User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: How are you spending Easter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just a quiet day at home with DH-think I will throw a ham and veggies in the oven.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Just a quiet day at home with DH-think I will throw a ham and veggies in the oven.
    We are doing the same at my house
    Ciel and SnowFlakey like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

right now sharing some videos that make me anxious for Spring!!

Ciel, TudorChick and SnowFlakey like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For us, roasted ham with mashed spuds and sides of veg. We are treating ourselves for making it 28 days in the house (more or less), with champagne to start the evening off!

Wishing all a very Happy Easter if you celebrate, and a wonderful day for all!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just my hubby and I ,alone like it was for the first 3 years of our marriage -lol

It's not the same without m kids and grandchildren .

A silver lining thou my dear grown son & daughter got me a tablet for an early mother's day gift and I got it last night .So was able to see them this morning on Zoom ,my son and his wife and girls and my daughter /hubby and son -the 3 of us were on it .Wow love this technology it made me a lot more happy .

Son picked up his girls gifts on Wednesday after work from us ,and then he took the easter gift to Toronto for my grandson .
    Purdee, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We had Pizza for supper. I was gonna make a ham and potatoes, etc..but it's just my hubs, son and myself. We usually go to my parents and have a ham or turkey. I for the first time realized how real and how depressing it is, when i called my mom who i call every day or every other day to tell her i was dropping off flowers and a card for her and my Dad. I was standing at the end of her sidewalk, i saw her give me a package for my son, and take my flowers. she shouted "love you, Happy Easter!" and i shouted the same.

I know I can't be around them. I was happy to see my mom in person kinda..facetime is facetime...yeah...that was hard for me. I hope in the future when we get over this, we don't ever take people we love for granted. I am not a hugger, and i always used to go "mom...." when she'd hug me or kiss me on my cheek. you know, the "ewww moooooom" that we did in school. I will kiss her when i get the chance.
    Ciel, coupon girl and walkonby like this.

~just your average nerd~

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    We had Pizza for supper. I was gonna make a ham and potatoes, etc..but it's just my hubs, son and myself. We usually go to my parents and have a ham or turkey. I for the first time realized how real and how depressing it is, when i called my mom who i call every day or every other day to tell her i was dropping off flowers and a card for her and my Dad. I was standing at the end of her sidewalk, i saw her give me a package for my son, and take my flowers. she shouted "love you, Happy Easter!" and i shouted the same.

I know I can't be around them. I was happy to see my mom in person kinda..facetime is facetime...yeah...that was hard for me. I hope in the future when we get over this, we don't ever take people we love for granted. I am not a hugger, and i always used to go "mom...." when she'd hug me or kiss me on my cheek. you know, the "ewww moooooom" that we did in school. I will kiss her when i get the chance.
    @TudorChick
    isn't that the truth. Our kids would never initiate a hug once they reached that cool age, as well as try to squirm away when we'd corner them. But now more than ever I crave those big tight bear hugs that confirm everything is gonna be alright.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

This has nothing to do with Easter but i have to tell you a little story about hugs. Last summer, our granddaughter 3 won a singing contest and was a featured singer at the St Jean Baptiste festivities on June 24th. grandson 1 is 11 years old and is at the age when he doesnt want to even hug his mother in public. We were all at the festivities and he came over to see us with his friends. I called him over to give him a hug but he didnt want to because he was embarrassed. So i said to him: I am your grandmother and you are very lucky to have a grandmother. Some of your friends dont have a grandmother but you still have one. So never be embarrassed to give me a hug. And from that day onward, he has always given me hugs without even me asking him no matter who is with him. Even his mother is surprised.
    Ciel, coupon girl and GatineauGirl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SnowFlakey Considering my grandparents lived in Europe, I was kind of jealous of my fellow high school classmates when they would talk about grandparents and what they did together over Christmas break. I like how you summed it up for your grandchild. Maybe one or more of his friends understood your message really well and ensured s/he was willing to hug their own grandparent(s) (I am assuming non-creepy relationship because most families have at least one relative that gives that creepy vibe no one really enjoys as a youth or child).

Easter is next weekend and it will be low-key. The plan is get any baking done today or tomorrow and I'd like to colour a dozen eggs. Have to see what I can do as I did not get baking supplies and Mom bought the eggs last week. No idea about any main course or side dishes.
    Pleased to have found Aero Lamb and KitKat bunny chocolate treats yesterday (ate mine and have some for Mom for Sunday).
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @SnowFlakey Considering my grandparents lived in Europe, I was kind of jealous of my fellow high school classmates when they would talk about grandparents and what they did together over Christmas break. I like how you summed it up for your grandchild. Maybe one or more of his friends understood your message really well and ensured s/he was willing to hug their own grandparent(s) (I am assuming non-creepy relationship because most families have at least one relative that gives that creepy vibe no one really enjoys as a youth or child).

Easter is next weekend and it will be low-key. The plan is get any baking done today or tomorrow and I'd like to colour a dozen eggs. Have to see what I can do as I did not get baking supplies and Mom bought the eggs last week. No idea about any main course or side dishes.
    Pleased to have found Aero Lamb and KitKat bunny chocolate treats yesterday (ate mine and have some for Mom for Sunday).
    Happy Easter Ciel! Since i am Ukrainian, hubby and i will be celebrating also but without the family. We of Eastern European origin are lucky because we get to celebrate the "English" holidays and then we celebrate the Ukrainian holidays! I mean 2 Christmases, 2 New Years, 2 Easters, we even actually celebrate 2 Groundhog Days (although it isnt called groundhod day in Ukrainian). So once again Ciel, Happy Easter.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    bwahahaha!! I think our DD will be doing that....great post @GatineauGirl
    Aw....so nice to be acknowledged. Thanks Hope your DD was okay, all things considered.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    This has nothing to do with Easter but i have to tell you a little story about hugs. Last summer, our granddaughter 3 won a singing contest and was a featured singer at the St Jean Baptiste festivities on June 24th. grandson 1 is 11 years old and is at the age when he doesnt want to even hug his mother in public. We were all at the festivities and he came over to see us with his friends. I called him over to give him a hug but he didnt want to because he was embarrassed. So i said to him: I am your grandmother and you are very lucky to have a grandmother. Some of your friends dont have a grandmother but you still have one. So never be embarrassed to give me a hug. And from that day onward, he has always given me hugs without even me asking him no matter who is with him. Even his mother is surprised.
    Beautiful story....and, "Right On!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information