• 2 Post By vino_er_coach
  • 2 Post By Arjon
  • 1 Post By dyalect
  • 2 Post By Pointsman

Thread: Walmart boycott

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

NO PRICEMATCH AT WALMART - SPEND YOUR $ AT NO-FRILLS FRESHCO OR SUPERSTORE.

I suggest boycotting Walmart if they don't want to pricematch in Canada. "We consumers" have lots of other options for grocery shopping. It is that simple. Customer service said they are lowering prices on all goods to account for no price matching. I asked which prices have been lowered and they wouldn't comment. I haven't seen any lower prices this week.
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart
    barbis9, Paapu, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I've been boycotting them since they stopped doing canada wide it was different everytime iwent in and ended havingtogo elsewhere anyway, oh yeah and they never had the item I needed.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
    barbis9, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It looks like they lost a lot of business in the Trenton area. Freschco was jammed (but organized) on Friday morning when I went. I will pm at Frescho, No Frills and Giant Tiger.
    I like Giant Tiger because they are still giving rain checks for sale items
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have never liked Walmart. The family that owns it is worth billions, but refuse to pay staff better. The end of price matching is just another greedy way to make more money. I find the produce isn't fresh, no proper stock rotation, etc. I hope more people boycott them.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have a 25$ giftcard to pass there but after they will lost me...
    crafter likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

stc walmart - i didn't go to each checkouts areas, but 2 sets of checkouts area have self checkouts.. while the cashier checkout was closed.. i guess, walmart doesn't want to do any more price matching so they can have everyone do self checkouts instead. it's really sad. i want to stop buying from walmart too but certain items are cheaper and in stock there vs other places. i definitely will move my purchases to other stores as much as possible though in order to save (since expenses are all up in my household, water, electricity, etc). the grocery stores and walmart have all the power because more people are buying online and buy at whatever price it is because right now the priority is safety and limit trips outside the home. whatever they make extra, i hope they pass it to their frontline workers.
    crafter likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was in Giant Tiger yesterday and it was a lot busier than usual. As I passed by a staff member, I overheard them saying that their business has been up 30-40% since Walmart stopped price matching. Keep on boycotting!
    coupon girl, walkonby and HermanH like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    I was in Giant Tiger yesterday and it was a lot busier than usual. As I passed by a staff member, I overheard them saying that their business has been up 30-40% since Walmart stopped price matching. Keep on boycotting!
    To add to this, from my store, it does seem like traffic is up. Items are selling out a lot faster than they use to. And I believe I overheard one of my managers mention the Walmart price matching. So it looks like Walmart will (hopefully) begin to take a hurting from this policy change
    crafter and vino_er_coach like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    To add to this, from my store, it does seem like traffic is up. Items are selling out a lot faster than they use to. And I believe I overheard one of my managers mention the Walmart price matching. So it looks like Walmart will (hopefully) begin to take a hurting from this policy change
    I hope so. Walmart came in, destroyed many other businesses and now that they have a massive market share, they are ending the policies that gave them that edge.

They are also reducing their overhead by reducing staffing costs by bringing in self checkouts and not having staff at regular checkouts.
    The are increasing prices with manipulative marketing tactics and squeezing out every last penny from their suppliers.

I am surprised that there is not a picture of the Walmart sign beside the word Greed in the dictionary. I really hope this bites them in the a$$. I could do with a good laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GoJays and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    My guess is that even in the best case scenario where WM returns to PMing, it won't happen for a number of months. They have undoubtedly allowed for some decrease in sales, so they won't truly feel hurt unless the drop is greater than projected. What's more, part of the lower-margin sales they're losing out on is being offset by regular customers who used to PM casually, haven't switched stores and are now paying WM's prices for those items they would have PMed before, thereby increasing WM's margin on those items. And there are LOTS more people who PM casually at most, and who thus have little reason to switch than there are serious PMers.
    walkonby and crafter like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm just doing some Sunday morning sluthing. I'm finding myself shopping more at Frescho so I thought I'd review their coupon policy. I noticed something very enticing.. i.e. coupon overages-Re-imburse the difference in cash if the value of the coupon is higher than the price in effect

