User Tag List

Page 8 of 233 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast
Like Tree7609Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    Has anyone learned yet if we will be able to transfer points between different accounts (like we can in Optimum now) in the new PC Optimum program? That's the biggest question I have yet to have answered
    @nalaric - I found this in the T&C:

At the sole discretion of PCSI*, you may be permitted to transfer your PC Optimum points toanother Program member. Upon the death of a Program member, the member’s Account willbe closed and any PC Optimum points in the Account will be forfeited. PC Optimum points arenot divisible in the case of divorce or equalization of family property.
    PC Optimum points have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash. Except aspermitted from time to time by PCSI, PC Optimum points cannot be assigned, exchanged,purchased or given by gift. PC Optimum points cannot be sold, traded, bartered, rented orotherwise disposed of. PC Optimum points are void if sold for cash or any other consideration.

*Fyi, PCSI stands for President’s Choice Services Inc.

Does that help answer your question? But maybe not the answer some people want - don't shoot this messenger!

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Fri, Jan 12th, 2018 at 04:56 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    @nalaric - I found this in the T&C:

At the sole discretion of PCSI*, you may be permitted to transfer your PC Optimum points toanother Program member. Upon the death of a Program member, the member’s Account willbe closed and any PC Optimum points in the Account will be forfeited. PC Optimum points arenot divisible in the case of divorce or equalization of family property.
    PC Optimum points have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash. Except aspermitted from time to time by PCSI, PC Optimum points cannot be assigned, exchanged,purchased or given by gift. PC Optimum points cannot be sold, traded, bartered, rented orotherwise disposed of. PC Optimum points are void if sold for cash or any other consideration.

*Fyi, PCSI stands for President’s Choice Services Inc.

Does that help answer your question? But maybe not the answer some people want - don't shoot this messenger!

Silk
    Thanks Silk!!! So sad...

I can't believe dying is not a valid enough reason to transfer points to a family member!
    anisa, Silk, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

kind of sad if that points collector is the grocery shopper in the family, which I am sure most of those deceased collectors will be.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Silk, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    kind of sad if that points collector is the grocery shopper in the family, which I am sure most of those deceased collectors will be.

I might have to put something in my will....

In case I die, please give all my rewards cards to _____ to spend the points. Don't try and transfer points or tell the company I'm dead until all my points are spent.
    anisa, Silk, barbis9 and 8 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes this is true my dear mom passed away almost 5 years ago and her points went into thin air ,mind you everytime she got to 8,000 she used it to redeem for ten dollars off ,but on another note sears had 10.00 left on her points card and they let me have it as I was buying a bedding set over 100.00 which I thought was a nice gesture
    anisa, Silk, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Ellen Roseman answers a query from a reader about whether she should redeem her Shoppers Optimum points now or wait.
    https://www.thestar.com/business/per...rs-points.html
    I'm going to disagree with Ellen Rosemen for myself and redeem my 50K points tomorrow at the super redemption. There are enough things on sale in the flyer that I need (like more tissues - we've been going through them like crazy) and want that it's worth it for me. It's my last chance to get $2 for every 1,000 points, and that's my preferred threshold for redeeming.

I totally understand that for many people hanging on to their points and being able to use them at the grocery store makes more sense. This flyer has enough sale stuff for me that won't mean overspending just to redeem (which I avoid doing 98% of the time) that I'm going for it.
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    I'm going to disagree with Ellen Rosemen for myself and redeem my 50K points tomorrow at the super redemption. There are enough things on sale in the flyer that I need (like more tissues - we've been going through them like crazy) and want that it's worth it for me. It's my last chance to get $2 for every 1,000 points, and that's my preferred threshold for redeeming.

I totally understand that for many people hanging on to their points and being able to use them at the grocery store makes more sense. This flyer has enough sale stuff for me that won't mean overspending just to redeem (which I avoid doing 98% of the time) that I'm going for it.
    I was saving up mine as well, but I agree, good sales, bonus redemption, well worth it. Looking forward to doing one last big redemption before the changeover happens! I do have over $1300 in points though, so I'll still have lots leftover to redeem in the new program.
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks Silk!!! So sad...
    I can't believe dying is not a valid enough reason to transfer points to a family member!
    You're welcome, nalaric
    I might have to put something in my will....

