• 1 Post By crafter
  • 2 Post By vino_er_coach
  • 2 Post By GoJays
  • 1 Post By vino_er_coach

Thread: Metro and scop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was at metro today. Flyer item rang up at $6.99 item is on sale for $4.99 had 2 similar items but different barcode. So I say to cashier I guess those will be free due to scope. Nope scop at Metro no longer is available on sale items with an expiry date but I will give it to you at the sale price...wow how kind of you. She said we don’t have to even participate in it. Well the whole point of scop was to encourage retailers to make sure their prices in the system are correct. So people like me don’t get screwed for $6 on 3 bags of fruit. Everyday pricing is very rarely wrong but sale prices are often wrong that’s the whole point of scop. She felt she was doing me a big favour by offering me the sale price. Not impressed!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Metro
    walkonby, cath007 and Thatdone like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Nope scop at Metro no longer is available on sale items with an expiry date.
    Having an expiry date is only an exclusion if it PAST the expiry date. (eg if the tag/ad/flyer Price valid until Sept.4th, and it's now the 17th)
    The expiry date, in this case, is their "out" that the sign is "correct" (even though it's still up).

But if the expiry date is in the future (say, Sept.24th) then the SCOP is enforceable.

I had a similar argument at Shopper's a few weeks ago.

24-pack of PC Water was $1.99. It was Friday, Aug. 14th. The posted price sign said "expires Aug.16". They argued that the sale didnt start until Saturday.
    The sign does not say when it started, the sign ONLY says when it expired.. two days in the future. There was no posting that it was "15th & 16th only".
    The sign read exactly: "PC WATER, 24 pack... $1.99... expires Aug.16th" -- Today is the 14th. That's all the information on the sign, SCOP is enforceable. The sign is up, and it may be inaccurate, but that's the WHOLE point of SCOP... to post accurate signage.

Then they argued that the SCOP didnt include "sale" signs... that it only included shelf tags. So I read to them, from the placard on the counter "if the scanned price is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price..." -- so I won my argument and got the water for free. But it's a sure case that the staff are not properly trained on what SCOP is or when it is applied.

She said we don’t have to even participate in it.
    To say "We dont have to participate" isn't technically wrong. But the fact is, Metro DOES participate. If you are in the program, and the signs are posted, then you ARE participating. You can't pick and chose when you want to participate or not.
    Poirot, walkonby and scouponer like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, how I miss those wonderful days when they did “fresh or free”. My mother and I would spend an entire Sunday hitting all of the stores within a 30 minutes drive, walking away with hundreds of dollars of products each that we found for next to nothing, highlighted by SCOP. Those WERE the days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    crafter likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was just thinking about those good old days @ vino_er_coach .When our daughter became vegetarian back then, I was always able to find an expired non meat product (mostly Yves products back then).
    I've been finding more and more expired products in our local Metro which is surprising since there are usually 2 or 3 staff stocking shelves. I was thinking of asking the manager if they would like me to bring it to the customer service desk when I find them to help them out. My new progressives really do help when shopping lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vino_er_coach View Post
    Oh, how I miss those wonderful days when they did “fresh or free”. My mother and I would spend an entire Sunday hitting all of the stores within a 30 minutes drive, walking away with hundreds of dollars of products each that we found for next to nothing, highlighted by SCOP. Those WERE the days!

vino_er_coach likes this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    I was just thinking about those good old days @ vino_er_coach .When our daughter became vegetarian back then, I was always able to find an expired non meat product (mostly Yves products back then).
    I've been finding more and more expired products in our local Metro which is surprising since there are usually 2 or 3 staff stocking shelves. I was thinking of asking the manager if they would like me to bring it to the customer service desk when I find them to help them out. My new progressives really do help when shopping lol.
    Haha! I always bring up expired products at stores and then make it a point to the manager that they are lucky I found it before someone bought it, ate it unknowingly and got food poisoning. For the life of me, I do not understand how the concept of stock rotation is not understood by staff at grocery stores!
    Another thing that really irks me is when someone picks up a refrigerated product, like meat, change their mind, put it on a shelf at the other end of the store and then they find it and just put it back where it came from.

crafter likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@vino_er_coach . Couldn't agree more!

another mission I have...
    I have been known to get "bread squeezers" to buy the loaf that they "tested"
    vino_er_coach likes this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nice one!

Nothing I hate more than a squished loaf of bread!

I sent my oldest to the store just yesterday to get milk and bread because he decided in the middle of the night Friday to eat the last half of my last loaf (today is shopping day, and I only get enough to last me the week, and Sunday morning, I always have bacon, eggs and toast) and drank an entire bag of milk, so no coffee!
    He came home with it, milk in the bottom, bread sideways, half crushed by the milk.
    I made him walk all the way back to the store and him pay for a new loaf. I don’t think he will be doing that again...I was completely unimpressed.

walkonby and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vino_er_coach View Post
    Nice one!

Nothing I hate more than a squished loaf of bread!

I sent my oldest to the store just yesterday to get milk and bread because he decided in the middle of the night Friday to eat the last half of my last loaf (today is shopping day, and I only get enough to last me the week, and Sunday morning, I always have bacon, eggs and toast) and drank an entire bag of milk, so no coffee!
    He came home with it, milk in the bottom, bread sideways, half crushed by the milk.
    I made him walk all the way back to the store and him pay for a new loaf. I don’t think he will be doing that again...I was completely unimpressed.

That's savage..... I like you 😂
    walkonby and vino_er_coach like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    That's savage..... I like you
    Some times we have to do a bit of tough love....this was one of those moments.

GoJays likes this.

Thread Information