User Tag List

Page 162 of 233 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3492
Like Tree7607Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    I haven't been active on this thread but I regret to report a major theft of my points today. I got one of those emails saying "Congratulations, you've just redeemed 120,000 points!" And I'm like... NOOO, I did not. My other half lost the card we have (I keep the fob to use) back on March 8th so I immediately went to my account and changed the lost card over to "collect only". I'm really thorough about these kinds of things so I double and triple checked that the card had been deactivated for redeeming. I even checked back several times since it was lost and was satisfied that it was secure, wherever it was.

I called customer service and explained it all to them so they are doing an investigation and will let me know by email what they figure out. I specifically asked the customer service person if they had an activity record of me deactivating the lost card and she said that she couldn't say at this time. The redemption happened at 3:03 AM at a store that closes at 3:00 AM. So, whoever did it was pretty devious going in at the last minute in the middle of the night.

Ultimately I can absorb the loss if necessary and try to carry on with what is still my favourite points program but I was thinking what if it had happened to somebody who really scrimps and saves all year and uses the points at Christmas time to get their kids presents. These thieves truly have no conscience.

Has anyone else had points fraudulently redeemed from their accounts using a deactivated lost card?
    Omg Im So sorry that happened I can't believe thrres not a more secure way of protecting ourselves. That's awful anyway you look at it

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Ciel and dededi like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I haven't been active on this thread but I regret to report a major theft of my points today. I got one of those emails saying "Congratulations, you've just redeemed 120,000 points!" And I'm like... NOOO, I did not. My other half lost the card we have (I keep the fob to use) back on March 8th so I immediately went to my account and changed the lost card over to "collect only". I'm really thorough about these kinds of things so I double and triple checked that the card had been deactivated for redeeming. I even checked back several times since it was lost and was satisfied that it was secure, wherever it was.

I called customer service and explained it all to them so they are doing an investigation and will let me know by email what they figure out. I specifically asked the customer service person if they had an activity record of me deactivating the lost card and she said that she couldn't say at this time. The redemption happened at 3:03 AM at a store that closes at 3:00 AM. So, whoever did it was pretty devious going in at the last minute in the middle of the night.

Ultimately I can absorb the loss if necessary and try to carry on with what is still my favourite points program but I was thinking what if it had happened to somebody who really scrimps and saves all year and uses the points at Christmas time to get their kids presents. These thieves truly have no conscience.

Has anyone else had points fraudulently redeemed from their accounts using a deactivated lost card?
    It seems like PCO has been very good about restoring stolen points, so it seems likely yours will be replaced, although it may take some time, granted this is no excuse whatsoever for the collect-only setting not working.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Omg Im So sorry that happened I can't believe thrres not a more secure way of protecting ourselves.
    It's 20-20 hindsight, but I suspect it would have been more secure to take the seemingly unnecessary step of getting PCO to remove the card from the account altogether. Admittedly IDK if this is possible.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Thanks. Another strategy going forward for me will be to not accumulate so many points. Regular $10 redemptions at RCSS for groceries (mostly food) rather than occasional big redemptions at SDM on bonus redemption days.
    aussie, Ciel, 4sure5 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks. Another strategy going forward for me will be to not accumulate so many points. Regular $10 redemptions at RCSS for groceries (mostly food) rather than occasional big redemptions at SDM on bonus redemption days.
    Hope you get the big balance back, then hurry to shop after you change the setting again.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since the coupon scan thread pointed out more coupons, I went to Fortinos two days ago to get some and also picked up the Robin Hood booklet (no coupon).
    There was a PC optimum offer listed: buy 1 Robin Hood flour (2.5kg ) & 1 Crisco shortening (454g) and get 1500 PCO pts. Offer ends April 21 and is available at Loblaws, Atlantic Superstore, Zehrs, valu-mart, Your Independent Grocer and Real Canadian Superstore and in select Dominion stores in Newfoundland and Labrador.

