User Tag List

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

COVID-19has brought out the stupid in soooo many people. My weekly shopping trip to pick up a couple of groceries was like watching a hoard of mongrels..fighting over toilet paper, hitting shopping carts, and then yelling at others if they ‘touched’ you. When I got to the cashier with my usual 6 or 7 items, the cashier actually said it was nice to see me.... a normal person. A guy ahead of me had a cart load of toilet paper and 12 big bags of coffee....really?
    I am not thinking of hoarding toilet paper, or anything else. I am thinking about my bills that I am going to struggle with. So many ‘events’ being cancelled, my orders are being cancelled too. No income, and I bet the government won’t give me any ‘missing’ wages benefit because my business is too small.
    I know I am not the only person who is going to struggle financially, but I am tired of hearing the government officials telling me not to worry...they will help, when I know I will fall through the cracks......
    ok, done ranting...might as well do my housework...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ROMEO, Ciel, GoJays and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i feel the same......hubby had the balls to go to walmart at 7;am....i told him he was INSANE! we dont even NEED TP. he was in line for almost an hour.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was in a small pharmacy where I was filling a prescription for my Mum today and I was joking to to the pharmacist he should chain up his hand sanitizer.He told me it was his only one.A lady customer came in after me and was wanting hand sanitizer for the kids at school.He said he has none.She was then after his hand sanitizer.A pharmacist absolutely needs his hand sanitizer when dispensing prescriptions.I wish turned around and told her to back off the hand sanitizer.
    CheriLyn likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@olivercat i agree with you, while most are crazy about hoarding toilet papers, rice, etc. at this time, i'm more worried about how am i going to pay my monthly bills
    i'm still worried about my little ones from contacting germs etc. but that's no different than any other time, i keep them at home more often these days and only me or my hubby would go out for groceries
    yesterday at rcss, my hubby could not find any bread, eggs and turkey lunch meat - he even sent me pics of the empty shelves. My DD#1 is a super picky eater but she will eat turkey and turkey sandwiches any time so now i'm also scared that the store won't have any in stock for awhile, so today i had to go out #1 to pick up meds from SDM and #2 to pick up essential grocery items but still i only bought 1 pack of turkey lunch meat, 1 loaf of bread, 1 pack of eggs @ rcss. That were all i could afford this week. My hubby and i are adults and we don't have any food allergies so we can eat pretty much anything - we're not picky. I only worry about my DD#1 who's 4 and DD#2 who's 9 mths
    Thank goodness i am stocked up on toilet paper and paper towels throughout the year whenever there were good sales combined with coupons and/or points. I make my own baby food and buy fruits/veggies from flash food app to make the majority of my baby food then freeze them. I am also stocked up on baby formula and diapers.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

why are people buying up all the bread? its perishable.. it was empty on all the shelves.. one store only had bagels and muffins... rcss had some store-baked bread in stock though.. what are people doing with all this bread at once....

i have one hand sanitizer but its over 2 years old.. do you think it will still work?
    ROMEO and Shwa Girl like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Blackbird Bakery opened up a 2nd location in Toronto not far from my home. It is nice knowing I can go there anytime and get freshly baked (that early morning) bread and other baked goods. Bread can be frozen so maybe that is why people are emptying the shelves?

Apparently hand sanitizer does expire, 2-3 years after manufacture. But the second link says that does not mean it still cannot be used.

Link:
    https://www.insider.com/does-hand-sanitizer-expire

Link:
    https://www.quora.com/Does-hand-sanitizer-expire
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sun, Mar 15th, 2020 at 08:20 PM.
    Poirot and CheriLyn like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Panic and mayhem. If people would just pickup what they need EVERYONE will be ok. Sigh.
    Tweets77, Linda Evans and CheriLyn like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    why are people buying up all the bread? its perishable.. it was empty on all the shelves.. one store only had bagels and muffins... rcss had some store-baked bread in stock though.. what are people doing with all this bread at once....
    I've seen people freeze their extra sliced bread and put it in the toaster to warm them up, like frozen waffles.
    Last edited by CheriLyn; Mon, Mar 16th, 2020 at 01:33 PM.
    ROMEO and Linda Evans like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think the hoarding is going to get worse because Trudeau just stopped all entry into the country unless you are a citizen or a permanent resident or a us citizen
    walkonby and CheriLyn like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

COVID makes us, isolated all events cancelled and my nearest Save-on-foods has no toilet paper, no bleach, boy, my dad was puzzled and bewildered why no 🧻, angry of course, I did the best stayed at home TIL it’s safe to go out
    ROMEO, Poirot and walkonby like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

im sitting at home one week
    only pizza and tv shows but i think i do right.

Jafar.
    Linda Evans likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

@olivercat , this might make you feel better: people who cleared out Costco, and are trying to return items now, are greeted with a sign
    Returns will not be accepted on: toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizing wipes, water, rice, Lysol
    abbasgirl, Ciel, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i thought it would be a good idea to have a thermometer in the house...(just in case) i called walmart & they had one left, but i was too scared to go . im having ALOT of anxiety with this dam pandemic....anyone else afraid to "breathe deep"....
    Ciel, GatineauGirl and Shirnette like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    @olivercat , this might make you feel better: people who cleared out Costco, and are trying to return items now, are greeted with a sign
    @Shwa Girl for the life of me I cannot understand who is trying to return those things and why?
    It's not like paper products turn bad??
    ROMEO, Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Shwa Girl for the life of me I cannot understand who is trying to return those things and why?
    It's not like paper products turn bad??
    It could be because of people like the ones in this news story that have now been shut down by places like ebay, amazon and kijiji and have no choice but to try and take them back rather than loose their initial investment

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...ofit-1.5496733
    Last edited by Thatdone; Sun, Mar 22nd, 2020 at 04:16 PM.
    abbasgirl, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information