User Tag List

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Cool north wind is blowing through but it's kinder to laundry outside than a warm wind!
    Am getting some grocery and personal care needs stocked up today. Still on napkin holder quest-will check Sobeys and non-flyer Rexall. If it comes to it, I'll visit Kitchen Stuff Plus or Home Hardware for one that will hold napkins while in use outdoors. Basically I have to pick a metal one (not my fave at all) but KSP has an Umbra one that will squeeze sides closer as napkins empty.

Did some hand laundry after breakfast (I've eaten several sliced cheese with bread sandwiches) and was fighting off urge to sleep. Happy to have my shopping cart on hand (BTW, KSP has the foldable shopping cart with straps listed as a $10 hot deal until Aug 5; my KSP cart has a firm handle) for my travels.

Fabricland has a clearance sale from Aug 2-5 (ON region 1). Saw mention of special selections of Yarn on sale, @SassyAshley , if you think you need to check them out. Plan to see the fabrics tomorrow-spring and summer fabrics up to 75% off-not sure what's available for linen blends in solid tones. Fabricland tweeted about $5/m rayon blends too. Intend to see if clearance shoe store has runners or slip on shoes I can use so I can bin my current shoes (still something irking Mom whenever she sees me wearing them. At least I have had 5 months' wear out of them!

Found a Pepsi Stuff cap yesterday and entered the code today along with a new code from today's purchase.
    Will see if I find any treasures in big box land and will peek at Shoppers over there. Perrier slim cans are on sale for Saturday and I'd like to get 3-4 cases @$3.99. Have to check my local store-stock was still iffy. Plus pick up a Staples flyer!
    barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Longos has member pricing on Maple Leaf chicken. Have to check if that variety can have the RWA coupon applied for more savings ($2 off; member pricing is $4.99/lb).
    barbis9 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

On my way home at lunch (I ate my lunch at work earlier) I stopped at Giant Tiger and spent $8.99 (Paid $8 in change and put $1 on my credit card...) I bought a 6pk of burger patties to try, 28pk of Chapman Fudge on stick and brick of cream cheese (for nacho dip in Sept for DS lunch a few days).
    Then once home I read the paper with the free flyers (it is very small now and they are reminding you to subscribe for $5.99 a month as they will stop delivering it for free (so they have been saying for almost a year) Put away 2 bins of clean laundry. Productive lunch break!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I almost forgot to post the US recall on sleepers that was mentioned on the morning show today. Since some of us do shop in the US, please share this alert with parents of small children, in case they have these sleepers:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/01/us/di...all/index.html

I did not find the recall on the Healthy Canadians site, but that site has a recall on Vivo Mount-Play 5 Speaker Wall Mounts for Sonos speakers: https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recal...70607r-eng.php
    barbis9 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Check your flyers for Canadian Tire gas bar sale "Present this flyer and save 5 cents per litre" Our day is Tuesday August 6th.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This week's community paper had exactly 28 pages of content! Must be the slimmest after the end of the year issue.
    Glad I got most of the flyers!
    barbis9 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well since it is August 1st I think I am safe to prep my freezer with some freezer dump bags (for crock-pot)
    BLSL chicken breasts are on for $3.44LB (I think that is the price) at RCSS and I have personal pc pts for chicken.
    I am going to make a few dump bags, chicken souvlaki bags (dump in pan and cook up) and marinade chicken (prob just the souvlaki) so it is ready to make chicken kebobs (just have to add fresh peppers/onion/zucchini etc. I think I may do this tonight since my kitchen is clean and I have all the stuff needed (just need to buy the chicken...will redeem points for it since Free meat is the best!!)
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    It has been another week and I am really starting to feel the no down time. I worked all weekend and have been working every night after work as well. Originally I had to cover someone today and tomorrow as they were supposed to be off but their procedure has been moved to September so I asked for tomorrow off. I was a little worried they would say no since I asked so last minute but once I explained why I asked so late they were good with me being off tomorrow, so 4 day weekend for me. Now the trick will be to not work, sound so easy but I hate being behind.

I feel like we did a lot of shopping this week but it is only because none of the stores had stock this week so I went a few times to try to get what I wanted. In end most of our shopping this week was to stock up the stockpile. Everything is still up on the air with Mom but we had the money in our budget this week and the items were on sale so I decided to go ahead and stock up. We got:
    4 x Laundry Detergent $2
    4 x Dish Soap $1.44
    4 x Chai Tea $2
    2 x Peppermint Tea $2
    2 x Feta $2
    4 x Boconchini (sp?) $2
    2 x Iceburg Lettuce $2
    4 x Sweet Basil Pasta Sauce $2
    4 x Roasted Portobello Pasta Sauce $2
    4 x Diced Tomatoes $1
    2 x Green Beans $1
    4 x Salsa $2
    8 x Nacho $2 (Various flavours, I have a weakness for Hint of Lime with Guacamole)
    4 x Mango $1

I have no looked at this week's flyers yet but more than likely it will be fresh stuff we pick up this week.

