User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Loblaws Prime Membership $99 yr or $9.99/month

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Loblaws is pitching the idea of a $99/yr or $9.99/month membership for customers to gain access to extra points offers. For this Smartcanuck - bahaha - not happening. Wondering who they ran this marketing idea by?
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws
    sampler, mulock, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Its not just Loblaws, I did a survey recently where they asked if I would pay for the Optimum program, if I wanted to donate points to charity, etc.
    Ciel likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

bwahaha!!! Thanks @dagney I needed a good laugh today.
    anisa, sampler, Tweets77 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dagney View Post
    Loblaws is pitching the idea of a $99/yr or $9.99/month membership for customers to gain access to extra points offers. For this Smartcanuck - bahaha - not happening. Wondering who they ran this marketing idea by?
    My initial reaction isn't positive, but I see no reason to dismiss the possibility of signing up without having a solid idea of what they're actually offering for the money.
    barbis9, Ciel and momof3heathens like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/lobl...gram-1.4410033

Monday's announcement is targeting at PC Plus loyalty members who are also President's Choice Financial Mastercard holders, and banking on their being willing to pay a little bit more, to get more in terms of points and discounts.
    During the pilot program, anyone who signs up will get the following perks any time they use their MasterCard:

• 20 per cent back in PC points on the essentials such as diapers, infant formula, and all PC Organics products in-store and online.
    • 20 per cent back in PC points on all Joe Fresh products in-store and online at joefresh.com.
    • 20 times the PC points every day when customers shop online at beautyBOUTIQUE.ca.
    • Free Click & Collect pick-up service at nearly 200 locations.
    • Free shipping on all beautyBOUTIQUE.ca and joefresh.com purchases.
    • $99 PC travel credit once a year when booking a trip on pctravel.ca (annual subscriptions only).
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Saw the CBC article as well, I mean, personally, there is NO WAY I would pay to use a loyalty program. But If you use PC Travel anyways, you get back what you spend in the form of a travel credit. So you'd be getting the other benefits covered under that. Maybe for those with children would benefit combining the 20% on essentials with regular PC Plus offers as well as coupons??? Maybe? I don't know, but definetely NOT FOR ME!
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It is not for me and my lifestyle, I would not get any benefit from it but I am sure others will see benefits to this program.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Never gonna touch this. If the membership included free grocery delivery as often as I wanted in addition to significant additional offers, it might be worth it. People without cars would benefit greatly from free delivery.

I can't see myself using this, though.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Saw the CBC article as well, I mean, personally, there is NO WAY I would pay to use a loyalty program. But If you use PC Travel anyways, you get back what you spend in the form of a travel credit. So you'd be getting the other benefits covered under that. Maybe for those with children would benefit combining the 20% on essentials with regular PC Plus offers as well as coupons??? Maybe? I don't know, but definetely NOT FOR ME!
    I've looked at their travel packages and I found no deals at all. Very expensive!
    sampler, Ciel and walkonby like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have a 3 month old baby, this will pay me back tenfold just on formula and diapers.

• 20 per cent back in PC points on the essentials such as diapers, infant formula, and all PC Organics products in-store and online.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dagney View Post
    I Would not be paying for a loyalty program
    anisa, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Its not just Loblaws, I did a survey recently where they asked if I would pay for the Optimum program, if I wanted to donate points to charity, etc.
    Looks like Loblaws is trying to compete with Amazon. Costco US is also trying to compete with Amazon. Costco is offering 2 day delivery on groceries and same day delivery on groceries in some US locations. Costco also has travel discounts on cruises, hotels, cars etc.

Costco has a good price on gas. Loblaws and company are selling off their gas stations.

And I read on this forum that Loblaws is closing 22 low productivity stores. This after letting people go from their head office.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I officially got an invite via email and am NOT impressed.......$99 a year....no thanks!
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lol they want me to pay them for a loyalty program??? Wow kudos to the guy who’s taken corporate greed to a new level. I’m sure they’ll find enough suckers to make millions 😂

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

It will depend on how much you use it.. its somewhat similar to Costco.. Our membership is covered by rewards from the shopping my husband does there.. plus extras..
    sampler, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information