User Tag List

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Top 10 uses for uncooked rice by First for Women: (mind candy time):
    1) revive dull blender blades-throw 1 cup uncooked rice into the blender and run for 2 minutes.
    2) ward off bathroom odours-fill a small container with 1/2 cup uncooked rice then mix in 10-20 drops of a favourite essential oil and place on top of the medicine cabinet or somewhere out of reach of kids and pets.
    3) add volume to lifeless hair (due to heat/humidity): pour 1/4 cup of rice and 1 cup of water into a spray bottle. Let sit overnight. In the morning, spritz the mixture on damp hair and style as usual.
    4) stop Buster from barking (i.e. barking every time the doorbell rings): fill a glass jar or one-third of the way with uncooked rice and screw on the lid. Whenever your dog starts barking, shake the jar.
    5) Get silky smooth hands for pennies: pour 1/2 cup of rice and 2 cups of water into a bowl, let sit 30min, then soak your hands for 10min. (To which I say who has 30min to wait for rice and water if they are not being cooked?)
    6)Dry wet sneakers overnight-cut the feet off of a pair of pantyhose and fill with rice. Tie closed and place each one in a shoe. (I personally like crumpled newspaper.)
    7)-Effortlessly clean a narrow vase. Pour in 1 Tbsp of uncooked rice and a drop of dish soap and fill halfway with warm water. Then cover the top with your hand and shake.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

8) Ripen avocados in half the time-Hard avocados? Store them in a resealable container filled with uncooked rice. Rice traps the ethylene gas released by the avocados and burying the fruit so it's surrounded by the grains ensures it ripens evenly.
    9) squeeze away tension with a stress ball-DIY stress ball. Use a funnel to fill a balloon with 1 cup of uncooked rice. Pinch out excess air and tie closed. Slide ANOTHER balloon over the first one and tied closed.
    10) Keep a tablecloth in place: add a handful of uncooked rice to a coffee filter and tie closed with a length of ribbon. Place one on each corner of the table.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, May 29th, 2018 at 02:42 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

A Show-how tip: pic of a watermelon round slice inflatable pool float filled with ice to make a fun affordable cooler.

Bug bites on kids: carry a travel size tube of toothpaste and apply paste to bites and leave on for a day then wash off with warm facecloth.

Keep your garden flourishing all summer long (do this once per month): spread a thin layer of coffee grounds over soil around your plants. When it rains, the grounds will release nitrogen to be absorbed by the plants. (Question: I have a jar of instant coffee granules that expires soon (end of May)-can I use the granules on the ground or would they be too strong for the plants? Rain is coming and I see a solution to tossing the grounds somewhere!)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While waiting for my advance voting poll location to open yesterday morning, I leafed through the Europe issue of Travel & Leisure-read quickly about Provence (France) and there's mention of a rarely made soup with garlic and herbs. Online, I found mention of it being a hangover cure and being served with eggs and cheese (actually I want my parents to give up dairy and eggs for awhile to see if they both perk up healthwise) and bread (something Dad needs to stop eating for a time too). Reason I printed off one version of the recipe is that it's a way to cook garlic into a dish and Dad loves garlic. Soup is called Aigo Bouido--has anyone made it or eaten it? I know I won't be keen to roast butternut squash with garlic on hot days so I'd like another option for garlic (16 cloves though...)

Here's the recipe I will take home: https://www.recipesource.com/soups/s...6/rec0666.html

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Looked over the upcoming FB and NF sale flyers Some good deals to be had. An abundance of strawberries and gala apples will be our fruit for the next week! Off to save my pc pts for strawberries!
    Do you wash the strawberries in a vinegar and water solution before storing them in the fridge to extend their edible life? Just curious-saw that tip but we don't do that at home. Basically a bowl of berries does not last long on the table (eating is fast).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Today is day 1 of Value Village's two day 50% off books and magazine sale.

Today is day 2 of Fabricland e-newsletter subscribers' use of two coupons (they expire today). One related to buying a certain amount of fabric but the other coupon lets customers pay only $6.50 for a McCall's pattern (good thing I'm not near the store or I'd find a pattern!).
    @coupon girl -thank you for posting about towels you bought. I want to check the Bay for their Boutique by Distinctly Home line of towels to see if they feel as good as they look in the flyers. I know Home Outfitters has the same line on sale now.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sassy Ashley -it's wonderful to read that your bbq zone is ready for a long season of outdoor use! I also liked your wanting to dine out and being served--such a pleasure not to have to make all the decisions or servings!
    @Angela 273 -congrats on the family's garage sale tallies and word of mouth for your next event!
    @Frugalbigmama -keep your savings posts coming! Inspired ways to save for various funds/goals! I know you had the garage spic and span well over a year ago-how is it possible to have two years of containers (I read that as beer cans unless you meant hardware cans like paint, solvents, etc.) in there?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 -you might love to find the French copy of Medical Medium at your bookstore and read the chapter on essential angels or see if your library carries the book. Since you are watching a show about a guardian angel...
    Giseledta, macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am thinking of purchasing a small freezer like this one if they deliver
    https://www.walmart.ca/fr/ip/conglat.../6000197066227
    AC will be put on this week end.A beautifull day with fresh air breeze in here !!!
    Giseledta, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mom told me I looked like a scarecrow recently with my hair. I forgot to ask which film scarecrow I most resembled.
    Still indecisive about using the First choice haircutters coupon (expires on Thurs) and I do want a cut...maybe while the rain falls on Thursday morning. Sigh.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Took a long not to hot bath this afternoon.So relaxing!!!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Do you wash the strawberries in a vinegar and water solution before storing them in the fridge to extend their edible life? Just curious-saw that tip but we don't do that at home. Basically a bowl of berries does not last long on the table (eating is fast).
    They don't last long at our place either

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since their website dont work I called O Sole Mioo For coupons and the lady said they dont offer coupons unless problems or complaint....But she will see if she can send some to me ..I hope so...Some people are so rude and frustrated on fb frenchs couponning groups..I asked a question where you get your vip 5$ coupons then,,,and I got *(&*(&(&*(& wow...
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, May 29th, 2018 at 04:20 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We spent the morning in the back yard. It was somewhat hot and muggy. We got rain last night and a thunder shower this afternoon with a fair bit of rain. The soccer field has mud puddles, so it’s cancelled for tonight.

I found some more teaching postings last night. It took me nearly 3hrs to complete and submit an application for two positions in the one school division. Some jobs are only posted for 4 days. I have some other ones to apply to this week.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, May 29th, 2018 at 08:01 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

supper was a lovely bbq tonight chicken ,mashed potatoes and carrots with homemade bread

-called a girlfriend I have known for 31 years and made a dinner date which was suppose to happen in april but life got busy so on Friday night we will meet at swiss chalet as she is having dental surgery the following week in june and I am getting my eyes done end of june -lol (cant wait as this friend is so lovely and we only meet 2 times a year )

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information