Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Wow
    939 covid cases today
    In Quebec more than 1000 cases and12 who had lost life..and my small city will now be a red zone in effect to saturday and we dont know how many time this measure will be ..pretty scary!
    Giseledta and walkonby like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It's a 28 day return to Phase 2 for T.O. Ottawa and Peel region. Starting at midnight tonight ( Oct 9th )
    No indoor dining ( or drinking ), no gyms, we know the drill, ty super spreaders for having us all move backwards!!
    Giseledta, GoJays, cath007 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    It's a 28 day return to Phase 2 for T.O. Ottawa and Peel region. Starting at midnight tonight ( Oct 9th )
    No indoor dining ( or drinking ), no gyms, we know the drill, ty super spreaders for having us all move backwards!!
    Yes, it's sad to go backwards. At least there is take out and delivery. Hope the numbers drop over the next 28 days.
    Giseledta, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

In New Brunswick zone 1 and zone 5 are both going back into the orange phase. I wish they would close the schools and implement online learning. I live in zone 1 our outbreak is in an elderly care home but employees at other businesses have tested positive and there may be some community spread found in the next few weeks. (Costco optometry department, St-Hubert restaurant, a McDonald’s, and a local beverage room.)
    I don’t know much about the outbreak in zone 5 but it’s got the first case to enter a high school.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, sorry if this is not a rant. Just had to say it

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Super spreaders are a bad outcome of COVID.

One positive thing that has come out of this is that they can't keep up with the flu shots at pharmacies. Some had to reorder after the first day because of demand. The high dose shot and shot without preservative are in demand but not easy to find at a pharmacy.
    Another positive thing is that personal support workers are getting a pay raise and they are hiring more.
    Another positive thing is that there are new jobs for case and contact tracers in Ontario.
    Another positive thing is the school nurse is back. More public health nurses in schools for COVID, student mental health, student drug/substance help

This time last year, not as many people getting a flu shot. This COVID is changing how some people think, for the better, IMHO. Stay safe everyone!
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Oct 15th, 2020 at 06:43 AM.
    walkonby and cath007 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have been going on the Quebec Flu Vaccination site since end of September daily just to see any updates on dates available.

It went live on Monday October 5th. The CLSCs in my area had no online signup, you can only call to make an appointment. I wasn't about to spend I don't know how long on the phone trying to get through and then spending time reciting how many people want the shot with SIN information. That can be costly for me per minute spent on my phone.

There was an online signup a community away but only the first 2 weeks in November. We prefer the mornings on the weekend cause DD works during the week. The first Saturday had a few spots in the afternoon and the second Saturday November 14 was completely open. So I made all the appointments for 11:00AM. Then I keep checking and slowly all spots have been booked for the complete 2 weeks at that location.

It seems that as soon as that community fills up, another community opens up. Now, it asks if you live in that community and if you fall in the at risk category. Depending on how you answer, you either see the times available to book or you can't even book. So they are going even further to weed out patients making it even more difficult to find spots.

I am so glad I got free shots and not have to resort to paying approx. $20 each at pharmacies.
    cath007 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I have been going on the Quebec Flu Vaccination site since end of September daily just to see any updates on dates available.

It went live on Monday October 5th. The CLSCs in my area had no online signup, you can only call to make an appointment. I wasn't about to spend I don't know how long on the phone trying to get through and then spending time reciting how many people want the shot with SIN information. That can be costly for me per minute spent on my phone.

There was an online signup a community away but only the first 2 weeks in November. We prefer the mornings on the weekend cause DD works during the week. The first Saturday had a few spots in the afternoon and the second Saturday November 14 was completely open. So I made all the appointments for 11:00AM. Then I keep checking and slowly all spots have been booked for the complete 2 weeks at that location.

It seems that as soon as that community fills up, another community opens up. Now, it asks if you live in that community and if you fall in the at risk category. Depending on how you answer, you either see the times available to book or you can't even book. So they are going even further to weed out patients making it even more difficult to find spots.

I am so glad I got free shots and not have to resort to paying approx. $20 each at pharmacies.
    glad you got your appointments
    agree that the at risk category would help to get an appointment

I am going to a drive through pharmacy where they come outside and you roll down your window and roll up your sleeve.

Used Bool My Shot website. All provinces except Quebec, unfortunately.
    https://www.bookmyshot.com/
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Oct 15th, 2020 at 11:24 AM.
    couponmummy and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Passing along a question that seems to speak to how much effort each of us is actually making to help mitigate the second wave:

Excluding your workplace if you're working outside of home, how many times in the past week did you enter an indoor public space (store, gas station, library, community center, etc. with return visits counted separately), and how many of those were important enough that if you'd had to pay $5 to enter, you still would have gone in anyway?
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    glad you got your appointments
    agree that the at risk category would help to get an appointment

I am going to a drive through pharmacy where they come outside and you roll down your window and roll up your sleeve.

