User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: harry and meghan are engaged!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I noticed that about her hair, too. I can understand what she was wanting, a looser look, but sleek would have been better.

I went for helmet hair, myself, on our wedding day!
    madchives and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

yes it was quite lovely! the tiara was gorgeous ...lots of celebs, i figured out why posh spice always looks so miserable...its those dam painful shoes...hehe
    i think both of them will do alot of good things in the future.
    madchives, Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

the bouquet -

Prince Harry had a hand in selecting the flowers for the bridal bouquet Markle carried down the aisle and include a touching nod to his late mother, Princess Diana.
    According to a press release, “Prince Harry handpicked several flowers yesterday from their private garden at Kensington Palace to add to the bespoke bridal bouquet designed by florist Philippa Craddock. The spring blooms include Forget-Me-Nots which were Diana, Princess of Wales’ favourite flower. The couple specifically chose them to be included in the bouquet to honour the memory of the late Princess on this special day.”

The bouquet also includes scented sweet peas, lily of the valley, astilbe, jasmine, and sprigs of myrtle all bound with a naturally dyed, raw silk ribbon. The myrtle sprigs are from stems planted at Osborne House on the Isle of Wight, by Queen Victoria in 1845, and from a plant grown from the myrtle used in The Queen’s wedding bouquet of 1947.

The use of myrtle is a royal tradition.
    “The tradition of carrying myrtle begun after Queen Victoria was given a nosegay containing myrtle by Prince Albert’s grandmother during a visit to Gotha in Germany. In the same year, Queen Victoria and Prince Albert bought Osborne House as a family retreat, and a sprig from the posy was planted against the terrace walls, where it continues to thrive today. The myrtle was first carried by Queen Victoria’s eldest daughter, Princess Victoria, when she married in 1858,” according to a press release.

https://etcanada.com/news/329530/meg...-prince-harry/

-------

Myrtle is also used in Ukrainian wedding tradition, symbolic of love, purity, and fertility.
    Crowns of myrtle are made, and used for the bride and groom to symbolize them being king and queen for the day. I still have ours.
    My mom also put a sprig of myrtle tucked on the side of my tiara/veil.
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, May 19th, 2018 at 03:09 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...ll-transcript/

“And now in the name of our loving liberating and life giving god, father, son, and holy spirit, amen. From the song of Solomon in the bible, set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is as strong as death, passion, fears as the its flashes are flashes of fire, a raging flame. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods. Drown it out.
    The late Dr. Martin Luther king once said and I quote, ‘We must discover the power of love, the redemptive power of love, and when we do that, we will make of this old world a new world.’
    Love is the only way. There's power in love. Don't underestimate it. Don't even over sentimentalize it. There's power, power in love. If you don't believe me, think about a time when you first fell in love. The whole world seemed to center around you and your beloved. Well, there's power, power in love, not just in its romantic forms, but any form, any shape of love.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I liked that the Bishop's remarks mirrored the reading done by Harry's aunt (whose voice reminded me of Diana).

I couldn't help but think a fitting song after would have been "Like a Seal on your Heart" (Carey Landry). It's beautiful, I sang it at my sister's wedding.
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, May 19th, 2018 at 06:28 PM.
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Head to Frogmore House for Their Intimate Evening Reception

Meghan changed out of her gorgeous wedding gown and into a second dress made by Stella McCartney.
    Harry also changed out of his military uniform to a sleek black tuxedo.

The couple drove off to their reception in a blue Jaguar with the license plate E190618 — their wedding date.
    silver blue Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero. This vehicle was originally manufactured in 1968, and has since been converted to electric power

Prince Charles is hosting the couple’s evening reception, which will be attended by 200 of their closest friends and family.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

noticed that of course cross country checkup's topic is:
    (in case you don't know - cross country is a live radio phone in show, and
    always interesting)

What do you think of the royal wedding?

