = Another PCO Act.)

I always have Optimum points that I never use because I just can't spend anything at Shoppers (aside from a few dollars here and there), this way, those few points I earn I can use them at PC stores instead!
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wonder if the 20x the points days will still work ($50 before coupons?)
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

barbis9 and Ciel like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

New program - 15 points per $1 spent at Shoppers instead of 10. However, Redemption levels are now the same as PC was - 10,000 pts = $1. So in a nutshell, before, 95,000 points would get you $170 on a regular redemption, now in the same amount of points it took to earn 95,000 points you should be able to earn 142,500 points, so basically on redemption you lose out on $28. May still be better overall being able to spend those points at a No Frills versus Shoppers which is pretty much marked up 50% at least.
    It says they still plan to hold 20x and super redemption events.
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Earn and spend your points at almost 2,500 locations across the country.

Get points in-store, online, at points events and through personalized offers with your online account.

Every 10,000 points is like $10 worth of free stuff.

Earn 15 points on almost every dollar you spend at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix.

Earn points even faster with a PC Financial Mastercard.

Redeem your PC Optimum points at special “spend your points” events to get even more value.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Initially the transfer of your points you won t lose out on any.
    We will now be earning 15 points per dollar on a 20x day you will earn 15000 on $50 and it will be worth $15
    So you are earning more
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Wed, Nov 8th, 2017 at 03:35 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, 4sure5 and 1 others like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oooh i'm so looking forward to this! we have about $200 worth of combined optimum points between all our cards that's just sitting there. no frills is much more of our shop than sdm. i like that they lowered the redemption minimum too. i'm looking forward to the "free" groceries to come. although i'm guessing earning points will be harder now, and slower. but i feel like i haven't been shopping at SDM that much this year anyways.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trying to figure out conversation rates/value per point etc makes my head spin and I know there are plenty of others who can do it so I'll leave that part to the experts, but in reading through the fine details this particular point caught my eye and is something I consider a nice benefit/upgrade: "The maximum value of PC Optimum points that you can redeem in one transaction is $500.00, or such higher amount as may be set by us from time to time."

If we can redeem these at SDM, it'll be nice for big ticket items that go over the $170 (or $200 on bonus redemption days) max.
    barbis9, Ciel, 4sure5 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've been spending less & less money/time at Shoppers in the last couple of years, so I'm looking forward to this. I think I kind of got wore out on planning how to earn the most points with spending the least amount of money.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The__Rock View Post
    So in a nutshell, before, 95,000 points would get you $170 on a regular redemption, now in the same amount of points it took to earn 95,000 points you should be able to earn 142,500 points, so basically on redemption you lose out on $28.
    In order for your statement to be correct, the total spend necessary to get 142.5k PCO will have to be the same as the current total spend to get 95k Opt points. There doesn't seem to be enough detail to support this assumption. It might happen, but it seems premature to conclude that it will.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by rockco; Wed, Nov 8th, 2017 at 08:59 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, 4sure5 and 1 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Couponer View Post
    I wonder if the 20x the points days will still work ($50 before coupons?)
    Good question - I, too, would like to know if coupons will (continue to) work toward promotions. SDM coupon policy says yes, pc plus says no - even though it works for most of us most of the time. But last week it didn't work for me and when I called pcplus, they said it was because I used coupons that brought my total below the wus level to get my bonus points. First time I've had a problem. And they told me the times it worked for me must have been flukes! Got my points in the end as a 'goodwill gesture' but makes me wary about future pcplus promos.
    barbis9, Ciel and astaa like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Fwiw, I suspect that the new program will have a mix of pros and cons that will vary from one person to the next depending on the specifics of how it's implemented as well as our individual buying patterns and redemption preferences.

For example, it's seldom easy for me to put together a single purchase at SDM that totals enough so I can redeem 38k for $60, never mind 95k for $170. It will be much easier for me to spend $10, be it at SDM, NF or wherever, and to do so without having to consider whether I should hold onto those points in order to get more value per point by redeeming at a higher level.

However, I don't know how much I'll have to spend on average per $1 worth of PCO points received. I do know for Opt., for PC+, and also for my personal weighted blend of the two. And that seems like the key unknown, quite possibly the single most important factor in how good or bad the new PCO program will be for me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm wondering if they'll still do bonus redemptions as good as what they currently have....

I have 450,000 optimum points right now - trying to figure out if I should redeem them all in December with bonus redemptions or hang on to them for conversion to use at zehrs.
    barbis9, Ciel and astaa like this.

Page 1 of 233 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information