User Tag List

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think covid-19 cabin fever has finally set in. I got bored today and was searching for recipes and next thing you know I am trying to make popcorn in my Instant pot.
    wendymac, Ciel, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

How did your popcorn turn out?

QUOTE=Thatdone;7039269]I think covid-19 cabin fever has finally set in. I got bored today and was searching for recipes and next thing you know I am trying to make popcorn in my Instant pot.[/QUOTE]

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Actually it worked out pretty good.

https://www.earthfoodandfire.com/instant-pot-popcorn/

I used regular corn oil and it worked out fine and I used the lid off of our crock pot as the cover
    Last edited by Thatdone; Wed, Mar 25th, 2020 at 10:59 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    I think covid-19 cabin fever has finally set in. I got bored today and was searching for recipes and next thing you know I am trying to make popcorn in my Instant pot.
    I made bread, not in an instant pot. I can't tell you the last time I made bread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

To be perfectly honest there are many projects I " could " dive into. I've been wanting to transfer all our old media over to something digital, if I could have all of it on a bunch of thumb drives that would be perfect! But there are reels of 8mm, super 8, camcorder tapes, and VHS tapes that all have to be viewed, edited, etc.
    I have already talked myself out of starting once again.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

A daunting job indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    To be perfectly honest there are many projects I " could " dive into. I've been wanting to transfer all our old media over to something digital, if I could have all of it on a bunch of thumb drives that would be perfect! But there are reels of 8mm, super 8, camcorder tapes, and VHS tapes that all have to be viewed, edited, etc.
    I have already talked myself out of starting once again.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

To be honest, I am still working as we are essential and still open but I am working from home.

But I kept telling myself if we got the 2 week shut down I would deep clean the house, yeah that has not happened although sis and I had a conversation about vacuums the other day and deep cleaning. Looks like we are the only 2 in the family feeling this way, everyone else made fun of us.
    Ciel, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Holed in because I wanted to flatten the curve, I am actually bored, but I loved colouring and drawing, painting pictures. Nah because I don’t have the paints usually do it in an art room provided by a rec Center. I am cooking with lentils, quinoa and carrots, cabbage and chicken broth. Lots of anti oxidation vegetable and spices. Taught myself how to make turmeric lattes. I am going mad, too many annoying things parent dad is just annoying tsk tsk tsk
    Ciel, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

COVID rant
    I can't stay home. I have to go in to work.
    On a positive note, the drive in is faster since there is less people on the road. It's curious that once or twice per week, the drive to work is as if there was no COVID-19. I am guessing some go in to work a couple of days per week.

COVID rant
    We are short staffed. On a positive note, we are getting lots of overtime hours. I hope to use the overtime when this is over so we can take time off work and relax.

COVID rant
    The stock market is not so hot. So people's investments are not doing too well.
    On a positive note, you could say that the stock market is on 'sale'. Plus there are some offers that can help make money over the next few months
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/437190...0-days-canada/
    Ciel, coupon girl, plc and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Shwa Girl for the life of me I cannot understand who is trying to return those things and why?
    It's not like paper products turn bad??
    walkonby, we had stored TP in the basement and our neighbourhood had a mouse problem due to someone being a hoarder and moved out. The mice were looking for new homes. The mice ripped the TP package and used the TP for nesting. We threw the rolls out.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Mar 28th, 2020 at 08:03 AM.
    Ciel, walkonby and Lavender Lady like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

why cant people just stay home?
    government: stay home
    goverment: its ok to go out for a walk (my roommate went out for a "WALK" for 5-6 hours)

government: closing non-essential business
    government: pretty much almost every business are essential (my work is "essential")

government: thank you for people still working to provide essential service
    government: we are going to give money to people without work, nothing special for you. (what about people making minimum wage such as cashiers in grocery store, they are making $14 or $15 hourly, they had to expose themselve to numerous people, and earn probably around $2000 monthly)

STAY HOME, DONT GO OUT FOR A WALK!
    Last edited by xueer246; Sat, Mar 28th, 2020 at 10:59 PM. Reason: adding more
    Ciel, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

went to 2 giant tigers to try to find clorox wipes...both sold out. not gonna stand in line at 8am. I will make my own with a bleach solution. also made a mask out of paper towel, rubber bands & stapler...hey its better than nothin! lol
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    went to 2 giant tigers to try to find clorox wipes...both sold out. not gonna stand in line at 8am. I will make my own with a bleach solution. also made a mask out of paper towel, rubber bands & stapler...hey its better than nothin! lol
    @Linda Evans , there are alternatives to Clorox wipes. You may have all purpose cleaners at home that state on the label that they are tested to kill bacteria and viruses. Use these with clean cloths at home to disinfect.
    Ciel, luvthefree and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Pusateris: Toronto upscale grocery store is being shamed because they were trying to sell Lysol wipes for 29.99 per container.
    https://www.facebook.com/Pusateris/

Ontario government heard about this and other price gouging and put in place
    an emergency order on price-gouging. The new penalties include those for both individuals and corporations, Individuals: a ticket of $750 or if summoned and convicted, a max penalty of a $100,000 find and year in jail. -Corportations: fine for a company director or officer of up to $500,000, up to a year in jail and a fine to the corporation as a whole of $10 million.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Mar 29th, 2020 at 06:30 AM.
    Skippy, Ciel and Linda Evans like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    @Linda Evans, there are alternatives to Clorox wipes. You may have all purpose cleaners at home that state on the label that they are tested to kill bacteria and viruses. Use these with clean cloths at home to disinfect.
    Yes, this exactly...

The only reason I have wipes are to be portable. I take a container with me in the car if I need to be out, to wipe down stuff as I transfer it... from store to car to home. And especially when I drop off stuff to the front steps of shut-ins (eg: older folks), I take things in a rubbermaid bin and wipe it down inside and out before delivering it. Too cautious? maybe, but better safe than sorry.

But around the home, I just use my usual cleaners and rags. However, at this point, if I'm infected (and I'm pretty certain I'm not with no symptoms and ailments) doing any EXTRA disinfecting/cleaning (outside of my norm) in my house isnt going to make much of a difference at this point. Granted, I live alone, so I also dont have anyone else coming and going who might be bringing it in with them either.
    Ciel, luvthefree and Linda Evans like this.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information