Used Bool My Shot website. All provinces except Quebec, unfortunately.
    https://www.bookmyshot.com/
    @Shwa Girl
    Is this service free?

Originally, the site says that if you don't fall in the at risk category, you can still get the vaccine if you want it.

I guess more people are signing up, they have to restrict it.

The local news are reporting that even pharmacies are totally booked. If you don't have already booked, I don't see how you can get the vaccine if they can't meet demand.
    cath007 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    @Shwa Girl
    Is this service free?

Originally, the site says that if you don't fall in the at risk category, you can still get the vaccine if you want it.

I guess more people are signing up, they have to restrict it.

The local news are reporting that even pharmacies are totally booked. If you don't have already booked, I don't see how you can get the vaccine if they can't meet demand.
    Yes. Free in Ontario
    Pharmacies can order more vaccine if they need it. They just have to wait for it to be packaged and delivered.
    November onward Province orders additional doses as required from vaccine manufacturers.

Deliveries and orders continue across the province and settings.
    http://health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/progr...t_availability
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Oct 15th, 2020 at 07:04 PM.
    cath007 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Passing along a question that seems to speak to how much effort each of us is actually making to help mitigate the second wave:

Excluding your workplace if you're working outside of home, how many times in the past week did you enter an indoor public space (store, gas station, library, community center, etc. with return visits counted separately), and how many of those were important enough that if you'd had to pay $5 to enter, you still would have gone in anyway?
    Here are my two cents, which, since we now round down...haha. Here goes: I think people are willful creatures who want what they want when they want it and will justify their behaviour in whatever way suits them in order to avoid admitting that they are behaving badly. I have a friend who has socialized with correct numbers of people but from different groups on three different days on a weekend (baseball team, her family and then his work friends), and each time she quotes the correct number of people allowed. My point is that she is aware but interprets the rules in whatever way makes her not responsible. Another friend is getting married in a few weekends, but is upset that the plans have to include fewer people, spaced out in the church, can't eat together, etc... When asked why not postpone it (and this is an individual who owns a home with and has been living with her partner for @8 years), my friend gets sentimental and states that the date is important as it's her grandparents wedding anniversary date.

I guess I feel that trying not to die trumps ones need for their four year old to play hockey, or being sentimental, or because 'we've always done it this way' or whatever.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    Here are my two cents, which, since we now round down...haha. Here goes: I think people are willful creatures who want what they want when they want it and will justify their behaviour in whatever way suits them in order to avoid admitting that they are behaving badly. I have a friend who has socialized with correct numbers of people but from different groups on three different days on a weekend (baseball team, her family and then his work friends), and each time she quotes the correct number of people allowed. My point is that she is aware but interprets the rules in whatever way makes her not responsible. Another friend is getting married in a few weekends, but is upset that the plans have to include fewer people, spaced out in the church, can't eat together, etc... When asked why not postpone it (and this is an individual who owns a home with and has been living with her partner for @8 years), my friend gets sentimental and states that the date is important as it's her grandparents wedding anniversary date.

I guess I feel that trying not to die trumps ones need for their four year old to play hockey, or being sentimental, or because 'we've always done it this way' or whatever.
    Sadly, people like your friends either don't realize or worse, ignore that when they act less than completely responsibly, it isn't just about them. It influences some of the people they know to act less responsibly too, which can then snowball.

The main reason I found the $5 question interesting is that it requires me to think about the difference between telling myself "this in okay to do because it's important" and that same thing being important enough to pay an amount that, for me anyway, is easily affordable. It's not a matter of the specific $5 amount, but rather of thinking about how important each time I go somewhere actually is.
    walkonby and luvthefree like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post

Great question @Arjon
    This is a keeping it 100 moment eh?
    We have been responsible with room for improvement. Three family members are essential workers, so worry is always there.
    Grocery trips are done only on the days I drop a family member to work and or pick them back up. Price matching limits the number of stores I enter and I usually do the fuel fill up for the vehicle on those days as well.
    Other than those outings I'm a hermit.
    Just ask Netflix if he and I are in a relationship.....ha ha ha
    Would I have paid $5.00 for each trip into these 2 places.....yup . We need groceries and gas. pretty simple.
    luvthefree likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

york region is tightening up restrictions as of monday.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...-and-can-t-do/
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    york region is tightening up restrictions as of monday.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...-and-can-t-do/

welcome to the isolation @heartgirl99 ( sigh )

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information