If others have more knowledge, input would be appreciated. I've also included the return policy and Cheaper Guarantee

Frescho from their site
    a) Supplier (Vendor) and Store Coupons
    · •Expiry date on coupon must not have passed

· •Must have a Canadian redemption address

· •Can only be redeemed against the purchase of the item specified on the coupon

· •Respect the coupon face value even if higher than the price in effect

· •Re-imburse the difference in cash if the value of the coupon is higher than the price in effect

· •May not be combined with any other offer

· •For BOGO, coupons will only be accepted for the item purchased, not the free item

· •Limited to one (1) coupon per item purchased unless otherwise stated on the coupon

· •Supplier (Vendor) coupons must not be printed on plain paper or photocopied

· •Coupons cannot state “Mail In Offer” or “Mail In For Rebate”

These coupons must be mailed in by the customer to the address provided
    b) Internet Coupons
    · •Expiry date on coupon must not have passed

· •Must have a Canadian redemption address

· •Can only be redeemed against the purchase of the item specified on the coupon

· •Respect the coupon face value even if higher than the price in effect

· •Re-imburse the difference in cash if the value of the coupon is higher than the price in effect

· •May not be combined with any other offer

· •For BOGO, coupons will only be accepted for the item purchased, not the free item

· •Limited to one (1) coupon per item purchased unless otherwise stated on the coupon

· •Must include a picture of the product on the coupon

· •Coupon will not be accepted if it is non-legible

· •Must not exceed a value of $25.00

· •Must have at least one (1) UPC

· •Coupons cannot state “Mail In Offer” or “Mail In For Rebate”

These coupons must be mailed in by the customer to the address provided
    Return policy
    At FreshCo. we stand behind our products. If you aren’t satisfied with an item, bring it back with your receipt within 14 days and we’ll give you your money back. Also, we suggest that you contact the company that manufactured the product directly. Manufacturers are the experts on their own products and welcome customer feedback.

• Our guarantee that we’re cheaper means that if a major supermarket competitor within your local store’s geographic trade area offers a lower price on any item that we carry in our store, simply show us their price in their flyer/ad (current) or on their receipt (within 14 days of purchase) and we will sell you that item for 1˘ less. Applies to identical items (same brand, item type (in the case of produce, meat and bakery), size and attributes) or comparable items in the case of private label. Does not apply to prescriptions or gift cards. Excludes ‘spend x get x’; clearance sales, and ‘free’ promotions and discounts obtained through loyalty or other preferred customer programs. Does not apply to competition misprints or withdrawn or corrected advertisements. We reserve the right to verify competitor prices and to limit quantities to 2 identical products/flavours. “Our major supermarket competitors”, “geographic trade areas” and “comparable items” are determined solely by us and are based on a number of factors that can change from time to time. We reserve the right to make changes to this program without prior notice.

Last edited by crafter; Sun, Nov 1st, 2020 at 10:13 AM.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Another store that I find myself going to more is Giant Tiger not just for groceries but for clothes (many of wish are made in Canada) It's key to join their VIP program for some sale items. I find price matching easy there with the extra cent off and they have a no time limit return policy.
    The details I noticed today are
    no tax on free item from BOG1F
    they allow for coupon overage to be applied to total transaction
    they accommodate for smartphone coupons

**1 negative is I noticed that the coupon needs to be redeemed "before" the expiry. I've used coupons at stores "on their expiry date", perhaps I'm not supposed to be. Can anyone clarify?**

COUPON POLICY

We will gladly accept coupons provided they meet the following criteria:

• Coupons are accepted only if the store carries the item;
    • Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase;
    • The item purchased must match the item presented on the coupon(identical in size, quantity, brand, style etc.);
    • The expiration date must be listed and coupons must be redeemed before the expiry date on the coupon; and
    • Coupons must have a scannable barcode.