In case I die, please give all my rewards cards to _____ to spend the points. Don't try and transfer points or tell the company I'm dead until all my points are spent.
    lol Thanks for the laugh!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    I was saving up mine as well, but I agree, good sales, bonus redemption, well worth it. Looking forward to doing one last big redemption before the changeover happens! I do have over $1300 in points though, so I'll still have lots leftover to redeem in the new program.
    I agree with you both If I needed or wanted something and the price was decent or if I had enough to buy, I would also do this redemption promotion - or even a redemption without the promotion since prices/sales are often better when there's no promo going on. But there's not enough for me even to redeem at the 38k level.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I feel comfortable letting my points convert, but I will be spending them at RCSS or No Frills soon after.
    Who knows what changes will happen soon after Feb 1.

Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Question for users with multiple cards!

I use optimum cards for my mom and dad and PC card for myself and my husband... will I be able to link my parents optimum card with my PC card? Or should I be getting an optimum card with my name on it
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eyafitz View Post

I use optimum cards for my mom and dad and PC card for myself and my husband... will I be able to link my parents optimum card with my PC card? Or should I be getting an optimum card with my name on it
    Do you want to end up with 4 accounts or 2? With the caveat that I don't know if it has been stated explicitly, my impression is that after creating a new PCO account, it will be possible to link PC and or OPT accounts to it that are in different names.

You don't have to link both a PC card and an OPT one to a new PCO account, so you can create 4 PCO accounts and link one current card to each.

If you create a new PCO account in your name, it will effectively be a PC card and an OPT card in one, so there would seem to be little or no reason for you to get an OPT card than will only be good until the end of the month.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eyafitz View Post

You get your own card in the new PC Optimum program and invite the other three by e-mail to join your household so the points will pool. Each person can decide if they want to join or not. Limit is 10 persons per household-if someone leaves the household, their points follow their card out of the household.
    barbis9 and eyafitz like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My mother has expressed interest in using my card in the new program but when I explained she'd have to get an e-mail address and be invited to join me and link her card, she said no. So she'd also be uninterested in checking her account weekly to see her new offers. I really don't want to have to monitor her account/e-mail address so that leaves me alone to decide about card use.

A friend of hers uses a PC Financial card product but only knows her PC Plus pts tally at cash and does not know her PC Points tally for items bought with the card elsewhere. I once tried to help her find out but it's really up to her to keep up with her account.

I think all the account linking and points sharing between friends/family discussion is a great one to have in 2018-social media accounts for family need discussion in case there might be a plan formally required in wills or of executors to wind-up accounts after one passes. Or at the very least, a review now might help individuals figure out if they want to continue participating in loyalty programs that don't allow points to transfer to other family members after death or if they want to cut down on program cards in the name of organization/making life simpler.

If I had a credit card, I'd be very willing to use the delivery program by Longo's via their Grocery Gateway website this winter. I'd earn Thank You Reward points and have groceries come to my door so I would not have to use my cart in very cold winter conditions.
    At least through this thread, I realize that Click and Collect service at Loblaws-banner grocery stores offering the program won't be available to me.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    My mother has expressed interest in using my card in the new program but when I explained she'd have to get an e-mail address and be invited to join me and link her card, she said no. So she'd also be uninterested in checking her account weekly to see her new offers. I really don't want to have to monitor her account/e-mail address so that leaves me alone to decide about card use.

A friend of hers uses a PC Financial card product but only knows her PC Plus pts tally at cash and does not know her PC Points tally for items bought with the card elsewhere. I once tried to help her find out but it's really up to her to keep up with her account.

I think all the account linking and points sharing between friends/family discussion is a great one to have in 2018-social media accounts for family need discussion in case there might be a plan formally required in wills or of executors to wind-up accounts after one passes. Or at the very least, a review now might help individuals figure out if they want to continue participating in loyalty programs that don't allow points to transfer to other family members after death or if they want to cut down on program cards in the name of organization/making life simpler.

If I had a credit card, I'd be very willing to use the delivery program by Longo's via their Grocery Gateway website this winter. I'd earn Thank You Reward points and have groceries come to my door so I would not have to use my cart in very cold winter conditions.
    At least through this thread, I realize that Click and Collect service at Loblaws-banner grocery stores offering the program won't be available to me.
    Thanks for all the information! I've also been trying to figure out how to best "link" my cards/points. I have control over my dad's, sister-in-laws and my optimum cards, with a combined total of over $800 pts. However, dad and sis-in-law each have their own PC plus cards and they collect those points, and I have mine as well. I'm debating transferring all the optimum to my optimum card and just link up that to my PC card, and letting them do their own thing. However, the big dilemma is that I actually use my optimum card least, because I only ever get $1 off milk, and they always get 20x the milk offer. Makes me want to take over one of their cards instead, since I buy 5-6 jugs of milk a week, and always get 20x the points on it! Still have a couple weeks to figure it out!

Page 8 of 233 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread Information