Sunday on Cross Country Checkup: royal marriage

The world has been following the splendour of the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
    What draws people to the pomp and pageantry? Will it boost support for the monarchy?
    Our question: What do you think of the Royal wedding? Have you been following the events?
    Join Duncan McCue, Sunday live simultaneously through six time zones on CBC Radio One, Sirius XM channel 169, and streaming on cbc.ca and on the CBC Radio app.
    1 p.m. PT, 2 p.m. MT, 3 p.m. CT, 4 p.m. ET, 5 p.m. AT, 5:30 p.m. NT.
    Toll-free number during the broadcast: 1-888-416-8333

have no idea why i love watching the royals, but,,,
    also noticed

The decadent feast included a selection of sweet and savoury canapés in addition to the palatial lemon and elderflower wedding cake designed by Claire Ptak.
    All of the ingredients for the wedding reception were sourced from Royal Warrant-holding companies.
    To begin with, guests were served a selection of savoury canapés, including:

• Scottish langoustines wrapped in smoked salmon with citrus crème fraiche
    • Grilled English asparagus wrapped in Cumbrian ham
    • Garden pea panna cotta with quail eggs and lemon verbena
    • Heritage tomato and basil tartare with balsamic pearls
    • Poached free range chicken bound in a lightly spiced yoghurt with roasted apricot
    • Croquette of confit Windsor lamb, roasted vegetables and shallot jam
    • Warm asparagus spears with mozzarella and sun-blush tomatoes

etc
    Last edited by madchives; Sun, May 20th, 2018 at 08:49 AM.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

heard a woman on a phone in show last week say she had no idea meghan was biracial(?)
    had seen magazines whilst in the checkout and thought since harry was so pale that meghan
    just looked tanned.

although a few black people had already said that they thought the wedding was showing
    that the royal family was now looking a bit more like the world, she didn't.
    interesting logic - basically in this day and age what did it matter,
    could have been two men so,,,,

not sure but of course it matters the woman who called in is white
    just thought it was interesting,,,
    Last edited by madchives; Sun, May 20th, 2018 at 09:19 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I noticed that about her hair, too. I can understand what she was wanting, a looser look, but sleek would have been better.

I went for helmet hair, myself, on our wedding day!
    wondering what is helmet hair? i can imagine but worried the truth is worrisome

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

helmet hair is when so much hairspray is used, nothing moves.

I didn't know that about Meghan, either, until this week. I never watched her show, didn't know anything about her background at all.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

The couple drove off to their reception in a blue Jaguar with the license plate E190618 — their wedding date.
    silver blue Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero. This vehicle was originally manufactured in 1968, and has since been converted to electric power
    Mistype? Shouldn't it be E190518.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Wales royal wedding gift: Training African Midwives

Wales will fund training for midwives in Sub-Saharan Africa as a wedding gift for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
    The £1,500 donation to Welsh charity Life for African Mothers will be made on behalf of the people of Wales.
    It will fund travel for a Welsh midwife who will likely travel to Liberia, one of the poorest African countries, to train up to 30 local midwives.
    The aim is to teach them ways of making pregnancy and child birth safer.
    "This funding will help save the lives of mothers and babies in Sub Saharan Africa," First Minister Carwyn Jones said.
    The prince and Ms Markle are set to wed at St George's Chapel in Windsor, where the prince was christened and Ms Markle was baptised.
    The former actress has previously campaigned for the United Nations on topics such as gender equality and modern slavery.
    She has pledged to "shine a light" on women's rights.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Bouquet laid on Tomb of Unknown Soldier

The Duchess of Sussex has followed tradition by having her bridal bouquet placed on the tomb of the unknown warrior at Westminster Abbey.
    The royal tradition, started by the Queen Mother, usually takes place the day after the wedding.
    Meghan paid tribute to Prince Harry's mother, Princess Diana, at their wedding by including forget-me-nots, her favourite flowers, in the bouquet.
    It also contained flowers handpicked by the prince at Kensington Palace.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Darth, you are right, I had just copied and pasted.

Canada's gift is $50,000 to Jumpstart.
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

warning, warning,,,,

could be worse, could have been bikinis

extra special could have been bikinis with helmet hair, haha
    thanks nat
    Last edited by madchives; Mon, May 21st, 2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Natalka likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information