User Tag List

Page 6 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast
Like Tree7607Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

the things she was very sure on was yes there will still be all the things that makes the shoppers program great.. the spend your points events, the bonus points event the 20x points events, the personalized coupons and she was pretty solid on them keeping the tier system but didn't know about how the breakdowns would be, if she finds out more info she'll let me know she said she does have hand out at work that she'll grab for me that may have more detailed info
    barbis9, Ciel, innaor and 2 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    Not necessarily earning more. Because of the way that I redeem, I value 1,000 Optimum points as worth $2. So the 10K points I would earn for spending $50 on a 20x day were worth $20 for me.

I have mixed feelings about this merger.

1. Am happy they are "converting at full points value", but for me, it's a little less than how I have valued points. The converter tells me my 109,500 current Optimum points will be valued at $188. I would have valued it at $219. So losing about $20 if I wait to have converted. Maybe I will redeem them later this month (hopefully they have a Spend Your Points Event)

2. Am happy to be able to use my points at RCSS or YIG or SDM, but think that within a year, I will be earning less points, and that they will be worth less, that I did when the two programs were separate.
    The converter is now fixed, and your 109,500 pts is converting to 195,945, so = $196.
    I assume your statement that for you 1,000 Optimum points = $2, takes into consideration those special redemption days when you redeem 95,000pts for $170 worth of stuff, and get bonus points added back to your account, since max. redemption rate of 1.789 yields $1.78 per 1,000pts? But hey either way, that's close enough to $2 isn't it.
    Last edited by Pointsman; Sat, Nov 11th, 2017 at 09:29 AM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    the things she was very sure on was yes there will still be all the things that makes the shoppers program great.. the spend your points events, the bonus points event the 20x points events, the personalized coupons and she was pretty solid on them keeping the tier system but didn't know about how the breakdowns would be, if she finds out more info she'll let me know she said she does have hand out at work that she'll grab for me that may have more detailed info
    To me, a former national marketing manager, it makes a good deal of sense that the SDM side of PCO will be implemented in a manner that`s relatively similar to what we`re used to, mainly for the obvious reason, the natural tendency of customers to question and to react negatively to things that are unfamiliar. Basically, the more unfamiliarity, the more discomfort we`d feel, leading to more of us reacting more adversely.
    This is hardly the only consideration; marketing is considerably more involved and complex than many people realise. For example, the farther away the drug side of PCO moves from the current program, the less useful the years of data collected from the OPT program becomes in terms of things like predicting how well various offers, events and promos will drive incremental business, which factors into decisions like how much inventory to buy and how to distribute it based on historical regionality trends.
    barbis9, Ciel, innaor and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks to Anna Michele for starting this thread ... lots of good comments / questions have come forth which are all helping us understand the implications.

It was only because of the SmartCanuck forum, that I realized, how good the SDM loyalty program is; unfortunately, that was just in the last year or so, but recently had managed to accumulate 95,000+ pts, so redeemable at the highest value ... 1.789.

Since then, and especially since this news, we've taken advantage of a few promos / and personal coupon offers, like 8,000pts wus $30, 20x pts wus $50 (today) and my wife just transferred her 19,000 approx. pts today, to my account, to take advantage of the upcoming one time Conversion opportunity at 1.789 factor.

I/we now have just under 150,000. which converts to approx. 268,000 PC Optimum pts. so $268 for Gift Cards, PC Mobile, etc. Yippee!

Overall verdict: 2 thumbs up.
    Last edited by Pointsman; Sat, Nov 11th, 2017 at 08:50 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Any opinions on possible benefits of delaying converting the points?

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Trying to figure out some options. I think the SDM points over 95,000 convert at the highest level. So that means having all the points on 1 card (assuming over 95,000 points) at the time of conversion is the best bang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Provided you have at least 22k total points, it will be best to have them all on one card even if they total less than 95k. It won't matter if you have fewer than 22k since they'll all be converted at $1.25 per 1000 (the 8k=$10 rate), but for example, if you have three accounts with 8k each, they'll convert individually to 10000 PCO points (so $10 x 3 = $30), while combining them on a single account will mean they convert to 32727, so $32.73.
    The question that some people will face shortly before the changeover is whether to redeem if there's an appealing opportunity available that will drop them below 95k. For instance, if you have 100k, they will convert to 178,947. But if you redeem 50k, the remaining 50k will convert to 85,000 which is only 47.5% of 178,947, not 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Would appreciate some opinions on this...
    Those of us in Quebec received this in the announcement and info re: the merged programs:
    "As a Pharmaprix Optimum member, you will have until Wednesday, May 2, 2018 to either convert your Pharmaprix Optimum points to PC Optimum points (as outlined above) or redeem them, after which point they will no longer be honoured."
    and
    "Pharmaprix Optimum points will no longer be issued after January 31, 2018. If you would like to start to earn PC Optimum points, you must join the program in store or online as outlined above."
    So I can delay converting until May 2, 2018 but in the meantime I would earn no points at either Pharmaprix (SDM) or Provigo (Loblaws) stores. Can anyone think of what advantage it would be to delay converting? The only one I can think of is some of us will be getting an Optimum points payout as a result of the class action suit that was settled earlier this year against Pharmaprix. If I can add them to my existing points total which is 95K+, they will be worth more/convert at the highest level - assuming the payout is less than 95K - as per the discussion posted from @Cake and @Arjon
    The payout per qualified Optimum member will only be known at time of distribution - no idea when that will be.
    What do you all think?
    Thanks,
    Silk
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