Thought this offer will be worthy of attention for the SCers doing a baking blitz!
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Apr 2nd, 2019 at 03:27 PM. Reason: details added to points offer
    Colsgirl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For anyone looking to get an annual PC insiders membership. Pampers has a exclusive code for their rewards members for 50% of an annual subscription.
    PAMPERS50
    Ciel and nalaric like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just checked my app, and see that I've got an offer for 20,000 wus $60 [on almost everything...] ! Good today only.
    Anyone else get this ? Hard to pass up 1/3 off everything, including on sale items, so will definitely be making a trip to Shoppers today.
    Tweets77, Ciel, 4sure5 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    Just checked my app, and see that I've got an offer for 20,000 wus $60 [on almost everything...] ! Good today only.
    Anyone else get this ? Hard to pass up 1/3 off everything, including on sale items, so will definitely be making a trip to Shoppers today.
    Yes got it on both cards @Pointsman maybe I will do this offer with Pepsi FPC
    Ciel, Lavender Lady and Rubialoca like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Don't forget to push your offers you want to save!
    torontogal12 likes this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Yes got it on both cards @Pointsman maybe I will do this offer with Pepsi FPC
    That is a good deal!

20X days come close, though, when you would earn 18,000 for spending $60 and you would earn points, as well, on any additional money you spend. On 20X days, you earn 30% back in points.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Did anyone else get this email? I read through the " click here " part but nowhere do they tell you just how many Optimum points you get for participating in this. Also there is a phone number to call if you want to opt out....hmmmm, does that mean you are IN unless you phone and opt out??

We’re testing something new

PC Optimum, one of Canada’s best-loved loyalty programs, was designed to personalize your shopping experience, rewarding you for the purchases you need to make every day, and making it easy for you to redeem points on a wide range of products you want. Now, for a select group of PC Optimum members, we’re offering a new way to earn points, by delivering more relevant ads to you on behalf of our trusted advertisers.

This means as you browse the web or use social media you may be shown ads about products that we think will interest you, based on your previous purchases with us. This doesn’t mean you’ll see more ads, but rather the ads you see should be more relevant to you.
    And you’ll be rewarded with additional PC Optimum points just for receiving these ads.
    Rest assured, we will never provide your personal information to our advertisers. We’ll only let them know that the right audience was reached with their ad campaign. As described in our privacy policy, you can always opt out from this type of advertising.
    If you want to learn more about this offering, click here.

Sincerely,
    The PC Optimum Team
    Silk, Anna Michele and momi like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup - I got the email as well. Looks like it's an automatic opt in, phone to opt out. I'm fine with the free points for targeted advertising based on what I typically buy. How many points seems incredibly vague though!

1. How many PC Optimum points will I be awarded for being included in an ad campaign on behalf of a trusted advertiser?

The amount of PC Optimum points you receive will be based on:
    • The number of advertising campaigns you qualified for
    • The duration of the advertising campaigns you qualified for

Each customer that was selected to participate in a campaign will receive the same amount of points.
    walkonby and Anna Michele like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had the most bizarre experience on SR day yesterday. Shopped with my dad. Can't figure it out!
    3 milk regular $4.74, so $4.74*3*.8 = 11.37
    8 butter regular $3.99, so 3.99*8*.8 = 25.54
    5 eggs regular 2.79, so 2.79*5*.8 = 11.16
    1 pop regular 4.49, so 4.49*.8 = 3.59

Subtotal after discount before taxes/deposits = $51.63 (plus another $2.55 taxes and deposits).
    Everything rang in correctly, exactly as above. However my points are so weird!

Regular points: 615 (should have been 765... this was only base points on $41)
    In store bonus - 1 (that just means SR discount)
    Digital bonus points 6165 -
    Had a 600 pts for every $3 spent on butter, so I should have gotten 600*8= 4800, only got 3600
    Had a 20x pts on milk coupon, should have gotten 3135 but got 2565 (only got on $9 worth of milk, not $11 worth). I think I figured this one out though - after 20% off the milk is $3.83. So if I got 20x on each individual milk 3*15*19 is 855 points per milk. times 3 is 2565.

So, because my base points didn't show I spent $50+, no bonus 10 000 points. However, my cashier was awesome and noticed and after adding, re-adding and checking with the manager, I got those points.

I wish I could figure out what happened though!! I like knowing the system better than most cashiers so I can buy with confidence and know what I'm doing is going to work and get the most points possible. I work the system pretty good, and I know it very well! I can usually figure out how/why mistakes happen, but this one has me totally baffled!

Anyone else shop SR day yesterday? I'm gonna be watching my next few shops pretty close!
    Purdee and 4sure5 like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i find SDM points on the receipt are too confusing

Page 162 of 233 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 ... LastLast

Thread Information