• 1 Post By Midnightly
  • 1 Post By MillieH
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By scouponer
  • 1 Post By cinpow

Thread: 2 Shopping Rants

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

A couple weeks ago SDM had Vim for .99.. Happily I had the 1.50 tearpad.. headed out to SDM.. long story short.. I was told AFTER the items were rung in that I could have as many as I wanted if I paid for them but I could only use a coupon on 1 because "there are too many coupons out there" .. there were 2 full tearpads in the store by the way loll.

I wait 30 minutes to see the CSM (just arriving for shift) and was told I could only buy 1 no matter how I paid because he didn't want to run out. I had 3 issues.. one being that initially I was told I could pay for as many as I wanted, secondly there were no notices in the store or limits noted in the flyer, third, no one apologised.

I posted about this on SDM page and they said to inbox. I did, they said someone would contact me. Three weeks later there has been no response. At times I've wanted to create a post on their page and ask couponers to comment but my brain isn't able to process a structured post. I think this is just an avenue for some of my suppressed emotions to come out.. It's really a small thing but annoyingggggggg.. Normally I'd let it go and not think of it again lol

TODAYS shop was one of those that used to happen years ago over a few shops but happened all in one lol.. Man, Todays shop was not for the faint of heart.. Lordie..
    Got my printer to work...... YaY ..... printed .75 Ivory coupons good on bar soap
    find the endcap @ RCSS .. they had about 100 packs or so easily YaY 1.44 ea pack of 10
    found 2 x Shredded Wheat for 2.44 with gift card offer on them.. YaY

Happy Happy going to checkout

Cereal rings in great YaY
    Ivory rings in 3.98.. kinda Yay cos yeah we're all thinking SCOP here right..
    Cashier.. no one here to check on that.. nothing I can do.. I just look at her.. I'm thinking..... umm
    she tracks someone down.. who wanders off and comes back with a NO.. its 3.98
    I say its on end cap.. girl goes off again.. cashier mutters.. I'm starting to not feel great..
    I say I have photo (taken to post in our local part of the group) response its 3.98 I can't go by your photo.. I say maybe it will show you where it is in the store..
    Travelling girl comes back and says its 3.98.. I show her the photo and say.. I think its in the aisle across from pharmacy.
    She comes back and goes yep its 1.44
    I hold out coupons.. cashier goes.. you can't use coupons on clearance.. I'm like oh no.. when did this happen.. cashier is .. I've been here 13 years, its always been that way.. I reply that all the cashiers including her have been taking them all along.. She asks offer worker?? .. who replies.. the words we love to hear NOT>. "let her have it this time"
    so then I ask for SCOP on the one soap lollllllll omgosh.. cashier.. "you can only have SCOP if its advertised in the paper" I point out the SCOp notice at the register and read it out loud.. she says Oh I never read that.. She calls out to office worker who utters the same freaki ng phrase.. "give it to her this time"

Finally I get it for 1.44, use the coupons, get the scop..
    OOP 13.90 for 110 bars of soap, 2 boxes of cereal and a $5 grocery card.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by MillieH; Tue, May 1st, 2018 at 08:45 AM.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Some cashiers seem to make up their own store policies as they go along. Glad that, as a seasoned SmartCanuck, you stood your ground at RCSS and got the deals!
    Ciel, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I know sometimes the cashier when the see you are paying little or no money for stuff the tried there best to shut you down it happens to me sometimes if I am with my DH and DDs the do not have the patience for this but by my self I will sometimes let it go if I don’t have the time but once I ha e no where to go I will stand my ground .We all learn a lot from being on SC great you stood your ground we win some we lose some glad this was pisitive
    Ciel, macw1960, 2shopmom and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

[QUOTE=flemeth;6890756]I know sometimes the cashier when the see you are paying little or no money for stuff the tried there best to shut you down it happens to me sometimes if I am with my DH and DDs the do not have the patience for this but by my self I will sometimes let it go if I don’t have the time but once I ha e no where to go I will stand my ground .We all learn a lot from being on SC great you stood your ground we win some we lose some glad this was positive
    Ciel likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wow....as flemeth said " stand your ground ! " lol.
    What a ridiculous ordeal. And the " let her have it this time " comment...pfft!
    ....words that stick in my craw too, as if they are LETTING you get a way with something.

Ciel, macw1960, DaveP and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got annoyed when the cashier acts like they own the company... as if they set the rules and the policies and are changing them on the fly.

