User Tag List

Page 637 of 654 FirstFirst ... 137 537 587 627 635 636 637 638 639 647 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,555 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Think the funeral home must have sent two monument firms our mailing address. This week, two cards came in the mail-guess the businesses want some sales. Not without some research-I've been aware of things being paid for without adequate research and the money will not come back.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    DEALERSHIPS!!!!! and their constant up-selling!
    >>

This is by far the worst. Just bought a new vehicle and this is the most sickening part. Brand new car, they tell you how great it is then tell you the horror stories of not getting all the useless add-ons.

No thanks. I can do the protective spray elsewhere, undercoating and roll the dice with included warranty.

They are hoping you are a rube and willing to spend the extra $5000 on top of what you have already paid.

Poor salesman said... don't you want any of this junk...
    Nope... and walked out. lol
    Last edited by dyalect; Tue, Apr 16th, 2019 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    ROMEO, Tweets77, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wish I had a Roomba vacuum for the kitchen dining room area to nab all the bread crumbs, flour dust and more I keep stepping on in the morning. It's like family members forget to clean up because they don't have to...because they think I can clean up their messes.
    Could use a mini Roomba for the kitchen counter too, if the unit could leap over the double sinks on the sink edge from one side to the other.

Probably need to add more spoonfuls of sugar into my tea before I reach for the wet sponge or dustpan and broom...
    barbis9 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

did not realize McDonalds seniors for the coffee was 55 until i read it in a coupon book ,gee we could have saved a few hundred over the past 5 years if i knew(hubby likes their coffee) ,i always thought it was 60
    barbis9, Ciel, Linda Evans and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    did not realize McDonalds seniors for the coffee was 55 until i read it in a coupon book ,gee we could have saved a few hundred over the past 5 years if i knew(hubby likes their coffee) ,i always thought it was 60
    Go back for the free refills... you'll get it back eventually.
    abbasgirl, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sibling is seeking another used car of late. I could run those used car dealer lines at him again but I seriously told him if he aims to copy a fellow friend's lifestyle, to please deal with his own clutter first. He's upset of course.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you - I never asked what their definition of seniors was until I read it in the recent coupon book flyer......but I regularly collect stickers for coffee, as I'm sure you do so we are still doing good. I find stickers for discarded cups all of the time.

and I prefer the coffee promotion to the new timmies card.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sun, May 12th, 2019 at 12:09 PM.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Think the funeral home must have sent two monument firms our mailing address. This week, two cards came in the mail-guess the businesses want some sales. Not without some research-I've been aware of things being paid for without adequate research and the money will not come back.
    Or they looked at the obituaries section in the paper, but I think you are right, as my deceased parents had a stone already, so no one contacted us.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Don't you just hate it when a shopper touches your stuff after you paid for it?

DH buys groceries and uses self check out. He chooses the carousel closest to the exit. When the carousel was getting full, a shopper who just finishes paying stops at DH's carousel and picks up an item.
    DH: Stop touching my stuff.
    Lady: I just want to look at it.
    DH: Look with your eyes and not with your hands.
    Me: LOL
    barbis9, Ciel, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Something like that happened to me at the library one day. I had a couple of holds to pick up. Our library has a self-service counter for holds - when I got there, some lady was looking at one of my dvds. I called her on it and she has the nerve to say to me 'Don't worry, I don't want it' and just tosses it on the counter.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    After my dad passed away, my mom got contacted about lots of things - and too many bibles to count.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Or they looked at the obituaries section in the paper, but I think you are right, as my deceased parents had a stone already, so no one contacted us.
    A few days after my dad's funeral, my mom got a phonecall. Glad I happened to be home with her, she was shaken. It was a man, making very inappropriate sexual remarks to her - she wouldn't tell me what he said, but it bothered and hurt her to no end, and she didn't want me to tell my siblings so I was the only one who knew. I felt so badly for her... What a sick puke to do something like that to a recent widow.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pc express isn't useful at all at my local store. It's easier for us to just place a pick up order each week since the fee is waived (pc insider) and you can PM afterwards. Every week at my store however they miss a bunch of items that are obviously in store. Last week chicken was on sale and they apparently had none available despite 2 end displays being full and they "ran out" of bananas and apples. What's the point if I have to go inside to grab items anyways? I've heard they apparently are timed for each item so it might be easier for the employees to say it is unavailable than be reprimanded but why bother offering terrible service?
    barbis9, Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

A few days after my dad's funeral, my mom got a phonecall. Glad I happened to be home with her, she was shaken. It was a man, making very inappropriate sexual remarks to her - she wouldn't tell me what he said, but it bothered and hurt her to no end, and she didn't want me to tell my siblings so I was the only one who knew. I felt so badly for her... What a sick puke to do something like that to a recent widow.

That's awful.

Probably a good job no-one phoned me like that. I have an inappropriate sense of humour at the best of times. Depending on my mood, I could have been playing along in a very nasty fashion.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i've been coughing for over a month! i'm not sure if it's a cold, allergies or a side effect of medication that isn't listed..it is absolutely exhausting i can't lay down to sleep, i've tried just about everything, allergy meds, cold meds, flu meds, both the liquid and pill types, antihistamines, nasal spray, prescription cough syrup with codeine (that some but it only lasted so long till i ran out).. i feel i should start singing "it's the cold that never ends... it goes on and on my friends.. people start coughing not knowing what it was.. and they will continue coughing forever just because....." on repeat
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Rant/Unrant
    Quick service for the car. Got the feeling that the car place was not treating me well because I am female. Checked with a female friend. When I told her, her mouth wide open and her eyes wide open. She said call the head office. Checked with a male friend. His mouth wide open and his eyes wide open. He said that that was poor customer service. So called CAA. CAA said, “He said WHA?T!”. CAA transferred me to a regional rep. After 2 days, got:
    50% off my CAA membership.
    An apology
    The car place will get a visit from the regional rep.
    Maybe the car place will realize that this is 2019 and not 1919 and you can’t treat female customers poorly.

Page 637 of 654 FirstFirst ... 137 537 587 627 635 636 637 638 639 647 ... LastLast

Thread Information