They have been doing like questionnaire answers period on facebook.
    They said we will still be able to push our pc offers. They did nt redpond if the same can be done for sdm offers (fingers cross)
    They said there will be offers for both and offers for each individual "stores" ie sdm and liblaws will have some of the same and some store specific. Everyine will be clearly labeled in the app
    The sdm 20x and other awesome earning offers will still be offers. (i meant to ask about our monday wed friday offers)
    No base points earned at loblaws that will remain the same.
    Many things will remain the same essentially each will have their own offers

Sent from my E2306 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Tue, Nov 14th, 2017 at 04:28 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and illa like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just got one of my fav SDM offers ... 8,000pts wus $30, good Nov 15th only. I usually try to take advantage of this promo, as $30 is not difficult to achieve with 'on sale' and 'need it anyway' items. I look at this a $14.30 free money [8,000 x 1.789], that will add to the 150,000 pts [$268 value] I now have, and let it convert on Feb 1st to PC Optimum points. I'll likely end up redeeming them for $50 Gift cards, like LCBO, Marks, Golftown, etc..

But what about that pesky restriction that now prohibits redeeming PCPlus pts for Gift Cards you might ask?
    Since majority of our grocery 'shops' is in the $50- $60 range, I simply add my fav $50 Gift Card to the order.
    Redeeming 50,000pts is allowed, as they attribute it to the groceries, but to me, hey, I just redeemed 50,000pts for a $50 Gift card.
    Last edited by Pointsman; Tue, Nov 14th, 2017 at 08:28 AM.
    dagney, Silk, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    Just got one of my fav SDM offers ... 8,000pts wus $30, good Nov 15th only. I usually try to take advantage of this promo, as $30 is not difficult to achieve with 'on sale' and 'need it anyway' items. I look at this a $14.30 free money [8,000 x 1.789], that will add to the 150,000 pts [$268 value] I now have, and let it convert on Feb 1st to PC Optimum points. I'll likely end up redeeming them for $50 Gift cards, like LCBO, Marks, Golftown, etc..

But what about that pesky restriction that now prohibits redeeming PCPlus pts for Gift Cards you might ask?
    Since majority of our grocery 'shops' is in the $50- $60 range, I simply add my fav $50 Gift Card to the order.
    Redeeming 50,000pts is allowed, as they attribute it to the groceries, but to me, hey, I just redeemed 50,000pts for a $50 Gift card.
    Free groceries is good!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    Just got one of my fav SDM offers ... 8,000pts wus $30, good Nov 15th only. I usually try to take advantage of this promo, as $30 is not difficult to achieve with 'on sale' and 'need it anyway' items. I look at this a $14.30 free money [8,000 x 1.789], that will add to the 150,000 pts [$268 value] I now have, and let it convert on Feb 1st to PC Optimum points.
    Haven't seen the 8000 wus 30 offer for a while. since it's one of my favorites too.

And barring some unexpected combination of circumstances, I will have at least 95k points to convert to PCO, so I'm now valuing the points I collect at $1.79 per 1000 instead of the admittedly somewhat conservative $1.50 I was using until PCO was announced. The latter was due to how I shop at SDM; I seldom spend enough to redeem 38k, never mind 50k or 95k. But even though my grocery shops also tend to be small, I regularly spend more than $10.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

So they are saying we will be able to pushallor most offers including sdm. I'll believe it when i see it but im so excited to push sdm offers

Sent from my E2306 using Tapatalk
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    So they are saying we will be able to pushallor most offers including sdm. I'll believe it when i see it but im so
    excited to push sdm offers
    "unless otherwise stated" means they can make few or even no SDM offers pushable, so it would seem optimistic to expect that they'll let us hold very many.
    barbis9, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Im optimistic overall about the whole thing

Pc now has points offers that yiu can push we cant push spend offers. Im hopeful that the similar offers from sdm maybe be pushable also
    Already we seen for example 75c royale Valid for a number of weeks via sdm. Other good til dec. Im so excited for this
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Tue, Nov 14th, 2017 at 08:10 PM.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Hey all.. I have seriously been out of the loop here for a long long time but hey, life happens. I am not sure what to think about the new points program. On the surface it sounds like a great deal but than again, there has to be good things for the company too. It is just my opinion but I can totally see the 20X offers being either less frequent or a higher spending threshold. I haven't really studied the program either.

So a question to my fellow members: What is meant by pushable offers???
    barbis9, Ciel and kidsteph like this.
    Is it baseball season yet?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweave View Post
    So a question to my fellow members: What is meant by pushable offers???
    On the mobile app, you can choose up to three of your personal offers each week to delay until the following week. Once pushed, it is no longer available for the rest of the current week. The same offer can be delayed a few times, giving you time a few weeks to wait / hope for a sale.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

forgive me for being dense.

do we all wait for Feb to sign up for the new program and transfer everything over?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 6 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread Information