I only say this because the various times I've ever used coupons, enacted a price-match, done a return, etc at any particular store, this particular transaction is the one and only time i get told I can't do what I've been doing for years. -- When I ask "When did this policy change take place?" I get told "It's ALWAYS been like this" or "we've NEVER done it that way..."

Newsflash: I've been doing it this way for years. --- and/or there's no logical reason for you not to do it.
    Ciel, macw1960, walkonby and 4 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

My oh my Millie, well, I had a fun time at RCSS too today trying to get everything to work out. Same with the soap, Rang $3.98, Shelf was still $1.44 (Should've SCOP'd, but my god, the supervisor I got she was having nothing of it, to the point where she said "I'm suspending the transaction and taking you to customer service [A fair number of VALID coupons that I was using]")
    Just about everything for the bill worked out, but this "supervisor" (Jen), I swear she was ready to tell me to leave, she wanted NOTHING to do with my coupons and called a manager (Liz - VERY NICE AND COUPON SMART MANAGER!!) to let her deal with it instead (Who gave me no hassle with the coupons I was using) - Full shop posted in Brag section
    Ciel, macw1960, DaveP and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow,...some cashiers need to change their attitude....
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    wow,...some cashiers need to change their attitude....
    I do merchandising for Walmarts and Loblaws so I have a lot of friends who are cashiers. I actually ask them a few times about why they are so uptight when it comes to coupons - a few cashiers at Loblaws said that if the coupon is fake, not valid etc - the head cashier gives them and they get lectured or re-educated what is acceptable. But Walmart cashiers its sort of the same but they are re-educated on acceptable coupons and move on. I need to ask about SCOP because working at the various stores I see errors and have asked for SCOP and they don't know about it. They want to adjust the price and I tell them nope its free because its under 10.00 - I think they must sleep through there training on that.
    Ciel, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@anastasia1009 -here's the scanner price accuracy code for SCOP from the Retail Council of Canada site:
    https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-accuracy
    @MillieH -do complete the receipt survey and comment on the lack of cashier awareness of how Scanner Price Accuracy Code works.
    walkonby and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i would not be surprised if cashiers are simply not trained in some aspects, or they are not given enough training in some aspects... just the other day i had a gift card that would not swipe(i think it may have gotten too close to the magnet closure on my purse).. the cashier had no idea how to process it..

i also think for some cashiers it throws off their rhythm when they have to process something differently or take extra time to process something.. many stores pride themselves on their speed( i remember walmart used to put a sign up about just that for motivation), and when the have to price match, enter coupons, or price check that can significantly slow them down and along that i wouldn't be surprised if there's a negative effect to being a slow cashier or a perk to being a fast cashier.. and sometimes they can get in trouble if they process things incorrectly (accept an expired coupon/coupon on wrong product/don't follow exact wording on coupons..) now is that an excuse to be rude? heck no.. but i do know some cashiers do have bad days, and they get bad pushy rude customers and customers that take their frustrations out on them..

i have a friend that works as a cashier at a downtown business and after a particularly hard day she said she felt shell shocked when she got home and was physically drained by everything that came at her that day.. she's has had customers yell at her because of store policy.. so thinking of this i can understand why some cashiers have off days and can get frustrated..
    Ciel likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I had an unusual email from RCSS yesterday. It used my name and asked for feedback on my shopping experience on Tuesday. I scanned my PCO card and used my PC card to pay so they'd have my into to contact me. I've not had this happen before.
    Ciel likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I had an unusual email from RCSS yesterday. It used my name and asked for feedback on my shopping experience on Tuesday. I scanned my PCO card and used my PC card to pay so they'd have my into to contact me. I've not had this happen before.
    Wonder if the store staff mentioned the soap purchase up the line or better yet, one of the RCSS HQ types got tipped off on this rant on SC. Opportunity is at hand, @MillieH -how about asking if RCSS can check on SCOP training at that store?
    MillieH likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We once had a person from shoppers head office tell us that we can’t expect the staff to know what’s going on with promos etc because they aren’t paid much money!😳. It’s a long story but I couldn’t believe they said that to us. Well I don’t get paid anything and I understand how the promos work. We thought that was the most ridiculous thing!
    4sure5 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today at walmart, they refused my printable coupons from websavers said they are copies even when I point out the ID were all different. They took the coupons into accounting office and I waited for 20 mins standing there just for them to tell me they won't accept it because the accounting lady was unable to find the coupon online?! They asking me which website I print from....we are not able to find it online and we can't take them...I just left everything and walked out. So mad right now. I sent a msg to head office already on it.

Thread Information