User Tag List

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree971Likes

Thread: Loblaws admits to bread price fixing (with immunity) & Offers $25 Gift Card

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Loblaw Cos. Ltd. and its parent George Weston Ltd. and other major grocery retailers colluded over more than 14 years to increase prices of some packaged bread, Loblaw and Weston admitted on Tuesday.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle37387816/

Update: Registration is live. Visit https://loblawcard.ca/ to sign up for your $25 Gift Card. It will take approx. 6 weeks.
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws
    Last edited by padyofurniture; Mon, Jan 8th, 2018 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Registration is open
    Skippy, hcao, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Loblaw will be offering $25 gift card for eligible customers as a result of bread price fixing for the last several years. Sign up here to be notified when program registration starts
    https://loblawcard.ca/

not sure how they consider you eligible...
    Tweets77, hcao, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Just read about that. Everything hidden eventually come out in the open. Shame on them.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Lady View Post
    Just read about that. Everything hidden eventually come out in the open. Shame on them.
    they are doing this because class action law suits have already started
    they are hoping that their offer would persuade people not to join the class action suit
    if they lock you into their offer, then they may ask that you do not become part of a class action suit

today's press release: http://media.loblaw.ca/English/media...y/default.aspx
    mulock, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

http://media.loblaw.ca/English/media...y/default.aspx

from their website

wonder if this is a better deal than joining the class action law suits mentioned on their website
    barbis9, Ciel and padyofurniture like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Thanks OP

they are doing this because class action law suits have already started
    they are hoping that their offer would persuade people not to join the class action suit
    if they lock you into their offer, then they may ask that you do not become part of a class action suit

today's press release: http://media.loblaw.ca/English/media...y/default.aspx
    Loblaw were the ones who blew the whistle on it and they have fired the people who were in on the price fixing. According to all the press releases and the newspapers, "As a result of their admission that they participated in the arrangement and their cooperation with the Competition Bureau's investigation, the Company will not face criminal charges or penalties."
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

It will be worth keeping an eye to see if other companies involved follow their lead?
    Tweets77, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    It will be worth keeping an eye to see if other companies involved follow their lead?
    Cell Phone Companies like ROGERS , BELL & TELUS should be next. They have been price fixing for a long long time, till the NEW kid on the block - WIND Mobile aka FREEDOM Mobile came along.

Freedom Mobile ( now owned by SHAW ) just came out with their $ 50 - 10 GB , Unlimited Talk & Text plan - and all of a sudden the Big 3 are finally offering some decent talk/text/data plan , like $ 60 for 10 GB data.

The Gas companies like Esso, Petro Canada, Sunoco, Shell should be next !
    Tweets77, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Is it one per household ? Or 1 per adult living in the household ?

How will they prevent abuse of this program ? What if someone enters 1 home address & 1 work place address ?

How much private & confidential information will they ask for, before mailing the Gift card ?

I have NO intention of giving them my real name or my full name or my phone number. So hopefully I can just give them my initials & my address & they mail the $ 25 card to me

Not trying to be paranoid, you never know who companies like this sell your private info too .

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think the class action will likely give you the same amount, but it will be actual cash you can spend however you like.

This is so cunning. The snitch f*** everyone over and offer the gift cards to spend at their own stores. It's probably cheaper than penalty. Galen Weston has that harmless dad-next-door face, but he might be very dangerous.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Cell Phone Companies like ROGERS , BELL & TELUS should be next. They have been price fixing for a long long time, till the NEW kid on the block - WIND Mobile aka FREEDOM Mobile came along.

Freedom Mobile ( now owned by SHAW ) just came out with their $ 50 - 10 GB , Unlimited Talk & Text plan - and all of a sudden the Big 3 are finally offering some decent talk/text/data plan , like $ 60 for 10 GB data.

The Gas companies like Esso, Petro Canada, Sunoco, Shell should be next !
    In locations where there has been no choice in providers ....they really have us over a barrel!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    In locations where there has been no choice in providers ....they really have us over a barrel!
    Yup.

That's why they always have good plans in Quebec due to Videotron .

Now hopefully due to Freedom Mobile, other provinces might have good plans going forward from Bell, Rogers & Telus.
    Tweets77, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Is it one per household ? Or 1 per adult living in the household ?

How will they prevent abuse of this program ? What if someone enters 1 home address & 1 work place address ?

How much private & confidential information will they ask for, before mailing the Gift card ?

I have NO intention of giving them my real name or my full name or my phone number. So hopefully I can just give them my initials & my address & they mail the $ 25 card to me

Not trying to be paranoid, you never know who companies like this sell your private info too .
    The gift cards can be electronic. No need to mail out actual gift cards.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ahh yes gouge me out of $1000's on bread for like 15 years and offer me $25 while you walk away scott free.....

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information