User Tag List

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Lots of tips and treasures in this post. I haven't tried soap on my face shield. I have found tilting up so my breath isn't directly on the shield helps most of the time. It is meant as eye protection and I can use eye goggles (not safety glasses), but I teach middle school, which is hard enough without the googles, lol. I am sticking to the shield.

School going well. I did an activity using dice. I had to disinfect 40 dice afterward. Lots of learning for me too.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Cases increase in qc day by day that is scary
    Giseledta, Ciel, dyalect and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My daughter is a teacher in Newmarket and she was telling us that in her school just over half of the students are now doing online learning.
    In her school they just had to move another two teachers to online teaching because the number of students switching to at home is continual. I guess it is because Ontario covid numbers are always climbing. She is happy that she was put to online teaching at the beginning of the year so she is already set up and going and not trying to adjust into it.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

tip toeing into this thread.
    very interesting reading.....

what i am noticing... is .. empty shelves.. or creative shelving.....

2 of my kids work at a SDM. both say the store orders stuff and it is hit or miss on if it comes in.

my local small store... ( grocery) had a 1/4 of thier meat dept filled with eggs..... .... however , for the first time i actually saw a staff member cleaning freezer handles. granted i do live in a small town. .. i fully expect the supply chain is keeping the bigger stores stocked. better.
    Ciel, cath007, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

According to CP24 there are 700 new cases in Ontario today.344 of those cases are in Toronto.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    According to CP24 there are 700 new cases in Ontario today.344 of those cases are in Toronto.
    One thing I don't understand is how a number of people I know who are well aware of the rising trend are apparently doing nothing in terms of cutting back on how socially active they are, how many times they go into stores and other public spaces, etc. The most common justification, although not the only one by any means, is along the lines of "I'm only doing what the government allows." The problem with this is that what the government allows clearly isn't working all that well.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Any person can twist anything the way they want to. The number of people I have heard say something along the line:
    "If I can go to Tim's for my daily Coffee, kids can Trick or Treat"

"We are still having our big Thanksgiving Dinner even though limits have been lowered, we had a BBQ in August and none of us got sick them"

"If my kid can return to school they can start having sleepovers and going to Birthday parties again"

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    One thing I don't understand is how a number of people I know who are well aware of the rising trend are apparently doing nothing in terms of cutting back on how socially active they are, how many times they go into stores and other public spaces, etc. The most common justification, although not the only one by any means, is along the lines of "I'm only doing what the government allows." The problem with this is that what the government allows clearly isn't working all that well.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Montreal and Quebec are a red hot zone now...our city is still yellow seems the 28 days social abstinance will be the only way to lower the cases...
    Giseledta, Ciel and dyalect like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It still amazes me that even though China has about 4x the population of the US, China has far less covid cases then the US. Either that or i am being miss lead of what i am reading on the net

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    It still amazes me that even though China has about 4x the population of the US, China has far less covid cases then the US. Either that or i am being miss lead of what i am reading on the net
    China's national leadership is able to enforce anti-COVID measures pretty well, while it seems like their US counterparts just keep denying that that serious actions are necessary.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=Granger;7088437]Lots of tips and treasures in this post. I haven't tried soap on my face shield. I have found tilting up so my breath isn't directly on the shield helps most of the time. It is meant as eye protection and I can use eye goggles (not safety glasses), but I teach middle school, which is hard enough without the googles, lol. I am sticking to the shield.

School going well. I did an activity using dice. I had to disinfect 40 dice afterward. Lots of learning for me too.[/QUOTE
    ]
    I think even Google has virtual dice where you can select which type you use and how many to roll at once. Probably easier to use and project in your classroom. I think trying to find 'virtual' everything will be the name of the game for all of us for awhile. It's too bad the students lose out on the tactile stuff, but remaining safe is important.

Near us, the high school kids are doing one subject per week. A week of math, a week of Phys Ed, etc...

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    China's national leadership is able to enforce anti-COVID measures pretty well, while it seems like their US counterparts just keep denying that that serious actions are necessary.
    They comply with measures put in place as well. A definite difference when comparing 'this is my constitutional right' and the Chinese ability to abide by laws and sanctions.

Our good friends have a cottage just over the border on the lake and haven't been able to get there since February (weather then COVID) and certainly they have cameras and a few good neighbours who look out for them, but it's rotten to be paying a mortgage on a place you haven't been able to go to for many months.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Len's Mill flyer still shows that the stores don't take cash, but accept debit or credit payments instead.
    Their store hours are 9am to 5pm, Mon to Sat.
    cath007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If potus got sick their is no hope for america. This rise in numbers is basically bad behaviour moving indoors and spreading disease. The sights I saw at parks and beaches was horrendous. And here we are.
    walkonby and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Wow
    939 covid cases today
    Giseledta and cath007 like this.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information