Even though I have been working each night after work I have been trying to tackle a few things around the house, mostly just keeping the kitchen clean. My restrictions are lifted as of this week but after some heavy lifting (groceries) I am having some side pain so think I over did it.

Off to make dinner, hope everyone has a wonderful night.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ventured off into big box land and found a Coke contest cap and some empties, which rarely occurs with me!
    Bought some personal care and food items at the Shoppers there ($24 later), got the Staples flyer and whoa found a similar planner to what I usually get in Oct but with floral cover and tinted pages (plus pageholders, annual correction fluid buy, multipack of small notepads for Mom's holder, and the 12pk of Bic Atlantic retractable pens in black (FINALLY)). Very glad the pens were not only online, like they are at Walmart (more expensive there, just over $14). Then a $28 shop at Sobeys (10 bonus AM wub 1 Emergen-C supplement for $10.99, a clearance Knorr sidekicks for $1.64 (tomato, basil, garlic v--- pasta), napkins on sale, Coke Cherry Sorbet, etc.

Might have time to pop into Value Village for last look at 50% off Summer clothing sale. Rexall flyer has some 99 cent deals tomorrow and I intend to nab a couple of them.

As for Perrier Slim cans, the big box Shoppers had about 1 each of the flavoured kind and only 2 of the regular kind. Have to see if my local store got any more stock as there was only one case this week.

On the walk back to the library, my left shoe let me know the outer edge of the front sole is coming apart. So I literally have reason to go to the shoe store tomorrow.

Lovely evening here and it's still cool and breezy! See you online on Saturday.
    barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Stopped at RCSS on way home to get the chicken on sale. Found chicken fillets for same price but with 30 % off stickers so grabbed 4 family packs of that instead and 2 bbq sauce. Free with coupon. Total came to $33.70. Used $30 in PC pts and paid with change for diff. Received around $3.60 in pc pts.
    I have 3 bags of souvlaki chunks and a large bag with separated bags of fillets all in the freezer now. Happy!!!!
    Im also ecstatic that they gave me 50,000 pc pts today for getting the free pc insider's subscription. Unreal!!!
    Ciel and Lavender Lady like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Already started to plan my shop with my family friend for next week, well, actually started on Tuesday when the flyers were posted up here (A thanks to Cyn88 for posting those every week!). Lots of fresh stuff at No Frills and Freshco this week for her.

Organic Strawberries (About 16pks)
    Corn on the Cob
    Zucchini
    Seedless Cucumber
    Field Tomatoes
    Iceberg Lettuce
    Green Peppers
    Carrots (2lb bag)
    Broccoli Crowns
    Limes
    Pillers Deli Meat
    Seedless Oranges
    Cantaloupes...

And I'm sure there will be plenty of other items she needs/wants, she did just do about $100 in groceries over the past week, paid for mainly with points she got from the Mobile Shop (300,000Pts for three new phones, moving her and her family AWAY from Robbers), but we've still got about $270 in points to use even after the points she redeemed!
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Today I was at Shoppers for seniors day. Was really glad I got 10,000 bonus points for spending over $50. I was happy when the cashier suspended my order as I was just under $50, so I picked up another item and qualified for the bonus.

I went looking for Ontario strawberries but Fortinos is out of stock till tomorrow. I will go early as they go so fast.
    Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Today I went to neurologist at Burnaby hospital we left at 6am and got there at 6:39am rather early. Usually rush hour traffic is worse. The neurologist was not receptive at all and kept chalking up my symptoms up to anxiety and depression which I have. I really felt not heard and in despair. But they did order a MRI to make sure it wasn’t something more serious. If my doctor thought it was serious enough to send me to them then maybe instead of jumping to conclusions before the actual tests are done they shouldn’t say .

After we went to Canadian Tire to kill some time then to IKEA. I was exhausted by the time we got home. I bought at Canadian tire a new cookie scoop, dryer sheets and a scented beads. At IKEA I bought food to eat at their cafeteria. Then we went and looked around I picked up a blue tablet stand, purple napkins and queen duvet cover that included pillow cases.

I am waiting on Order from Amazon they shipped it by FedEx it suppose to be delivered tomorrow. It’s a mic stand for Tracy.

Anyway I am going to clean a frying pan for a grilled cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope all gave a good long weekend! Running around getting a few things done on this end.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all a very busy day here getting thing together. Myself and family decided that since it’s a long weekend we can get away to go visit my side of the family. So enjoy your long weekend all.

Happy that we can access our inbox again so I am looking forward to start trading again and be able start PM members here.
    Last edited by flemeth; Fri, Aug 2nd, 2019 at 06:31 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information