User Tag List

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I know this thread is about COVID. But, come Fall, it's flu season. Not just flu, the rest of the Fall gang will be trying to get ya:
    rhinovirus
    respiratory syncitial virus (RSV)
    pneumonia after flu, rninovirus, RSV

So getting a flu shot in 2020 is more important. If you are sick and had the flu shot, they may be able to rule out the flus as the reason (influenza A, influenza B, H1N1 flu).
    So older folks getting a pneumonia shot in 2020 is more important.

Hoping for the COVID vaccine real soon.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Aug 21st, 2020 at 05:57 PM.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Hoping for the COVID vaccine real soon.
    Hoping as well... but realistically, I dont see us receiving one until this time next year at the earliest.

There are still several months of trials yet. Now assuming they got it right and those trials pass the test. 🤞, the next hurdle is mass production. Keeping in mind that the whole world needs it...
    and once they DO start rolling out, who do you think will be the first to get it? It wont be us common folk.

Anyone who says there could be one by the end of the year (like the orange man with the funny hair) doesn't know how these things are done.

Sorry... just being realistic.
    Ciel, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    and once they DO start rolling out, who do you think will be the first to get it? It wont be us common folk.
    Yup. First in line are first responders and health care workers. Especially health care workers from long term care, retirement homes and group homes.
    Giseledta, Tweets77 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

My wild and crazy guess is people with money and/or political connections.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup. First in line are first responders and health care workers. Especially health care workers from long term care, retirement homes and group homes.
    I would HOPE that would be the case, but sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    My wild and crazy guess is people with money and/or political connections.
    ...I think this guess is more likely. 😔

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I would HOPE that would be the case, but sadly...

...I think this guess is more likely. 
    With H1N1 pandemic influenza in 2009, first in line was health care workers. It will be the same. This is in the pandemic plans.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There was a good story on a Montreal radio Twitter account about three sailors with COVID antibodies that managed to prevent the rest of crew getting sick more than once. I hope there will be some information about any dietary or exercise or health precautions those three took that helped everyone just get COVID-19 only once aboard the ship.

Last wee, there were news reports of a Hong Kong man who had COVID-19 once being reinfected with another version of COVID. Ditto two Europeans-round two for them as well. So, how do we slow down the repeat bouts and even minimize COVID from coming round to anyone else. It's going to be really hard to wear masks indoors if during winter blasts, we are walking outdoors in windchills with scarfs or neck gaiters to prevent our lower faces from freezing. Our skins will want to warm up and noses need time to clear before we can don masks again.

The problem with vaccines is that they only protect against the version of a virus that scientists thinks will be still circulating but the vaccines won't necessarily work on the mutated or new strains of the virus that happen to be around in the same flu season. Remember, there is a long time frame in which vaccines need to be manufactured ahead of a flu season. They cannot just be cranked out on short notice. Recall how people in Canada were not thrilled to be restricted to 30 day supplies of prescription medicines in order to ensure that their provinces would not run out of key medicines? Supplies from other countries that also needed the medicines plus dispensing fees all added to the prescription order routines of March-June 2020.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I heard about the sailors on the radio too. I am commenting to join the thread. Though I only read the first and last pages.

My COVID-19 rant for today is: I have 21 desks spaced in my classroom for 28 students. Apparently, I am not allowed to touch or move or add to room concerning desks. Hopefully more info this week.

My positive thought is: I am happy to have a roof over my head and a job. My BIL and SIL had trouble with their house closing today and are couch surfing tonight (one of their kids is with us). Hopefully everything will be sorted tomorrow for them.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

most people I would say 95% are respectful with wearing the mask in the stores in my city.I did notice maxi and cie and super c have 1 time use mask at the entrance for those who enter without...good thing
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Sooooo glad that I am retired and don't have to work in those places anymore!
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Burlington Centre has a vending machine for masks located by the Shoppers Drug Mart, per e-mail sent for the weekend.

Considering stores don't have to provide masks to customers, the vending machines offer customers without masks (message should be sunk in by now by area residents) the chance to get one (not sure of cost).
    Giseledta and Shwa Girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Sooooo glad that I am retired and don't have to work in those places anymore!
    Congrats.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Burlington Centre has a vending machine for masks located by the Shoppers Drug Mart, per e-mail sent for the weekend.

Considering stores don't have to provide masks to customers, the vending machines offer customers without masks (message should be sunk in by now by area residents) the chance to get one (not sure of cost).
    Nobody needs to buy a mask. If they have a cotton fabric scarf that covers the nose, mouth and chin that's all that is needed. At least in ON.
    Ciel and Granger like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mandatory masks in riding the transit in Vancouver. I have two reusable masks and disposable masks PPE ain’t my goals but gloves are not to prevent you from touching your face. I have glasses on top of mask that makes it fogging it up, but better safe masking than sorry!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCouponSaver78 View Post
    Mandatory masks in riding the transit in Vancouver. I have two reusable masks and disposable masks PPE ain’t my goals but gloves are not to prevent you from touching your face. I have glasses on top of mask that makes it fogging it up, but better safe masking than sorry!
    If you are able to either a) fit the masks to you nose with a bendable nose piece or b) bring your mask up and set your glasses on top of the mask to act like a nose piece, you may find that reduces most if not all of the fogging. It works for me.

Now I have to figure out the face shield for teaching. I put it on and it fogged instantly. We have to wear a mask under that too. Learning curves. Also I was wearing my PPE inside out at work on Fri. Not used to medical masks as I wear cloth everywhere else.
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, Sep 5th, 2020 at 09:36 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information