NUMBER OF COUPONS THAT CAN BE USED FOR EACH ITEM

• Only one acceptable coupon may be presented for each item purchased within a transaction.
    • The store reserves the right to limit quantities where multiple coupons are used for multiple purchases of the same item.

FREE MERCHANDISE WITH A COUPON (I.E. BOGO - BUY ONE GET ONE)

• No sales tax is applied on free merchandise.

WHEN COUPON VALUE EXCEEDS THE PRICE OF THE ITEM

• If the value of the coupon exceeds the price of the item (including taxes), the excess value of the coupon is applied against the transaction total for all other items purchased (after taxes). Any remaining coupon value after the excess value has been applied against the transaction total for all other items purchased (after taxes) is not paid out as cash.

In addition, the following requirements must be met on each of the types of accepted coupon offers below.
    Giant Tiger coupons

EMAIL/WEB/FACEBOOK COUPONS ARE ACCEPTED BY:

• Presenting the coupon on a smartphone for the cashier to scan the bar code; or
    • Presenting a printed coupon, which must contain a clear and scannable bar code.

INTERNET/MANUFACTURER'S COUPONS

• The coupon must have Manufacturer's instructions to the retailer as well as a Canadian remittance address.
    • Only Canadian coupons are accepted.
    • Only printed coupons are accepted.

Note:

• Stores have the right to refuse any coupons that appear to be photocopied, scanned or altered.
    • Unfortunately we are unable to accept coupons for online purchases at this time.

RETURN POLICY

Satisfaction guaranteed or your money cheerfully refunded - no time limit!

Note: Please note all tobacco, lottery, undergarments1, disposable and reusable masks2 and gift cards are final sales.
    In Store Purchases

Simply return the item in its original packaging to the store, with your receipt.
    Online Purchases can be returned to store or via our online warehouse
    RETURNS TO STORE

This is the fastest way to receive your refund; Simply return your online purchase to a local Giant Tiger location. You must present your confirmation email or the packing slip that came with the shipped item(s). If these are not available, you may be offered a merchandise credit for the item if the store can confirm it is a Giant Tiger product.
    Note: Fireworks and Oversized items (in excess of 45kg) purchased on GiantTiger.com cannot be returned to store. Please call our customer service team at 1-833-848-4437 to make arrangements.
    RETURNS TO OUR ONLINE WAREHOUSE

If you wish to return an item you purchased online directly to the warehouse, please call our customer service team at 1-833-848-4437 and they will provide all the helpful information required to complete your return.
    When shipping a return, you must include the original or copy of the packing list. Be sure to save copies for your records.
    Please allow up to 2 weeks for order processing and purchase credit.
    Note: Items purchased at Giant Tiger stores may not be returned to our online warehouse.
    Exchanges

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer exchanges for online purchases at this time. For products purchased in-store, exchanges are based on availability of product.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/crenn/AppData/Local/Packages/microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/msohtmlclip/clip_image001.png[/IMG]
    1Undergarments: Bras, and swim tops such as tankini and bikini tops are not to be classified as undergarments and will be refunded. Underwear, bikini bottoms and 1-piece bathing suits are final sales.
    2Masks: Defective masks can be exchanged.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmart runs the show and laughs at any boycotts. See you there in stage 2.
    HermanH likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well I won't Boycott Walmart per se, but I've never really enjoyed the 'shopping experience' there, and being a rather active PM'er, this just gives me one more reason to avoid going there.
    walkonby and Anna Michele like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I’m so glad Walmart stopped matching. Even our No Frills matches Walmart. Have never participated in the price matching furor there - and only grace their premises under extreme extenuating circumstances.

(And the last time I did - they didn’t even have the product I needed - simple bandages - just underlines how useless they are)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Thread Information